Is Boston for SC stoppable? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Is Boston for SC stoppable?

Reaction Score
It's one thing to double team a player and not wall off close enough and they slip through. It's another thing to trap a person, they're stuck...so they just burst through and get free throws. What's the difference between that and charging into someone? My answer...you charge into two people instead of one. lol. Like Boston, fine player, but THAT is a foul until someone explains why it isn't.

Reaction Score
I'm sorry but after watching Texas last night and their player Ebo literally just shove and push players I never want to hear that Boston gets away with calls. That was such a horrible play of basketball that I was having UCF nightmares again.

Reaction Score
No, all I point out is that Boston doesn't get called for a lot of things other bigs -- including Brink and ONO -- get called for. I agree, Brink is very physical, and sometimes in very stupid ways. (Stupider, indeed, than Boston.).

But the fact that 30 people have liked that post of mine (so far) suggests I'm not alone in thinking Boston gets favorable ref treatment. And it's pretty freaking hard to get 20/20 games while fouling only once as a 6'4" big. Miraculous, in fact...

And sure, you're probably getting homered on this one, but I'd never go on a SCAR sports board and tell you folks that Dawn's Mythical National Championship was a self-own, so prepare for less favorable treatment of Boston around here than you'll get from the refs! ;)

(And to be clear, this isn't personal at all - I really like Boston as a person and a player. But I just call 'em like I see 'em.)
Nan just leashed us so I’ll just say.

No comment

Reaction Score
We may win by 10, or lose by 10. It depends on how many of our 9 rotation players show up, and how well they will play.
Wow! Do you really need a turban to make that prognostication?
I bet you also do a dandy weather forecast!

Reaction Score
Boston is terrific…no question. And I generally don’t whine about officiating very much. But : does it seem to anyone else that Boston stays in the lane longer than 3 seconds quite often in
Talk about camping out in the lane, a number of years ago, Chris Daily complained to the refs that the opposing team’s post player had time to pitch a tent and start a campfire in the lane. I do not recall who the player was. But Boston also has time to put on a pot of coffee and serve it. And since you were so honest, I just want to say that unlike you I do complain about the refs. And despite being well treated by the refs Boston is an outstanding player.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
And despite being well treated by the refs Boston is an outstanding player.
In one sentence, this is exactly how I feel. And those two factors are why, bringing this thread full circle, she is nearly unstoppable.

Reaction Score
In one sentence, this is exactly how I feel. And those two factors are why, bringing this thread full circle, she is nearly unstoppable.
Agree completely!

And I see no change in these two factors over the remainder of this tournament. Therefore SC will be very, very difficult to beat.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom