Iowa's last second basket? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Iowa's last second basket?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don’t like it, but not gonna kill the kid. Maybe just casually elbow him in the face after he shoots a three and then jog back on defense

Too soon?

Or contest it hard where he gets a black eye to remember. But that will be in the tourney.

Reaction Score
Or contest it hard where he gets a black eye to remember. But that will be in the tourney.
I was kidding. It bothered me for a minute. The coach apologized. Two of his teammates put their hands up as if they were saying “what are you doing?”. His coach will deal with it.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
I like Cook, and his reaction tells me all I need to know about him. I wish him success.
If we played them more often like a league team he would be one of those "worthy opponents" that seem to play forever. He certainly put on performance about aggression and high energy. Set a good example. Wish him well like soon into the NBA and out of college.

Reaction Score
So much going on in that clip - literally every other Iowa player is horrified. Look at the bench reaction! The one thing that stands out to me most is the classless jubilation of the Syracuse fans behind the scorers table.....

Reaction Score
Not the most tasteful thing, but he was a guy who doesn't play much who got carried away. It'll be handled and eh - it didn't bug me.

Reaction Score
Not the most tasteful thing, but he was a guy who doesn't play much who got carried away. It'll be handled and eh - it didn't bug me.

It’s not the guy finishing that bothers me it’s Bohanon who threw the pass to instigate the finish should have never left his hands, he’s the piece of crap who should have known better. Give the coach and team credit for not being happy with their choice and move on.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
It’s not the guy finishing that bothers me it’s Bohanon who threw the pass to instigate the finish should have never left his hands, he’s the piece of crap who should have known better. Give the coach and team credit for not being happy with their choice and move on.

The kid was calling for the ball and Bohannon probably thought he just wanted to be able to say he touched the ball at a game in MSG. Tough to come down like that on Bohannon for simply passing the ball.

Reaction Score
The kid was calling for the ball and Bohannon probably thought he just wanted to be able to say he touched the ball at a game in MSG. Tough to come down like that on Bohannon for simply passing the ball.

Not really he knows the deal, he controls the team and is a veteran keep the ball pretty simple, dribble out the clock even if it means turning it over that's what they do or shall I say should do?

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I don’t recall who it was. Does the dude actually play?

Or is he usualaly glued to the bench?

If it’s he latter then this is really just an absurd overreaction.

Reaction Score

I assumed it was a walk on/end of bench guy so didn't really care. Still think people are way overreacting, but looks like he does play. Averaging 8 points and 3 rebounds a game this year, and played around 10 minutes a game the past 2 years

Reaction Score

I thought it was the back up 5 who played quite a bit but could be wrong.

Reaction Score
I assumed it was a walk on/end of bench guy so didn't really care. Still think people are way overreacting, but looks like he does play. Averaging 8 points and 3 rebounds a game this year, and played around 10 minutes a game the past 2 years

It means little unless you are playing. Did Tarin Smith overreact letting Bohanan know how he felt? I know some people don't get the little ethical thoughts of the game but if you played you may understand a bit more, not saying you didn't. If I'm not guarding you with the clock running out then don't make that play it's really that simple and 98% of the time they don't, there's a reason for that.

Reaction Score
It means little unless you are playing. Did Tarin Smith overreact letting Bohanan know how he felt? I know some people don't get the little ethical thoughts of the game but if you played you may understand a bit more, not saying you didn't. If I'm not guarding you with the clock running out then don't make that play it's really that simple and 98% of the time they don't, there's a reason for that.
Had no problem with Iowa doing it the same way I had no problem with Murray trying to get his 50 points against Kyrie. If you care that much then play defense until the last whistle. Tarin Smith didn't overreact because he didn't like it, which is fine. I just don't agree

Reaction Score
Had no problem with Iowa doing it the same way I had no problem with Murray trying to get his 50 points against Kyrie. If you care that much then play defense until the last whistle. Tarin Smith didn't overreact because he didn't like it, which is fine. I just don't agree

Tarin Smith found Bohanan by all reports and stuck a forearm on him.

To each their own when I played it was understood by most and still is, don't do that. Most as I said so sometimes it just happens. No biggie just love payback. Really impressed with Cook he certainly understood what they did.

Reaction Score
I see both sides. If i was a bench player and on a ESPN game...I would want to score...think about it...in 30 years the layup morphs into a 360 gorilla slam. On the other hand, the classy thing to do is hold the ball and run the clock out.

Either way, didn't impact the game.
Not sure if it impacted the line.
On to the next game.

Reaction Score
I like Cook, and his reaction tells me all I need to know about him. I wish him success.

If cook has a younger brother, sign him up. Refreshing to see a kid with his compete level

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I see both sides. If i was a bench player and on a ESPN game...I would want to score...think about it...in 30 years the layup morphs into a 360 gorilla slam. On the other hand, the classy thing to do is hold the ball and run the clock out.

Either way, didn't impact the game.
Not sure if it impacted the line.
On to the next game.

Exactly. Definitely do reason to throw a forearm at the kid.

Especially a bench player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44