Is Hartley playing scared or is her ankle still bothering her? | The Boneyard

Is Hartley playing scared or is her ankle still bothering her?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
She is a shadow of the player she was last year. Her assists to turnovers are slightly better than they were last year, which tells me her decision making is better than it was last year, but her steals, shooting percentage and impact on the game are all not where they were even her freshman year. It's as if she's holding herself back this year.

She was an all american player last year, a point guard of equal stature to Diggins and Sims but this year she is not nearly on their level.

Reaction Score
Do you think that, after the 3 on 3 during the off season, that she's just mentally burned out on basketball? Same with Stewie?

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Her ankle clearly bothered her early in the year...maybe it still does. But she had three strong games in a row till Rutgers where she was sick.
She took big shots last night and made some....didn't see any fear at all....at all.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I won't repeat what I have said in other threads last night and this morning, other than to say Bria is not 100% physically and may not be until next season. Hopefully the layoff before the NCAA will help her.

She can be 'almost Bria' and still look like the 'old Bria' against other teams, but not against a team with quickness/athleticism/experience like Baylor. Last night showed the difference.

Reaction Score
Her ankle clearly bothered her early in the year...maybe it still does. But she had three strong games in a row till Rutgers where she was sick.
She took big shots last night and made some....didn't see any fear at all....at all.
Still, she's clearly not where she was last year.

Reaction Score
I am not sure what is wrong with her other than she might be tired and her body to repair itself. I have been saying this for years that these young women play too much hoops and it will show in poor play, injuries and mental fatigue. Maybe, Geno needs to have a tough love meeting with Stewie and Bria ASAP......WE need them at the top of their games.....
We have time to get this ship back in the water and everybody rowing in the same direction......

Reaction Score
I won't repeat what I have said in other threads last night and this morning, other than to say Bria is not 100% physically and may not be until next season. Hopefully the layoff before the NCAA will help her.

She can be 'almost Bria' and still look like the 'old Bria' against other teams, but not against a team with quickness/athleticism/experience like Baylor. Last night showed the difference.

I agree, I'm really hoping the weeks off help her.

Also, I think many missed too, that Bria played her best three games when the team was unable to practice..ie..she had a lot of rest. This time we player Rutgers, traveled, probably practiced in between games..and Bria looks worse physically.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Bria went home Weds and was sick. She filled up on 1000 mg of Vitamin C, and went to bed. Shes been sick since. Last nite I was told she was feeling better . Bria has had a ruff season with her injury and now begin sick. Overall UConn has had its share of sickness and injuries and theyre still putting up great numbers.

Reaction Score
i thought bria had a pretty good 1st half last night, with 8 points and 4 assists, and missed a couple of other layups. perhaps she tired in the 2nd half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom