Is Houston must win? Is it a nothing to lose game? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Is Houston must win? Is it a nothing to lose game?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I still feel talent-wise that this is an NIT team, but seeing that Villanova game gave me some hope. We went into a top-15 team's building and went toe-to-toe with them for 40 minutes. If we play like that moving forward then we can beat anybody on our schedule. I'll be really encouraged if we can go and play Houston tough, even if we don't win. This is probably the toughest game left on our schedule.

Reaction Score
There's momentum here. Keep building on this momentum and play a good game against a very good team. Even if they lose this game, they can still build on this momentum.

Look, we just played two top-40 teams down to the wire and in those two games if you can't see the progress between this year's team from last's then find another team to root for.

Last edited:

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Amazing how many were talking about taking a "victory lap" on the final AAC season and here we are looking at a 1-5 league start Sunday evening. Yep - can't wait to get out of this lousy league.
Joining the NBE is a great thing but this league is better than many give credit.
In recent days some here were calling Tulsa a fluke and will be at the bottom of the league within days - anybody else see what they did to Memphis last night and Houston earlier? I'm not saying that Tulsa will win the league and be sweet sixteen bound but how many expect those same results vs Memphis and Houston from UConn this season?
Villanova, Indiana, USF and Xavier were must win games due to physical match-ups. Houston IMO is not a must win but is a learning game - playing against a physically big, aggressive and talented team with players who all would look nice wearing a UConn uniform
"Look, we just played two top-40 teams down to the wire and in those two games if you can't see the progress between this year's team from last's then find another team to root for."
Yes there is progress in some areas yet regression in others, however, the results as far as W's has not, that is frustrating. All these close games were winnable with a few tweaks on the offensive side of the ball and in substitution patterns. Players are going to make good and bad plays - even the best do so.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104
Top Bottom