Invitation to AD's Suite | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Invitation to AD's Suite

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I received a printed invitation to the AD's suite for the Holy Cross game. The information on the card was very vague. Did others get this? Does anyone know what it means (in terms of what the event is)? I presume it means I'm supposed to bring my checkbook.
Your an attorney, make it clear ahead of time that those will be billable hours.

C

Chief00

To be clear, this is a printed card. Many folks most have gotten this. I was just curious if anyone knew what this was about. I guess I'll have to call the number and ask. (but there is no way I'm watching a football game from inside on a late summer night for very long, without being a part of a crowd. That's the whole point of going.)

Agree about watching a game from the outside. I would say there are only a handful of times, for me, the inside is better. Two of the 3 times I was inside I wish I was outside. That time it was pouring rain.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I'm gonna go out on a limb and think this has something to do with his zip code and the fact they can likely pair that with his name to fit the profile of a guy who might leave some money to the school.

Reaction Score
I received a printed invitation to the AD's suite for the Holy Cross game. The information on the card was very vague. Did others get this? Does anyone know what it means (in terms of what the event is)? I presume it means I'm supposed to bring my checkbook.

Yuck... you have to dress up for a football game! That really sucks! :p

Reaction Score
Can't be too many others. The AD's double box only holds about 40/50. Nice touch from DB. There's a few new athletic fundraisers at the Foundation.

Reaction Score
I got one, also. I agree with you that it most likely means bring our checkbook. See you in the AD suite.

Reaction Score
To be clear, this is a printed card. Many folks most have gotten this. I was just curious if anyone knew what this was about. I guess I'll have to call the number and ask. (but there is no way I'm watching a football game from inside on a late summer night for very long, without being a part of a crowd. That's the whole point of going.)

I've been up there with Herbst et al on a few occasions. Usually I hang for the 1st quarter and then duck out. I prefer being outside also.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
AD David Benedict is lawyering up - makes me nervous
Another sanction? Suing the state over Corey? The Gampel roof is falling again?
Maybe, just maybe, it's as simple as - he likes you!!!
Enjoy please share any secrets

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
I got one, also. I agree with you that it most likely means bring our checkbook. See you in the AD suite.
But your tickets did not come in a timely manner. Maybe they are making it up to you.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Make an appearance. It's just another step in the path of becoming "special counsel to the athletic department."

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Make an appearance. It's just another step in the path of becoming "special counsel to the athletic department."

That job I would take. Special Counsel to the Athletic Department is allowed to stay at at least the Hyatt Regency when the team travels, instead of the Sheraton or Holiday Inn.

Reaction Score
@businesslawyer - did you sign a confidentiality/non-disclosure agreement??

Ya gonna leave us hanging here?

No. Work got busy and never even bothered to call the AD's office to see what the invitation really was about. So just enjoyed the comeback (not the entire game) from my normal seats.

I'll do a 241 over the weekend, but have to spend today making up for leaving early.

Reaction Score
No. Work got busy and never even bothered to call the AD's office to see what the invitation really was about. So just enjoyed the comeback (not the entire game) from my normal seats.

I'll do a 241 over the weekend, but have to spend today making up for leaving early.
so you had no interest in the special counsel role?

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
No that's not it. DB is running out of funds and he needs a good litigator to sue the pants off of Defilippo and Boston college for dissing UCONN and voting us out of the ACC. He wants to discuss working on a contingency basis. Figures a couple Heinikens and heavy horderves will reel you in for the task.
Heavy horderves? Is that like horsey doovers?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom