Is anyone watching Foundation on Apple +? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Is anyone watching Foundation on Apple +?

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
So I familiarized myself with the series a bit more.

I’m really worried that they are going to screw up some of the most interesting characters. Like what will they do to the Mule and the Strong General?

The Mule seems like a pretty original character.

I think I might want to try the books again, but I don’t know where to start
Yeah that it a good question. Do you start with the original novel, Foundation or the two prequels which start with Prelude to Foundation. I think it is best to start with the original, Foundation.

The Mule is a unique character, but that makes him a challenge to portray. Plus how do you portray his "music."

CL82

Reaction Score
this guy is the Hari S. of reviewers.

Lol, It is a bad sign when your review isn't actually about the show. Instead he talks about his vague recollection of the book (apparently he didn't read the other six), some talk about COVID, politics and his cats. His sole relevant point was that"Foundation is a short book and not enough material for a series." First the original Foundation isn't all that short and second there are "a few" more books in the entire series:
1632954325970.png

(By the way that is the series in chronological order.) My reaction to that "review"?

Animated GIF

Reaction Score
Lol, It is a bad sign when your review isn't actually about the show. Instead he talks about his vague recollection of the book (apparently he didn't read the other six), some talk about COVID, politics and his cats. His first relevant point "Foundation is a short book and not enough material for a series.' First the original Foundation isn't all that short and second there are "a few" more books in the entire series:
View attachment 70008
(By the way that is the series in chronological order.) My reaction to that "review"?

Animated GIF
I started relistening to Foundation and he’s not wrong. The characters are characterless. It has the same problem that the later Dune books have. It’s more philosophical than story.

CL82

Reaction Score
I started relistening to Foundation and he’s not wrong. The characters are characterless. It has the same problem that the later Dune books have. It’s more philosophical than story.

maybe, but you can’t say you’re reviewing the show when you haven’t seen it.
(Fwiw, I read like the first 10 to 15 pages online, and it wouldn’t translate well to TV.)

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
So I finished episode 3. I thought it was good, and the show is moving in the right direction now. We are starting to get a little action. Note: I haven't read the books (that I recall...I read Asimov back in Jr. High and HS).

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Through 2 episodes. Not bad, but not really grabbing me either.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Episode 4 pretty good. The pace is picking up. Seeing the cracks in the Empire. The guy who plays Empire/Day is really good. Some interesting metaphysical stuff with the clones is coming.

Reaction Score
The show is a total flop. Apple had no choice but to renew because they don’t have much content. They need to bring in someone to save it.

Reaction Score
Episode 4 pretty good. The pace is picking up. Seeing the cracks in the Empire. The guy who plays Empire/Day is really good. Some interesting metaphysical stuff with the clones is coming.

Yeah up until that point, Lee Pace had been wasted.

CL82

Reaction Score
The show is watchable but it has diverged so much from the source material in the first four episodes it is ridiculous. Anyone who knows Asimov knows the four laws of robotics. The first of which is a robot may not harm a human or through in action allow a human to come to harm.
But in this episode a robot actually murders someone. In Asimov’s story there was just enough play in the laws to keep things interesting, but out right border would destroy the robots positronic brain.That’s a pretty fundamental premise from his writing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom