Is Big East Expansion complacency costs its teams NCAA bids? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Is Big East Expansion complacency costs its teams NCAA bids?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
CU, Dayton, Florida Atlantic and Loyola of Chicago
BE has one school per state and theyre all in big cities except for UConn. the only expansion candidate i'd consider is VCU. virginia borders our existing footpring and richmond is relatively big. yet they didnt make the tourney anyways.

furthermore, VCU is not bringing in their fair share of revenue. gonzaga is the only team that would do that in the next tv deal, so the existing teams would end up losing money if we had to split it up 12 ways instead of 11.

Reaction Score
The irony for St John's is that Rick Pitino's son will be "kinda" responsible for keeping his dad's team out. New Mexico in, SJ's out.

Reaction Score
I think having DePaul and Georgetown hurts as does teams like Butler and Xavier who looked good early collapsing in the second half of the season. The league is top heavy right now.

Reaction Score
BE has one school per state and theyre all in big cities except for UConn. the only expansion candidate i'd consider is VCU and they didnt make the tourney anyways.
Saint Louis could make sense to better balance East-West. But my strong preference would be to keep it as it is rather than add anyone.

Creighton
Saint Louis
Marquette
DePaul
Xavier
Butler

PC
UConn
Seton Hall
St. John's
Villanova
Georgetown

Reaction Score
Saint Louis could make sense to better balance East-West. But my strong preference would be to keep it as it is rather than add anyone.

Creighton
Saint Louis
Marquette
DePaul
Xavier
Butler

PC
UConn
Seton Hall
St. John's
Villanova
Georgetown
St Louis is not even remotely close to being a strong enough program to ruin the round robin for. They have 10 all time NCAA appearances. One of the silliest ideas we've had on here.

xclamations

Back2Back2
Reaction Score
My mistake on UAB ha; im obsessed with CR
& i saw what they did last season before leaving cusa. They're a good program rn not great.

Dayton, vcu, Loyola are decent adds?
Drake? Des moines market? idk.

Gonzaga would have too much control then leave for the big 12. I wish cuse ND & Duke joined seriously

Reaction Score
No matter how you analyze it, each BE school has 10 or 11 games OOC to build their resume. You can go 4 cupcakes, 3 moderate and 4 tough opponents, you can alternate levels, play all cupcakes early and so on. The only constant is you have to get some wins against some good folks, your fate is in your hands. If you don’t then you have to prove it in Conference. If you don’t you are at the mercy of the Conf tourney. If you don’t, it’s bubble time.

Just win baby.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
The Big East needs to schedule Inter Conference Out of Conference Games with the B12 and Big Ten. Why not include the SEC as well.

Reaction Score
St Louis is not even remotely close to being a strong enough program to ruin the round robin for. They have 10 all time NCAA appearances. One of the silliest ideas we've had on here.
1. I said I'd pick no one.
2. If we're picking someone based on profile, it's catholic school in a major city.
3. They offer a different market than some of the other suggestions (St. Joe's, Dayton)
4. All the suggestions suck, which is why we shouldn't expand. Saint Louis at least offers something new within our footprint.

Reaction Score
My big takeaway from the selection is the BE conference is in trouble. Its clear Danny is talking up the conference as much as he can the past 2 years. But, no one is listening. The perception of the BE of not having depth, is just a mid-Major, etc. will hurt with recruiting in this new NIL age. UConn literally trying to save the Conference in this "mini-Dynasty" its currently in.

Reaction Score
Big East just needs to give DePaul a mandate. You have 3 years to improve you NET/kenpom, rank to be worthy of conference or your out… and then try to get Syracuse to come back and hope Syracuse can get back to what they were.
Relegate DePaul!

Reaction Score
The B1G benefits from the fact that NCAA headquarters is in their footprint, the historical ancestry of basketball is in their footprint, so there's a lot of unearned benefit of the doubt when it comes to their programs.

They're also 0 for the last 23 championships. They claim to be a top 2 conference, but there are 5 programs that have won multiple championships in that span.
The historical ancestry of basketball is in their footprint?

Reaction Score
Does anyone actually have the info on Big East bids every year of the tourny?

The overreactions here are pretty friggin' crazy.

Reaction Score
My big takeaway from the selection is the BE conference is in trouble. Its clear Danny is talking up the conference as much as he can the past 2 years. But, no one is listening. The perception of the BE of not having depth, is just a mid-Major, etc. will hurt with recruiting in this new NIL age. UConn literally trying to save the Conference in this "mini-Dynasty" its currently in.
The schools brought into the New Big East for 2013 were all former mid-major headliners, so naturally the conference now has a mid-major stank to it.

Reaction Score
Big East just needs to give DePaul a mandate. You have 3 years to improve you NET/kenpom, rank to be worthy of conference or your out… and then try to get Syracuse to come back and hope Syracuse can get back to what they were.
I would also like to see Pitt come back…for the main purpose to renew some of the old rivalries

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
This thread is useless. The Big East got screwed because they wanted to screw the Big East.

Reactions: MJ1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr