Is it time for another Boyle thread? | The Boneyard

Is it time for another Boyle thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Where's the Foxx thread ? Better yet, where's the Shirreffs/Davis thread? Fahq 2014 right in the p 00per

Reaction Score
Not really. We all want a top 50 QB running our o but we don t have one, not in CW, TB or DF.

Or maybe coach is just holding out a heisman quality QB so he can frustrate all of us.

Reaction Score
Yes.

It is time to play Boyle for God sakes. Will it happen? Of course not.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
It's been time to play the right people every week.......still hasn't happened.

Reaction Score
I don't want to hear anymore of the "best chance to win" rhetoric concerning Whitmer. The "Whitmer is our guy" crap is such a farce, and that pick six is a prime example why. He tries to be a hero, and it ends up costing the team and the win in epic fashion.

Reaction Score
It's been time to play the right people every week..still hasn't happened.

I disagree. I think the young receivers have impressed me. I think #3 is the real deal, Newsome is coming along (albeit slowly), and Foxx is a pleasant surprise. The 3 D Linemen are players. Puyol can kick. Adams can tackle. And our TE's have played well.

Our Achilles "lower body" (I wish it was just an ankle) is linebackers, and QB. I will give the O line a pass. They played OK, but Whitmer refuses to stay in the pocket. Play after play the pocket is fine, all he has to do is more a couple steps left or up (ala Brady) and instead he runs for the hills. Too bad for the weak cranial of Casey C - I think he would have shined with our young receiver corps and put some pop into this season. Instead we suck. But if HCBD changes QBs we might have a chance - I would much rather play TB and Foxx and let the chips fall where they may.

Reaction Score
Not really. We all want a top 50 QB running our o but we don t have one, not in CW, TB or DF.

Or maybe coach is just holding out a heisman quality QB so he can frustrate all of us.
How do you know about QBs that don't get a real chance, ESP?

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Man o man
If you are going to give Boyle a chance then GIVE HIM A F&$KING CHANCE.
It was promising to see that Diaco was going to let Boyle get the opportunity to go for it on 4th down. On TV it looked like Boyle was pleading with him to let him go for it and Diaco did. Too bad we f-ed it up with a false start.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
If Boyle isn't the full time starter the remainder of the season, then I don't know how little faith you have to have in somebody to not even trust them to win meaningless games.
But he's the QB of the future??? :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
But he's the QB of the future??? :rolleyes:
This just it. You've been saying he is the QB of the future. Well, there is nothing left to play for this year other than developing players for next year, so we will find out if what Diaco is saying is remotely true or if he is just blowing smoke. Give TB a game, WTF can happen we lose?

Reaction Score
Boyle looked calm and composed in there and deserved more time. He made a couple nice throws and if not for the Army kids helmet D may have had a TD to Foxx down the sideline, that pass was spot on. He has a rifle and Army was vulnerable.

He doesn't move as well as Whitmer but then again that's a good thing sometime. CW loves to leave the pocket way too early a lot and that's an issuer. Thought the O Line did a nice job yesterday and he panicked a few times and left a seemingly protected area to creat his own problems. Boyle may have had a field day if given a chance to get in a rhythm. Mayb be not - but we'll never know!

Reaction Score
How do you know about QBs that don't get a real chance, ESP?
The real chance starts in practice and doing all of the things the coaches are teaching and evaluating to determine who gets on the field. Since I don't have ESP I trust this coaching staff is making the right call.
ESP is required to channel what is going on during the week and the come to a different conclusion than than the coaches.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
No better time to get Boyle ready for a start than a long bye week and a home game to begin our real exhibition season.

Thank you Chandler for your dedication to UCONN. But here is your clipboard, headset, and long jacket. You can stand over there next to Casey. We have to see if this kid who whose redshirt is already burned can help us in 2015.

Reaction Score
We are officially out of the running for a bowl. Meaning (IMO), other than for Senior Day, Boyle should get at LEAST 75% of the snaps.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
We are officially out of the running for a bowl. Meaning (IMO), other than for Senior Day, Boyle should get at LEAST 75% of the snaps.
Agreed - I have been one of the most vocal CW supporters (DUH) but now is the time, unlesss TB is NOT the future - its time to see if he can produce.

Reaction Score
Real reps and time (assuming good effort) get you better. Mark Sanchez looked like a different QB yesterday. Moved in the pocket and avoided the rush like a poor man's Drew Brees. Maybe Chip K. is much better offensive coach and has better schemes than Jets but it also was a good bit of Mark himself. Give Boyle, the sophomore, some serious reps to see if he is better than Boyle the freshman and can get better still with live experience. Don't see any downside to this.

Reaction Score
At all the positions now is time to start playing for the future. We have seven senior starters , need to give all the the young guys on two deep some time to see what they can do and get some game experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom