OT: - iPhone store —stuffy? | The Boneyard

OT: iPhone store —stuffy?

TerryBoyz

Get four fruits!
Reaction Score
Call me a boomer or grumpy old man but am I the only one who thinks this store is so pretentious, uptight or just plain snobby?
Kinda get the vibe that are doing YOU a favor by letting you shop there.
To their credit they have the most rigorous Covid prevention for a retail store

Reaction Score
Call me a boomer or grumpy old man
Done.
tenor.gif

Reaction Score
I love all things Apple. If you took time to learn about what they do and why they do it, maybe you'd see things differently.

For instance, how many iPhone owners still have the box it came in? (Hint: Most do) If you do, then why do you keep it? (Because it looks and feels cool? Really, I have no idea why I kept it). Do you know when you open the box for an iPhone how it doesn't come off smoothly and takes a few seconds to release itself? That's by design. Apple designs the box to open in 4-5 seconds because it wants to create a feeling of anticipation.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I love all things Apple. If you took time to learn about what they do and why they do it, maybe you'd see things differently.

For instance, how many iPhone owners still have the box it came in? (Hint: Most do) If you do, then why do you keep it? (Because it looks and feels cool? Really, I have no idea why I kept it). Do you know when you open the box for an iPhone how it doesn't come off smoothly and takes a few seconds to release itself? That's by design. Apple designs the box to open in 4-5 seconds because it wants to create a feeling of anticipation.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Yes. Yes it is. By far. For an inferior product.

Apple has serious marketing game

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Well I suppose at least part of the irony is that their products are most appreciated by boomers (or those like me with a boomer mentality) because they are simple and intuitive to use and they interface easily with other Apple products.

The downside is that you probably pay almost twice the price that would pay for comparable, non-Apple technology.

Reaction Score
Well I suppose at least part of the irony is that their products are most appreciated by boomers (or those like me with a boomer mentality) because they are simple and intuitive to use and they interface easily with other Apple products.

The downside is that you probably pay almost twice the price that would pay for comparable, non-Apple technology.

I think that's true for boomers and for kids. Watch a 5 year old pick up a tablet and just "know" how to use it.

August_West

Reaction Score
I think that's true for boomers and for kids. Watch a 5 year old pick up a tablet and just "know" how to use it.

They make the screen way greasy after making lobster rolls.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
One of my good friends is an absolute Apple hater and it's hilarious to me to see the lengths to which he has to go to avoid Apple products. He's always telling me how much better and more powerful the Android products are.

I chuckle because have an iPhone 6 (which I am still waiting to upgrade) and my phone before that was a BlackBerry.

But I do love my iPad Pro.

TerryBoyz

Get four fruits!
Reaction Score
I have pretty thick skin and knew well enough that I would be teased by my posting
Everything posted above is true.
Not mad or critical of the Product, tech or marketing
...just seems like they take themselves a little too serious in the “iPhone” store.
Looks like I’m the only one that feels that way.

Reaction Score
I have pretty thick skin and knew well enough that I would be teased by my posting
...just seems like they take themselves a little too serious in the “iPhone” store.

You're definitely not. I think the aesthetic they go for is pretty weird. Seems less like a store and more like a showcase to me. It isn't a very welcoming environment generally.

And the lengths to which people will go to explain why apple is "so" much better is weird. They're computers and phones--it is what it is. Android and iPhone both work fine. 99% of people talking about these "features" wouldn't notice if you took them away anyways. Those same people are just using instagram and facebook anyways. Apple has always been more about looks than better tech.

I do some pretty heavy photo editing in lightroom on my Macbook Pro just because I like to use my breaks at work and it's portable, but everything works fine on my PC too. Usually only that when batch editing a lot of photos at once.

Reaction Score
I have the Iphone 7....we are leaving Verizon after 14 years and going to T-Mobile...We are both getting the Iphone 12 Pro...and I get $530 trade in on my old 7.

Ms. Billy has a Galaxy 8 android and it will go in a drawer, to finally get tossed.

Samsung has a better camera, Pixel makes a great phone...but it was the T Mobile 5g over 55 deal that brought ua in...If you are already "captured" by a carrier they will not offer you as good a deal as one brining over a line...sadly old customers are not rewarded.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
What, the employees where you work aren't called "Geniuses"?

August_West

Reaction Score
One of my good friends is an absolute Apple hater and it's hilarious to me to see the lengths to which he has to go to avoid Apple products. He's always telling me how much better and more powerful the Android products are.

I chuckle because have an iPhone 6 (which I am still waiting to upgrade) and my phone before that was a BlackBerry.

I’m fluent in both. ( obviously for my job) when it comes to supporting a domain based windows server /Linux server company apple computers are a headache . When it comes to supporting my mobile phones, Samsung is the headache. I won’t go as far to say Samsung phone users are dumb, I don’t think it is that, but they have 10 times the issues with work related access than iPhone users do. I think it has more to do with iPhones intuitiveness than user smarts.If I had my way I wouldn’t have one android phone on my network. Or one apple computer either.

the Q

Reaction Score

they are not nearly as intuitive as claimed. Always baffled me how that myth started

the Q

Reaction Score

I miss my blackberry.

Reaction Score
You're definitely not. I think the aesthetic they go for is pretty weird. Seems less like a store and more like a showcase to me. It isn't a very welcoming environment generally.
All stores are showcases now, there is no retail left. You should see what it's like in downtown Chicago, same for NYC.

ElGuapo

What does that mean, in-famous?
Reaction Score
I have the Iphone 7....we are leaving Verizon after 14 years and going to T-Mobile...We are both getting the Iphone 12 Pro...and I get $530 trade in on my old 7.

Ms. Billy has a Galaxy 8 android and it will go in a drawer, to finally get tossed.

Samsung has a better camera, Pixel makes a great phone...but it was the T Mobile 5g over 55 deal that brought ua in...If you are already "captured" by a carrier they will not offer you as good a deal as one brining over a line...sadly old customers are not rewarded.

Before you hand it in, be sure to get your $50 class action lawsuit rebate on the iPhone 6 and 7 battery issues.

You just need your serial number or Apple ID to see if your 7 qualifies and get registered.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

You only keep the box because you can package it up when you sell your phone later.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom