Is Hurley Really The Answer? | Page 21 | The Boneyard

Is Hurley Really The Answer?

Reaction Score
You are the one suggesting that anyone that's not a frequent poster on here and now on here debating the coaching hire, is a troll. We are all big fans of the program. Why is it only your opinion matters?

AMEN !!

Reaction Score
Why is that relevant in any way other than to deflect and obfuscate the points him and I have addressed to you about your thoughts on Oats - what's the evidence of his worthiness?

Because he was essentially equating the number of posts someone has on the boneyard with how knowledgeable someone is about the program. The boneyard's great but there are plenty of loyal and knowledgeable fans who rarely post or don't even hang out here. It is just silly to think otherwise. We're all fans of UConn MBB. We all want the program back to its previous lofty status. We can have different opinions without putting down those that don't agree with us. At the end of the day, it is just a sport and this is just an opinion board. Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
Because he was essentially equating the number of posts someone has on the boneyard with how knowledgeable someone is about the program. The boneyard's great but there are plenty of loyal and knowledgeable fans who rarely post or don't even hang out here. It is just silly to think otherwise. We're all fans of UConn MBB. We all want the program back to its previous lofty status. We can have different opinions without putting down those that don't agree with us. At the end of the day, it is just a sport and this is just an opinion board. Go Huskies!
Do you know what the word "Troll" means?

Spoiler alert: it doesn't have anything to do with one's knowledge. It has to do with one's sincerity.

In other words, I don't believe a bunch of the people posting here, right now, are actual UConn fans--i.e. I don't believe that bolded part.

Reaction Score
you don't even understand what he wrote. the concept is completely escaping you.

Reaction Score

Spoiler alert: it doesn't have anything to do with one's knowledge. It has to do with one's sincerity.

In other words, I don't believe a bunch of the people posting here, right now, are actual UConn fans--i.e. I don't believe that bolded part.
30a.jpeg

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Fleud,

We're all on the board here to share our opinions, and you are right that none of what we share will ultimately matter to those with money.

At the same time this particular board has a special meaning for many of us here--we've been a community for a long time. A bunch of know-nothings clogging up the board asking if we ought to interview the coach of the Jazz or any other inane thought mucks the place up a bit. Perhaps I muddy the waters by wading in and telling them so, but so be it, I guess. :)
And the last statement is the key. We believe the best way to invalidate an act we disagree about is to engage and attack. In an actual conflict, after detailed information gathering, it might be prudent. In a virtual environment where the actors remain anonymous it’s a futile endeavor.

You possess an astute mind. Why waste it in an engagement you can’t win and which produces no outcome to events other than some deceptive feeling that we’re winning?

The emotionally healthiest among us see not only other peoples flaws but our own. We insist on working on these flaws as opposed to making others change because we falsely believe that is easier.

Specifically instead of feeling lousy when you perceive someone is being idiotic figure out a way to become unaffected by the trigger. The hard part is to be willing to feel your emotions when this happens and to let them release (in a manner that’s least likely to hurt others) as opposed to burying them. People who do that are measured but it will ultimately impact their health.

Reaction Score

I'm sure there are trolls from fan bases looking to cause trouble but most of what I see are UConn fans who may have different opinions about how to go about the search or who to consider. Just because they don't agree with the majority or post frequently doesn't make them trolls. Some of you seem to think only those who agree with you should be offering a view. I don't think you really want that.

Reaction Score
And the last statement is the key. We believe the best way to invalidate an act we disagree about is to engage and attack. In an actual conflict, after detailed information gathering, it might be prudent. In a virtual environment where the actors remain anonymous it’s a futile endeavor.

You possess an astute mind. Why waste it in an engagement you can’t win and which produces no outcome to events other than some deceptive feeling that we’re winning?

The emotionally healthiest among us see not only other peoples flaws but our own. We insist on working on these flaws as opposed to making others change because we falsely believe that is easier.

Specifically instead of feeling lousy when you perceive someone is being idiotic figure out a way to become unaffected by the trigger. The hard part is to be willing to feel your emotions when this happens and to let them release (in a manner that’s least likely to hurt others) as opposed to burying them. People who do that are measured but it will ultimately impact their health.
bruh some of these people are so stupid I'm not sure they can tie their own shoes. many have tried to lay it out nicely for them but then they get mad for simply disagreeing. they have played the victim card when in all actuality they are the ones causing issues.

Reaction Score
I'm sure there are trolls from fan bases looking to cause trouble but most of what I see are UConn fans who may have different opinions about how to go about the search or who to consider. Just because they don't agree with the majority or post frequently doesn't make them trolls. Some of you seem to think only those who agree with you should be offering a view. I don't think you really want that.
That's fair, and I certainly don't think you're trolling at all. But some of us who disagree with the viewpoint of not wanting to move on Hurley are repeatedly asking - who else? The others who've called for this vague national search - for who? Who do you have in mind? In the case of Oats - why? What's the data and evidence he's worthy of coming in and being considered over Hurley? Asking these questions isn't suppressing another viewpoint, it's asking those with the other viewpoint to back it up.

Reaction Score
If its me I give Jay Wright a blank check, cars, whatever he's into to come here and save this program....

Reaction Score
Jebus, we need to kill this thread. I came in here to see if anything is actually going on and get the boneyard at its worst. A bunch of people taking pot shots at each other and some dude giving psychology lesson mixed with the meaning of life.

Lock it up!

Reaction Score
I know, I wish we can get him. He is really the best coach in America, with a great style of play, and he's not on the back nine...
Sure. That's an idea. When it fails, where do you go next?

Reaction Score
Sure. That's an idea. When it fails, where do you go next?

We've mentioned the obvious solid candidates. We need a young guy that can recruit. Lets see what happens, but I think UCONN is a great opportunity. Its not smart to replace JC but replacing the guy that replaced JC is a lot better.

Reaction Score
People forget (or don't know) that Calhoun didn't always have good big men. We were a donut team until Jake arrived.
Ironically, UConn's initial lack of big men (6'8" and up) may have eased JC's transition fromhard working, very good positioning, and rebounding Northeastern teams.

Reaction Score
Have they been right about anything?

I don't know. Good question. The account is run by a bunch of people like No Escalators and they are having a funny back and forth on a Shaka Smart to Louisville rumor at the moment.

Reaction Score
Hurley, who recently led Rhode Island to its second straight NCAA tournament appearance, is the lead candidate for both the UConn and Pitt jobs. According to a source close to the situation, Hurley would prefer UConn. However, there is concern that UConn may not have much money to throw around— particularly if it has to pay all or much of the roughly $11 million left on Kevin Ollie’s contract.

Dan Hurley to UConn could be all about the money

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom