Is Griner best ever center? Geno responds.... | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Is Griner best ever center? Geno responds....

Status
Not open for further replies.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
There's a downside to being the best ever --- ask Roy Hobbs.:p

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
There's a downside to being the best ever --- ask Roy Hobbs.:p
Only if you try and cheat on Glenn Close. :cool:

There's always a Price to Pay

Reaction Score
Well hi yaaa'lllllll! from the great state of Texas. Been a while. Bad health had me layin low for a few seasons.

Griner had practically NO offensive skills until her Junior year--the year after she went to summer USA camp with Geno. Defensivey, yes--the greatest ever. But she didn't start moving away from the basket and using her size underneath it effectively until her third year. And we knowwhat happened from there--41-0 NC nnd the debacle in Oklahoma City vs. Louisville that never will be settled as to what REALLY happened on the court when we left a matchup with you guys and aNC on the table perhap.

As for Courtey Paris? Pullllleeeeeze! She had one basketball skill--charging with her back side. Beyond that, her "skills" were a myth or a girth--whichever one you want.

If Alexis Prince can play this year we wll surprise some people. Without her, we don't have enough night in, night out points to be much more that sweetness or possibly elite.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Well hi yaaa'lllllll! from the great state of Texas. Been a while. Bad health had me layin low for a few seasons.

Griner had practically NO offensive skills until her Junior year--the year after she went to summer USA camp with Geno. Defensivey, yes--the greatest ever. But she didn't start moving away from the basket and using her size underneath it effectively until her third year. And we knowwhat happened from there--41-0 NC nnd the debacle in Oklahoma City vs. Louisville that never will be settled as to what REALLY happened on the court when we left a matchup with you guys and aNC on the table perhap.

As for Courtey Paris? Pullllleeeeeze! She had one basketball skill--charging with her back side. Beyond that, her "skills" were a myth or a girth--whichever one you want.

If Alexis Prince can play this year we wll surprise some people. Without her, we don't have enough night in, night out points to be much more that sweetness or possibly elite.
welcome back, hope your health continues to improve!

Reaction Score
I still think Lauren Jackson is in the mix. As college fans we forget just how amazing she is when healthy. She also was not American but 2 wnba championships 2 mvp's 5 time starter at the all star game Australian league mvp 4 times and countless other awards. Few players dominate like her. Griner may get there but how can anyone argue that her short playing carrier puts her anywhere near the top yet. 1 college championship, one world championship (with the US All Stars) and a wnba championship (where they won without her in the final game) and she is the BEST EVER????? I don't give points for potential or Stewie would be my best ever player.

Reaction Score
I still think Lauren Jackson is in the mix. As college fans we forget just how amazing she is when healthy. She also was not American but 2 wnba championships 3 mvp's 5 time starter at the all star game Australian league mvp 4 times and countless other awards. Few players dominate like her. Griner may get there but how can anyone argue that her short playing carrier puts her anywhere near the top yet. 1 college championship, one world championship (with the US All Stars) and a wnba championship (where they won without her in the final game) and she is the BEST EVER????? I don't give points for potential or Stewie would be my best ever player.

Totally agree. Not to mention getting a call up to play on the AUS national team at 16 and playing in the Olympics at 19. 7-time All-WNBA first team; recognized as one of the wnba top 15 players of all time in 2011, how can LJ not be considered!!?
*btw I've been reading the board for years, and I finally decided to join this year. :)

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Totally agree. Not to mention getting a call up to play on the AUS national team at 16 and playing in the Olympics at 19. 7-time All-WNBA first team; recognized as one of the wnba top 15 players of all time in 2011, how can LJ not be considered!!?
*btw I've been reading the board for years, and I finally decided to join this year. :)
welcome... post more often.

question... how tough is it to read (for years) and not post/reply?

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score

Glad to see you are back! Hope you will return to posting and that you are feeling better.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Lisa Leslie. Yep!
As of today, I'd vote for Lisa Leslie.

Awards and honors

Reaction Score
Geno was asked if Griner could be considered ONE of the best centers ever. He did not address the original question( not unusual for him) , but rather talked about whether she is THE best center ever. Unlike Geno , many here have paid more attention to the original question, and it has been a thorough and enlightening discussion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA