Is anyone else worried about | The Boneyard

Is anyone else worried about

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
TAMU tomorrow night or is it just me? I am nervous that they are gonna be on a mission coming off of a loss that really shouldn't have been a loss.

GO UCONN!!!!

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Psychology is tough to predict, especially on a team level.

During the purdue game was when they really miss a dependable inside scorer like Adams. The day after is when they really miss someone like Colson.

It's tough to lose on the road and then have to travel into a lion's den against a very good team like UConn. It's physically and emotionally draining. They know no one will fault them for losing to UConn and that they'll have an opportunity to get well after leaving Hartford. All of those things COULD work against them, especially if things start really not going their way.

Or they could swing to an opposite extreme and hit a ton of tough shots and nail all their FTs. You never know.

What UConn knows is they're facing a talented team, and that they have no control over A&M's mindset. What the girls should try to do is simply play like they're capable of, and if their ranking is legit (and by the way, it's quite plausible that it is), that should be good enough to beat anyone.

But I do expect a fight.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I'm not that worried. Even if we come out shooting bricks like we did against Stanford, the defensive intensity will overwhelm the Aggies. They didn't face anything like it last year, and they lost their point guard for this season. They are quick, yes, and will adjust, but I think it will be much like Duke-Uconn last year...lots of hype+players with a mission+rowdy crowd+national TV=UConn rout in the first five minutes.

Reaction Score
I'm not that worried. Even if we come out shooting bricks like we did against Stanford, the defensive intensity will overwhelm the Aggies. They didn't face anything like it last year, and they lost their point guard for this season. They are quick, yes, and will adjust, but I think it will be much like Duke-Uconn last year...lots of hype+players with a mission+rowdy crowd+national TV=UConn rout in the first five minutes.

That's a good way of looking at it. I was a pretty nervous before the Duke game last year and we all remember how that turned out :p

Reaction Score
TAMU tomorrow night or is it just me? I am nervous that they are gonna be on a mission coming off of a loss that really shouldn't have been a loss.

GO UCONN!!!!

I would be somewhat nervous if this game was being played in Texas, but I think UCONN would still win because they have much better guards and shooters. Since the game is being played in Connecticut, UCONN will win by at least 15 points.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
There is always a little worry when playing a team like A & M. They are talented.

However, our guard play is going to cause them big problems. I'm not sure they have seen the type of team speed Uconn posses or the type of full court pressure Uconn can apply this year. Plus Stef is going to be a handful for Bone.

And if they had problems with Purdue's fans, watch out! They are walking into the house of noise for tomorrow night. I expect it to be as loud as the Stanford game was. And that was loud.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

GO UCONN!!!!

I think a few people chalked this one up as a loss at the beginning of the season. So nothing to be nervous about.

I think we got a good shot at this one personally.

Reaction Score
Texas A & M got caught in the proverbial "trap game" looking ahead to tomorrow night's game figuring they could just waltz into West Lafayette and foxtrot out with a victory. The toughest situations a very good team faces is finding themselves locked in a battle with a team they are supposed to beat handily, with few things going right.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
i tend to "worry" more than some UCONN fans on here. it's impossible to predict how aTm will react after a loss the probably feel they never should have experienced at Purdue. but the turn around is pretty short. remember, Tennessee took a kick in the chops against a horrible UVA team and then gave Baylor all they could handle for about 25 minutes. then Baylor went on to post a 10 point victory over them. not necessarily an easy win, but the victory would have been even larger if not for 6 or 9 deep bomb 3 pointers from tennessee in the last few minutes.

so my point is i expect aTm to be fired up, and maybe even make a game of it for a half or longer, but if UCONN doesn't get frazzled (Geno and CD have both mentioned playing quick but not fast - they said they team has a tendency to want to put the game away in the first 5-10 minutes), and play patient, i think our defense will hold them down and give our offense a chance to click.

maybe it happens faster and UCONN races out to a big half time lead. we've all read the aTm game plan (sort of) where they talk about pressing for 40 minutes, etc etc., but what they "plan" to execute, and what actually happens are often 2 different things. they certainly did not press for 40 minutes against Purdue, and i think the boilers are less athletic than we are.

i think we could win this by 15-20, but it also could be a close game. i really didn't think ND was going to beat us in the FF last year, so anything can happen and that's why you play the game...

Reaction Score

GO UCONN!!!!
I am not that worried, but would be more at ease if they had won on Sunday.
I was surprised that Purdue showed much more than they did last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom