Is it just me or is it absolute BS that Memphis gets to play this tournament at home? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Is it just me or is it absolute BS that Memphis gets to play this tournament at home?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It's really not worth arguing about because that's exactly what you said. Fan support has exactly zero to do with the FACT that MSG is St. Johns' home court. Period. The end. Class dismissed.

Class is back in session. It was a fire drill

Reaction Score
It's really not worth arguing about because that's exactly what you said. Fan support has exactly zero to do with the FACT that MSG is St. Johns' home court. Period. The end. Class dismissed.

Def. put it in Mississippi - no home court advantage, and it's kinda-sorta in the middle of the conference. Crowds will be HUUUGGGGEEEE I'm sure

American_Athletic_Conference_Map.png

Reaction Score
Def. put it in Mississippi - no home court advantage, and it's kinda-sorta in the middle of the conference. Crowds will be HUUUGGGGEEEE I'm sure

American_Athletic_Conference_Map.png

Kidding aside, looking at this map I realize that Tennessee IS in the relative geographic center of the Dumpster Fire

Reaction Score

Show me where I said that it wasn't St. Johns' home court, please. Seriously. I'll wait.

Using caps lock, bold, and underline to argue something I'm not even disputing, after saying it wasn't worth arguing, just rubs me the wrong way.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Show me where I said that it wasn't St. Johns' home court, please. Seriously. I'll wait.

Using caps lock, bold, and underline to argue something I'm not even disputing, after saying it wasn't worth arguing, just rubs me the wrong way.
You said it didn't matter that MSG is their home court. If it didn't matter for St. Johns, it shouldn't matter for Memphis. You know the whole Goose/Gander thing? Same things applies.

Reaction Score
You said it didn't matter that MSG is their home court. If it didn't matter for St. Johns, it shouldn't matter for Memphis. You know the whole Goose/Gander thing? Same things applies.

St. John's averaged 8,116.75 fans in their MSG games during '12/'13. Most was senior night against Marquette, 12,474. Capacity of MSG is 19,812 for an average ratio of 41% full for St. John's games.

Memphis had 16,336 fans in their FedEx Forum games during '12/'13, from a capacity of 18,119. That's an average fill ratio of 90%.

But I'm sure you're right. It doesn't matter if Memphis' fans (historically) fill their respective stadium more than double the average of St. Johns'. The home court advantage in the conference tournament will be the same no matter any of this. John was right, no biggie, won't have any increased effect. /s

Reaction Score

This is like someone parodying an exaggerated version of the world's most annoying person. Let it go.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Since Memphis isn't that good this year it isn't a huge deal but it is kind of unfair how the league tailored the TV games to the host school. The Big East never did that, I recall a good St. John's team (I believe Lavin's first year) playing in the afternoon session in that infamous Rutgers game where Jim Burr blew the game for the Scarlet Knights.

Reaction Score
And if UConn were in the ACC this year, the Huskies would be playing in Duke's backyard, in Greensboro.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
Since Memphis isn't that good this year it isn't a huge deal but it is kind of unfair how the league tailored the TV games to the host school. The Big East never did that, I recall a good St. John's team (I believe Lavin's first year) playing in the afternoon session in that infamous Rutgers game where Jim Burr blew the game for the Scarlet Knights.

Yep, we're terrible...don't worry about us, UConn...start thinking about that match-up with Cincy. :)

Husky25

Reaction Score
St. John's averaged 8,116.75 fans in their MSG games during '12/'13. Most was senior night against Marquette, 12,474. Capacity of MSG is 19,812 for an average ratio of 41% full for St. John's games.

Memphis had 16,336 fans in their FedEx Forum games during '12/'13, from a capacity of 18,119. That's an average fill ratio of 90%.

But I'm sure you're right. It doesn't matter if Memphis' fans (historically) fill their respective stadium more than double the average of St. Johns'. The home court advantage in the conference tournament will be the same no matter any of this. John was right, no biggie, won't have any increased effect. /s

Do you have those figures available from 1983 - 2000 for St. Johns? I've already told you why St. Johns went down the pooper, but that also doesn't take away from the fact that each Big East Tournament game that they play was/is a defacto home game for St. Johns. Keep on justifying it if that allows you to sleep beter at night. I have no problem taking McCracken's advice on this topic because I have right on my side.

I suggest you take his advice as well...

Reaction Score
Yep, we're terrible...don't worry about us, UConn...start thinking about that match-up with Cincy. :)

Kobe is a Cinci fan, so I guess they think Uconn sucks too since we have the same record

Reaction Score
Really???

Husky25

Reaction Score
This is like someone parodying an exaggerated version of the world's most annoying person. Let it go.

Certainly. But you are free not to read as much as I am free to write.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom