Is J Carey on campus tomorrow? | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Is J Carey on campus tomorrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Okay i feel way more confident after reading that article.... Just us miami and cuse...... CMON KO

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

intlzncster

Reaction Score
They copied and pasted one of my posts in their Carey thread. Then they were making fun of my handle because they thought it was in reference to the six overtime game which makes perfect sense because my handle has the word seven in it. So I registered over there to let them know it was in reference to UConn's seven BET titles at MSG. At first some guys were cool but everything I posted came back to their only line of the AAC and we're irrelevant and blah blah blah. So I left them with a little parting gift before I got banned...

View attachment 24773

That's solid.

Reaction Score
So??????? Does he want to be pure point? or Combo?

Jalen Carey visits Syracuse, heading toward fall decision | Zagsblog

While I think UConn will def be in it till the end, the fact that we'll most likely have at least three guards for next year in AG, CV and Akinjo doesn't sound appealing to Carey's father. Then there's always the possibility Adams returns for his senior year. The father mentioned that Rutgers is out cause they already signed a few guards. Supposedly Boeheim is selling the kid on coming in and being a point guard. First off, the kid isn't a point guard at best he's a combo guard. Secondly, I believe Cuse will have two point guards on their roster next year in Howard and Washington so there will def be competition for that position. It sounds like this kid and his father are going to choose whatever program they perceive will give him the most opportunity for playing time and a chance to shine. It very well could be Miami if they believe Walker and Brown are gone.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So??????? Does he want to be pure point? or Combo?

Jalen Carey visits Syracuse, heading toward fall decision | Zagsblog

The reason there is guaranteed playing time for Carey is that Boeheim has absolutely failed in his PG recruiting and development. Ennis left early and he and the staff (McNamera is the guard coach) have failed to develop Frank Howard and Kaleb Joseph. They were lucky to get Gillon as a grad transfer last year. They were so convinced that Quade Green was a lock that they did not pursue another PG last year. They ended up scrambling at the end of recruiting to bring in to get Howard Washington. Seems like they are doing the same wth Carey.

I wonder where Ayala stands at Syracuse as they were trying to get him in for 2017, but he decided to stay in 2018. Ayala also wants to be a PG. Carey would be much better off with Gilbert and Akinjo as true PG and he could fill the role as a nice combo guard with PG tendancies at UConn than being a true PG at 'fuse. If Carey wants to develop skills he is much better off with Ollie and Moore and a tough man-to-man defense than McNamera and practicing against that zone. Defense gets a 6'3' guard to the league, and Boeheim's zone could kill Carey's chances.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Promise him whatever. Avoid "Next." at all costs.

I mean, this is what Boeheim is telling him: “They love him. [Syracuse coach Jim] Boeheim said he’s definitely a big time player. He could play right away. He could see him getting drafted maybe one, two years.

That's recruiting in 2017.
No thank you. Don't need another Vance Jackson scenario. JC never promised playing time. Players earned their time.

Last season there were lots of minutes available because of injuries and yet two players were essentially in KO's doghouse. (Not Vance. Our problem with him was dad wanted him utilized differently than what coaches wanted.). We want tough players who want to prove themselves and are hungry to be in an UConn uniform.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Since they're quoting us on here...

If Carey's top priority is perfecting his nose-picking skills, he should definitely choose Boeheim and the Orange.
The thread is hysterical. Also their comments about the greatness of the current state of their program and how great their uncertain future is while their coach in waiting left as did multiple players, is laughable

Last edited:

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
The reason there is guaranteed playing time for Carey is that Boeheim has absolutely failed in his PG recruiting and development. Ennis left early and he and the staff (McNamera is the guard coach) have failed to develop Frank Howard and Kaleb Joseph. They were lucky to get Gillon as a grad transfer last year. They were so convinced that Quade Green was a lock that they did not pursue another PG last year. They ended up scrambling at the end of recruiting to bring in to get Howard Washington. Seems like they are doing the same wth Carey.

I wonder where Ayala stands at Syracuse as they were trying to get him in for 2017, but he decided to stay in 2018. Ayala also wants to be a PG. Carey would be much better off with Gilbert and Akinjo as true PG and he could fill the role as a nice combo guard with PG tendancies at UConn than being a true PG at 'fuse. If Carey wants to develop skills he is much better off with Ollie and Moore and a tough man-to-man defense than McNamera and practicing against that zone. Defense gets a 6'3' guard to the league, and Boeheim's zone could kill Carey's chances.
Agreed. He doesn't develop them and he hides their flaws with the zone. Do coaches, players, and the media talk about johnny Flynn, MCW, or waiters? Or do they still talk about kemba, bazz,& boat?

intlzncster

Reaction Score
No thank you. Don't need another Vance Jackson scenario. JC never promised playing time. Players earned their time.

Last season there were lots of minutes available because of injuries and yet two players were essentially in KO's doghouse. (Not Vance. Our problem with him was dad wanted him utilized differently than what coaches wanted.). We want tough players who want to prove themselves and are hungry to be in an UConn uniform.

Yeah, I get the mantra, and I agreed with JC at the time. But it's instructive to understand that the landscape has changed. Social media and AAU has changed players goals, intentions, and expectations. Stroking egos, making them feel wanted, etc, are important concepts. I wouldn't be surprised if we've lost recruits to these kinds of tactics in the recent past.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Holy ____ ,we have to have this kid in the bag.

This is what they are selling him on! A nice high 4/low 5, a freshman outside the top 100 and Jimmys scrub son. Yikes.

Basically he would come in, he could play right away, they want him to lead the team and they want him to play with [Darius] Bazley. With him, Oshae Brissett and Buddy Boeheim, it’s looking really, really scary over there

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score

This is what they are selling him on! A nice high 4/low 5, a freshman outside the top 100 and Jimmys scrub son. Yikes.

Basically he would come in, he could play right away, they want him to lead the team and they want him to play with [Darius] Bazley. With him, Oshae Brissett and Buddy Boeheim, it’s looking really, really scary over there
He could come in and play with Gilbert, Vital, possibly Jalen, Akinjo, Wilson.... ....

intlzncster

Reaction Score
While I think UConn will def be in it till the end, the fact that we'll most likely have at least three guards for next year in AG, CV and Akinjo doesn't sound appealing to Carey's father. Then there's always the possibility Adams returns for his senior year. The father mentioned that Rutgers is out cause they already signed a few guards.

Don't forget, he's likely saying this to be equitable in public. It very well could be that they aren't interested because Rutgers.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Don't forget, he's likely saying this to be equitable in public. It very well could be that they aren't interested because Rutgers.
But that could the reason. Aren't we still in strong position for nembhard?

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I'll take Carey over Nembhard. Especially if we get James Akinjo. Akinjo game reminds me a lot of Alterique's actually.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

I'd also mention that, from the outside looking in, his dad, while being involved, seems to have a level head and a more 'positive' influence than Vances dad. Jmo

Reaction Score

Bazely is a top 10 recruit and Brissett was the top player in Canada last year.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
They copied and pasted one of my posts in their Carey thread. Then they were making fun of my handle because they thought it was in reference to the six overtime game which makes perfect sense because my handle has the word seven in it. So I registered over there to let them know it was in reference to UConn's seven BET titles at MSG. At first some guys were cool but everything I posted came back to their only line of the AAC and we're irrelevant and blah blah blah. So I left them with a little parting gift before I got banned...

View attachment 24773
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member