Is Northeastern a must win? | The Boneyard

Is Northeastern a must win?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Duke/Florida transfer Alex Murphy is a veteran sixth-year player who looks ready to do some damage down low on both ends, exploiting our weakness inside.

Senior guard T.J. Williams is coming off a career game against BU in their opener. Unlike our vets Purvis and Adams, he looks like he's starting the season ready to play.

Could be another long night for our Huskies. If they play from behind against these Huskies they're going to be bitten again.

An 0-2 start at Gampel would blow up the season irreparably.

Doooomed!

Reaction Score
I'll tell you what is a must win. Oklahoma State. By beating OSU, you face a weak UNC team. Your season is back on track.

Reaction Score
Duke/Florida transfer Alex Murphy is a veteran sixth-year player who looks ready to do some damage down low on both ends, exploiting our weakness inside.

Senior guard T.J. Williams is coming off a career game against BU in their opener. Unlike our vets Purvis and Adams, he looks like he's starting the season ready to play.

Could be another long night for our Huskies. If they play from behind against these Huskies they're going to be bitten again.

An 0-2 start at Gampel would blow up the season irreparably.

Doooomed!
Let's start with "must show up". That's the first part. Small steps w this group.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
it's a must win, for the sanity of this board as well as the team

0-2 against weaker programs will be a big hole to dig out of

Reaction Score
In all honesty, and I know it's one game, this feels like a learning season because of all the new faces. I just don't see the seniors leading this group by example. Right now, I don't see us being an at-large team. Need to gel in the weeks/months leading to conference play. Gonna need to win the AAC tourney for a big dance bid. It helps that it's in Hartford this year, if I'm not mistaken. Plus, I don't see any conference foe as significantly better than us like SMU was in '15 when we made the conference final.

Reaction Score
Points , points , points. 53 pts. against Wagner , respectable team but come on 53 stinking pts. Watching the scores of other games and everybody is scoring 80 or more regardless of competition. WTF is it ? Our football team can't score either . Yes Northeastern would sure seem to be a must win and its only our 2nd game .

Reaction Score
We are gonna see a ton of zone. They look quicker and more athletic than Wagner. Playing exclusively zone against Boston u

Reaction Score
Well sheeeit, Pal has officially shoe-horned us in to doing this every week now.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Alex Murphy was like a Junior on that Florida team we played in 2014 right?

Reaction Score
To quote Aaron Rodgers when asked it the up coming game against the Tennessee Titans was a must win. "I've never liked that term. WWII was a must win."

Reaction Score
Northeastern isn't too bad at all. Have to play better than laying down the uniforms and hoping the history of the program and rankings wins this time.

Reaction Score
I watched their game against BU and they looked pretty good. Ran some good stuff and made open jumpers. Shot well from 3, but it didn't seem like that's all they looked for. Some toughness inside. Some of their freshmen played pretty well, and they have a lot of steady veterans. They have nobody to guard Larrier and I think he could go for 30.

Reaction Score
Huge game tonight for these kids. They need to play a solid game for 40 and feel what it's like.

Murphy and the other big for them are solid, not great. Alex will take them away form the basket too as he can step out and shoot. I expect KO to play small a lot in this one because they play 3 guards most of the time.

Just need to get a good 40 minutes to get some confidence in this young team going, looking forward to seeing how the react to their opening debacle.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
The old days of UConn hoops you could bank on them coming out and winning by 20 coming off a disappointing loss. The psyche of this team the past couple years terrifies me. "We ain't Cinderella we're UConn!" Okay Kevin, this program was built on the underdog mentality and you're guys have been playing like entitled crybabies the past two years.

Reaction Score
Would agree that from a feel good perspective for our younger players, that this is a must win. Think they will come out with full intensity...but that needs to translate into points and defensive stops that gives us a lead to work with

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom