Is J Carey on campus tomorrow? | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Is J Carey on campus tomorrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Yeah, I get the mantra, and I agreed with JC at the time. But it's instructive to understand that the landscape has changed. Social media and AAU has changed players goals, intentions, and expectations. Stroking egos, making them feel wanted, etc, are important concepts. I wouldn't be surprised if we've lost recruits to these kinds of tactics in the recent past.
4>1

Reaction Score
Promise him whatever. Avoid "Next." at all costs.

I mean, this is what Boeheim is telling him: “They love him. [Syracuse coach Jim] Boeheim said he’s definitely a big time player. He could play right away. He could see him getting drafted maybe one, two years.

That's recruiting in 2017.
Yup. Ollie did the same thing.

“He is a priority and they plan in two years to get [him] to the league,” John Carey, the player’s father, told ZAGSBLOG about UConn. “They love him.”

Jalen Carey enjoys UConn visit, Syracuse up next | Zagsblog

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
Syracuse board saying we have no shot... really hope this pulls through for the good guys just to see them all pissed off

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Syracuse board saying we have no shot... really hope this pulls through for the good guys just to see them all pissed off
I don't give a Helm's trophy what the Cuse fans think. If Jalen wants to commit to UConn knowing what other players will be here I'd be thrilled with his commitment. Otherwise so what.

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
I don't give a Helm's trophy what the Cuse fans think. If Jalen wants to commit to UConn knowing what other players will be here I'd be thrilled with his commitment. Otherwise so what.

Not disputing that but I'd be lying if it wasn't a little extra sweet

Reaction Score
Yikes, took a peek over there and to say they are delusional is an understatement. At least most UConn fans are realistic about our current situation. The best are the ones who say they wouldn't trade their 1 title for our 4, etc because of our current conference predicament. But then again, it shouldn't surprise me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom