Is Aubrey a 3-pt threat? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Is Aubrey a 3-pt threat?

Reaction Score
I think it all comes down to confidence for Aubrey. In HS she was the best player on the court, taking 20+ shots per game. At UConn, Aubrey worked hard to find her roll, which turned out to be primarily defense and rebounding, while generally deferring to her teammates on offense.

She certainly knocked down shots on First Night. Whether or not she can do it in games remains to be seen. But I don’t think Geno would be pushing Aubrey to take those shots if he didn’t believe she was capable of making them.

I remember the UConn announcers specifically saying during a game in her freshman season that she had been given the green light to shoot 3's. That means she was making them in practice. That season she was asked to rebound and really didn't have a lot of 3 pt opportunities and she passed on a lot of those.
If Griffin could just hit a few wide open 3's her minutes would go up.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Maybe Paige will coach her up!
I am sure she would. Nika famously related how Paige kept telling Aaliyah to shoot the 3 even if Geno was not so keen on the idea.

Reaction Score
Nika and Aubrey will score in transition. And their defense will generate a lot it. Fudd Ducharme & LLS will take most of the 3's. There just aren't enough to spread around.

Reaction Score
Every player is a 3 point threat.
Some are a threat to the opponent because they make them,:)
others a threat to our team because they take them. :confused:

Reaction Score
Let's say Aubrey demonstrates a good outside shot- just for fun, if squad were divided into two teams that played each other, team A being the probable starters, team B the others.

Nika vs Inez
Azzi vs Lou
Caroline vs Aubrey
Aaliyah vs Ice (or Ayanna)
Dorka vs Amari

That would be fun to watch!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads