Iowa State. LOL. | The Boneyard

Iowa State. LOL.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
1711688013129.gif

Reaction Score
I still don’t remember anyone being afraid.

But do you.
A whole host of people on this board cried about getting Auburn-Iowa State-Illinois, in particular Iowa State because they "should have been a 1-seed" and Auburn because "they should have been a 2."

Illinois was a 3 seed. They're the best 3 seed (which makes sense for the worst 2 seed), and by the Elite 8 you expect to play elite teams.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
We really gotta have a thread on this subject after every win?

We had the hardest bracket region, only one school gets to come out of each region, that means every other school in the region has to lose to somebody.

We just so happen to be a wagon so it shouldn’t matter, but that doesn’t mean our draw wasn’t the hardest on paper.

Reaction Score
Illinois as #10 overall B10 tournament champs as the 4 seed was also part of the issue.
They are a 3 seed.

Which was the correct seed. They were the best 3 seed IMO, but a 3 seed was right because they didn't beat anyone all that good this year. They didn't even beat Purdue to win the tournament title.

Reaction Score
A whole host of people on this board cried about getting Auburn-Iowa State-Illinois, in particular Iowa State because they "should have been a 1-seed" and Auburn because "they should have been a 2."

Illinois was a 3 seed. They're the best 3 seed (which makes sense for the worst 2 seed), and by the Elite 8 you expect to play elite teams.
It’s been beat over your head but I’ll try again.

Thats not fear.

Thats expecting the most favorable protected seeds as a reward for being the number 1 overall seed.

No one UConn fan didn’t think we couldn’t/wouldnt win anyway.

You continually miss the point.

Reaction Score
We had the hardest bracket region, only one school gets to come out of each region, that means every other school in the region has to lose to somebody.
People cried over spreadsheets and suggested the committee tried to screw us. It was laughable. That's why I'm laughing.

Auburn and Iowa State feasted mostly on bum teams and when the lights turned on they weren't very good.

Reaction Score
People cried over spreadsheets and suggested the committee tried to screw us. It was laughable. That's why I'm laughing.

Auburn and Iowa State feasted mostly on bum teams and when the lights turned on they weren't very good.
No one is very good. They were the better of the not very goods though.

Reaction Score
It’s been beat over your head but I’ll try again.

Thats not fear.

Thats expecting the most favorable protected seeds as a reward for being the number 1 overall seed.

No one UConn fan didn’t think we couldn’t/wouldnt win anyway.

You continually miss the point.
Iowa State was the worst 2 seed. Just because the metrics said otherwise doesn't matter. They gamed the metrics. People literally could not believe that mediocre Iowa State team wasn't the best 2 seed. They weren't even close.

Auburn was not the best 4 seed.

That's been my point. It's the point you've been missing.

Illinois is probably the best 3 seed, but that's what you get with an S-curve.

Reaction Score
Iowa State was the worst 2 seed. Just because the metrics said otherwise doesn't matter. They gamed the metrics. People literally could not believe that mediocre Iowa State team wasn't the best 2 seed. They weren't even close.

Auburn was not the best 4 seed.

That's been my point. It's the point you've been missing.

Illinois is probably the best 3 seed, but that's what you get with an S-curve.
Cool.

I don’t care enough or know enough about metrics to argue.

The point is you keep spamming that fans were “afraid”. And you’re just lying.

Reaction Score
In light of the big 12's struggles, would anyone be surprised if Duke beat houston?

Reaction Score
Cool.

I don’t care enough or know enough about metrics to argue.

The point is you keep spamming that fans were “afraid”. And you’re just lying.
You weren't afraid. Perhaps you didn't think that, once again, the whole world was out to get UConn. But many were. It's a common theme. Everyone hates UConn. They put these very good teams in here to get us. They weren't that good! They were what the committee thought they were.

You clearly weren't in the Selection Sunday threads here enough to see people freak out. They aren't hard to find.

We had a thread on this board of people concerned we didn't have the capacity to guard LeDee.

Reaction Score
You weren't afraid. Perhaps you didn't think that, once again, the whole world was out to get UConn. But many were. It's a common theme. Everyone hates UConn. They put these very good teams in here to get us. They weren't that good! They were what the committee thought they were.

You clearly weren't in the Selection Sunday threads here enough to see people freak out. They aren't hard to find.

We had a thread on this board of people concerned we didn't have the capacity to guard LeDee.
I was in those threads

That’s why I’m calling out your lie

Literally everyone or damn near every UConn fan still picked us to come out of the east.

Dan Hurley agrees with every fan who thought the committee intentionally gave them a hard draw

Do you think Hurley is scared too?

You’re dying on an imaginary hill

You don’t have to

Reaction Score
We really gotta have a thread on this subject after every win?

We just so happen to be a wagon so it shouldn’t matter, but that doesn’t mean our draw wasn’t the hardest on paper.
I think this whole complaining about our bracket being tough has been completely misunderstood. Now im not going ot speak for everyone but speaking for myself and you seem to pretty much say it and that is i was in no way afraid of anyone in our bracket its just the blatant disrespect by the committee of not rewarding us for being the #1 by sticking 3 other conference champs in our bracket which no one else got. They also conveniently put duke in the south as a 4 when they clearly shouldve been in the East and when asked one of the committee members gave a lame excuse that completely fell apart if you used any logic and thought about it for 2 minutes. That being said bring anyone on.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
You’re dying on an imaginary hill

You don’t have to
He created the hill and you're on it, fighting.

20 posts in, and 7 are by you.

Like nearly everybody else, I've popped in out of curiosity about a thread that someone would start to call his fellow fans bums, and brag about being right.

Like those others, I'm making a single comment, and neither saying, "Hey, I’m not a bum," nor, "Wow, you were right (or wrong)" to OP.

I wonder why he created the thread.

Reaction Score
Dan Hurley agrees with every fan who thought the committee intentionally gave them a hard draw
No. He doesn't. Listen to his PTI interview. He admits he doesn't think the committee did that. Because they didn't.

Reaction Score
You still watch PTI?
The interview was posted here. Great way to respond when someone points out you were wrong.

You obviously don't get why I made this post. Fine. You don't get it.

But let me say this, which is not entirely unrelated to why I posted: suggesting that the committee actively tried to screw UConn by putting too many good teams in the field is, by any measure, a confession of a fear UConn might lose to the teams placed there more than a they might lose to teams in another bracket. It seems axiomatically "fear" despite you insisting I lied.

I'd also add that I'm sick of the insane conspiracy theories here that even Hurley doesn't truly believe. Pointing out that Iowa State and Auburn weren't as good as this board (or the predictive metrics) assessed them is a way of pointing out the inaccuracy of the conspiracy.

But also, you don't get why I've posted it. It's fine.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom