Is it possible S. Car will be 5-7? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Is it possible S. Car will be 5-7?

Reaction Score
Charleston Souther leads Georgia at half time

Yikes

Down year for the SEC?

Early results not positive. Just 3 teams in the Massey top 30, and one of those is KY, which will get measured next Sun v Lou.

Reaction Score
Its not very good

Its MSU/Kentucky/Tennsseee

Then big drop off

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Year 2 of their coach who came over from Belmont. Not the trendline you want to see.
Just looked Cam Neubauer up - he’s in his 6th year as a head coach anywhere.

The cable is bad here where I’m at but I get the SEC network. Florida is up over Texas Tech 42-37

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Florida-Texas Tech is a butt ugly game. At the end of the third quarter it’s Florida 47-46. “Guarding the perimeter” seems to be a foreign concept to these teams. It’s do or die with the zone defense, apparently.

Switched to TCU vs Army in the Maggie Dixon Tourney. Army honoring Dixon by playing hard and smart, only behind 3 in the second quarter.

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
There is a chance that the Lesser Carolina-Duke game might not be played. Mother nature has interesting plans for this coming weekend Head bang

might save little carolina an arse whipping

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
DtnVL6gU8AER6k-.jpg

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
They're going to cancel a game over a little snow?
2" of snow in the Carolinas is cause to shut down everything. Living in upstate NY, it's difficult to sympathize.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
2" of snow in the Carolinas is cause to shut down everything. Living in upstate NY, it's difficult to sympathize.

Actually its the ice thats the problem. In the middle part of the state alot of the time we are along the snow/sleet/freezing rain line..

I saw a few weeks ago on the news how a few inches of snow paralyzed the NY metro area......... kids having to stay at school overnight ... etc.... so its not just a southern thing. :eek:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Actually its the ice thats the problem. In the middle part of the state alot of the time we are along the snow/sleet/freezing rain line..

I saw a few weeks ago on the news how a few inches of snow paralyzed the NY metro area.... kids having to stay at school overnight ... etc.... so its not just a southern thing. :eek:
I fail to remember that situation at all. Didn't happen. It takes more than a few inches of snow/ice to paralyze this city. To do that it would take at least 6-10 inches and blizzard conditions to paralyze the city, and that for only a day.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I assume the Sandlappers will arrive in Durham on Saturday.... so the game still could go on............ with a minimal crowd though.

I fail to remember that situation at all. Didn't happen. It takes more than a few inches of snow/ice to paralyze this city. To do that it would take at least 6-10 inches and blizzard conditions to paralyze the city, and that for only a day.

Well I did say NY Metro :p including the NJ (though you may not want to claim them) It was the week before Thanksgiving.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I assume the Sandlappers will arrive in Durham on Saturday.... so the game still could go on.. with a minimal crowd though.

Well I did say NY Metro :p including the NJ (though you may not want to claim them) It was the week before Thanksgiving.

I'll be there; sleet, snow or dark of night.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I'll be there; sleet, snow or dark of night.

hmmmm.... right now.... weather underground is calling for 8-12 inches of snow here..... 5-8 inches in Durham.... im sure that will change.... but gosh... it doesnt look good right now.

Reaction Score
hmmmm.... right now.... weather underground is calling for 8-12 inches of snow here..... 5-8 inches in Durham.... im sure that will change.... but gosh... it doesnt look good right now.

Is that heading our way? I’d like to know so I can get milk, bread and eggs now, ahead of the rush.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Is that heading our way? I’d like to know so I can get milk, bread and eggs now, ahead of the rush.
Wouldn’t you rather go to the packie before all the good stuff is gone?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

I dont think its expected to affect the northeast..... just the south and mid-atlantic...

Never quite understood the milk, bread, and eggs thing. I always go out to get donuts, fried chicken, and cheap wine. :cool:

Packie? Some kinda liquor store?

Reaction Score
Triadduke. Sounds like a plan. Nan really, the packie?
I, also don’t understand the milk read eggs thing either, but it is a fact. Going to the store late in the day before a storm and the shelves are bare of these items.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Packie? Some kinda liquor store?
Connecticut has some weird laws regarding liquor sales called blue laws that date back to colonial times. You can buy beer in the grocery store but for wine or liquor you have to go to package stores and they close at 8:00pm. Only in the last few years have package stores been open on Sundays.

That’s a long winded way of saying, yes, a packing is a liquor store. They sell beer, wine, liquor, mixers, and bar paraphernalia but if you want a loaf f bread, you have to go elsewhere.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Connecticut has some weird laws regarding liquor sales called blue laws that date back to colonial times. You can buy beer in the grocery store but for wine or liquor you have to go to package stores and they close at 8:00pm. Only in the last few years have package stores been open on Sundays.

That’s a long winded way of saying, yes, a packing is a liquor store. They sell beer, wine, liquor, mixers, and bar paraphernalia but if you want a loaf f bread, you have to go elsewhere.

Ok... they have these places here... ABC stores. I think they close at 9pm.. not open on Sundays. They sell beer and wine in grocery stores, gas stations.. drug stores... Walmarts.... but just the hard stuff at the ABC stuff. I suspect the ABC stores will be packed in the next few days.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
You might need to change that over to ABC now you're down in FL. :cool:

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score

I'm heading up to Durham on Saturday. On Sunday, I can always come home via 40, 95 and 20 if the snow is bad on 85 south/west of Durham. I'm from Jersey; a few inches of snow doesn't worry me.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I'm heading up to Durham on Saturday. On Sunday, I can always come home via 40, 95 and 20 if the snow is bad on 85 south/west of Durham. I'm from Jersey; a few inches of snow doesn't worry me.

Yeah.... you aint coming back 40/85 .... I guess I cant get a refund if I cant make it Head bang

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom