Is it me or... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Is it me or...

Reaction Score
I don’t know, but I underestimated her. She is the best player on the team from what I’ve seen. I thought Napheesa and Gabby were better, but after seeing how she’s improved every facet of her game this season, I finally see why she was the number one recruit in her class. I finally see that she is just more than just a shooter. She is attacking the basket more than ever, fighting for positioning in the post, and jumping the passing lane and getting steals and playing really good defense. They would’ve lost the Notre Dame game if she didn’t play. I may be going on a limb, but she is the best player in the country imo. Nobody can be effective in as many spots on the floor as she can. Top 3 players: 1)Lou 2) A’Ja 3) Gabby

Reaction Score
I see next year's starters as Crystal Dangerfield, KLS, Megan, Collier, and Z.

The same Megan who won't doesn't even bring the ball past the half court mark? I think Williams will slide into that shooting guard spot and Walker will be the 6th man next year.

Reaction Score
The same Megan who won't doesn't even bring the ball past the half court mark? I think Williams will slide into that shooting guard spot and Walker will be the 6th man next year.
Megan will take Lou's spot, Lou takes Kia's spot. Don't see Christyn leap frogging so many other guard options.

Reaction Score
Kyla is one tough cookie--she is built like and mobile tank--and the beautiful part is, she likes mixing it up with the big.\
If she put a hit on a player , not just ND, any team she'd make them know they were hit.
I know ND takes what the refs allow, but there should be a limit to the number of "jump-ins" they can do in a game. The moving picks drove me batty watching the game. We can blame ND, but if its allowed by the refs--take it.

Don't let Kyla hear you think she's built like a mobile tank

Reaction Score
Megan will take Lou's spot, Lou takes Kia's spot. Don't see Christyn leap frogging so many other guard options.

Will certainly be a lot of competition for playing time next year. Christyn Williams is as polished an offensive player as I have ever seen coming out of high school. She reminds me of a bigger Odyssey Sims.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I don’t know, but I underestimated her. She is the best player on the team from what I’ve seen. I thought Napheesa and Gabby were better, but after seeing how she’s improved every facet of her game this season, I finally see why she was the number one recruit in her class. I finally see that she is just more than just a shooter. She is attacking the basket more than ever, fighting for positioning in the post, and jumping the passing lane and getting steals and playing really good defense. They would’ve lost the Notre Dame game if she didn’t play. I may be going on a limb, but she is the best player in the country imo. Nobody can be effective in as many spots on the floor as she can. Top 3 players: 1)Lou 2) A’Ja 3) Gabby

Now you have done it. No turning back. :eek:

images

Reaction Score

Looking at the guard rotation this year, it looks like Bent and Coombs and AEH get most of the bench minutes but Geno doesn't trust them in close games, I think Williams has a chance to start like Doty did as a freshman.

Reaction Score
Don't let Kyla hear you think she's built like a mobile tank
No one said BUILT like- (at least I hope I didn't)--a tank takes on the enemy's hot spots and eliminates them. The tank can do that.

JS

Reaction Score
yeah I noticed that she looks for contact when she has a breakaway or is driving to the basket... expecting a foul from some contact that she helps create
That's smart, right?

Reaction Score
That's smart, right?

I would say that was very smart. I would add that any fan would want our players to be all in.

I agree with Geno that we have some tough kids on this team who can look in the mirror every day and feel proud that they go all out for this team and make the right decisions on how to deal with tough situations.

Last edited by a moderator:

JS

Reaction Score
yeah I noticed that she looks for contact when she has a breakaway or is driving to the basket... expecting a foul from some contact that she helps create

That's smart, right?

yeah but it stops her from creating a 3-pt play

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, DC. I thought you were referring to intentionally inviting contact so she can create the 3-point play. For example by slowing down a little or maneuvering closer to the defender.

And I think she like other good players does that sometimes. Only problem with it is like the problem with attempting a dunk. You better be damn sure that in fancying it up you don't end up blowing what would've been an easy basket.

But now it seems maybe you're referring to "hearing footsteps," i.e. being too conscious of where the defender is so as to lose concentration.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom