iPad | The Boneyard

iPad

Status
Not open for further replies.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Are there anti-virus programs/aps available for the iPad? Is there a need? I've always understood viruses were rare with Apple products because of their market share (more pc's, so they are a more likely target). That's quickly changed (although I understand the open source thong is also part of the reason).

Reaction Score
As far as I know there's no need since you can't install applications not approved by apple. if your iPad is jail broken you might want virus protection. Not sure if it exists though.

Reaction Score
App store (Google's and Amazon's as well) make it very unlikely that you could get a rogue app installed. If you jailbreak it or root it and install apps from unknown sources then you're at risk.

Reaction Score
Are there anti-virus programs/aps available for the iPad? Is there a need? I've always understood viruses were rare with Apple products because of their market share (more pc's, so they are a more likely target). That's quickly changed (although I understand the open source thong is also part of the reason).
Speaking of the iPad, did anyone see 60 minutes last night? After the 45 minute interview with Walter Isaacson, they did a peice on how ipads seem to work wonders with autistic children and adults. There are some special language and communications apps that appear to allow them to engage more easily. That would be an awesome legacy if it could help gain any advantage in the treatment of autism.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Speaking of the iPad, did anyone see 60 minutes last night? After the 45 minute interview with Walter Isaacson, they did a peice on how ipads seem to work wonders with autistic children and adults. There are some special language and communications apps that appear to allow them to engage more easily. That would be an awesome legacy if it could help gain any advantage in the treatment of autism.
I saw it and really hope it's legit. After the "facilitated comunication" scam of the 1980s/90s, I'm wary of any supposed breakthroughs, but cautiously optimistic.

On a side note per temery's original post, an "open source thong" sounds deliciously awesome.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

Why do you think we got Tom an iPad?

There's zero need for antivirus software on an iPad or an iPhone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom