Invitation to AD's Suite | The Boneyard

Invitation to AD's Suite

Reaction Score
ZEWxC1eW.jpeg

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
I received a printed invitation to the AD's suite for the Holy Cross game. The information on the card was very vague. Did others get this? Does anyone know what it means (in terms of what the event is)? I presume it means I'm supposed to bring my checkbook.
BL, my guess is you've been identified by AD Dave as a social media "tipper", not in the monetary sense but, dare I say it, because of your long history and level-headed influence here on the Boneyard (I haven't seen you on Twitter or any other social media so I assume it's Boneyard related). It's pretty well known by savvy on-line marketeers that roughly 10-15% of the people who follow their companies, or others like them, via social media strongly influence the opinions of the remaining 85-90%. These are the people who "tip" the opinions of the other 85-90% one way or the other. Being a long time season ticket holder was probably a pre-req, too. Congratulations. :)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
BL, my guess is you've been identified by AD Dave as a social media "tipper", not in the monetary sense but, dare I say it, because of your long history and level-headed influence here on the Boneyard (I haven't seen you on Twitter or any other social media so I assume it's Boneyard related). It's pretty well known by savvy on-line marketeers that roughly 10-15% of the people who follow their companies, or others like them, via social media strongly influence the opinions of the remaining 85-90%. These are the people who "tip" the opinions of the other 85-90% one way or the other. Being a season ticket holder was probably a pre-req, too. Congratulations. :)

That's an interesting theory. I don't even have a twitter account, and I use facebook to follow other people but never post anything.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
That's an interesting theory. I don't even have a twitter account, and I use facebook to follow other people but never post anything.
I suspect it's other factors, years season ticket holder, contributions, etc. rather than the BY. I can't see how they'd link your BY persona to your real world one.

Of course it's possible they begun interviewing candidates to replace Corey and you are on the short list. Hard to say for sure.

Reaction Score
I suspect it's other factors, years season ticket holder, contributions, etc. rather than the BY. I can't see how they'd link your BY persona to your real world one.

Of course it's possible they begun interviewing candidates to replace Corey and you are on the short list. Hard to say for sure.

Having seen Corey's salary, that is a short list my wife has no interest in me being on until I'm in forced retirement.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Having seen Corey's salary, that is a short list my wife has no interest in me being on until I'm in forced retirement.
But it would be one sweet retirement job, wouldn't it?

Reaction Score
I haven't been home all week - hopefully I'm in the cool kids club lol

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score

Good point, and a not-so minor-flaw in my theory. :confused: But, if it were possible, BL would be one of the BY posters I'd invite to wine and dine if I were AD.

Reaction Score

No that's not it. DB is running out of funds and he needs a good litigator to sue the pants off of Defilippo and Boston college for dissing UCONN and voting us out of the ACC. He wants to discuss working on a contingency basis. Figures a couple Heinikens and heavy horderves will reel you in for the task.

Reaction Score
No that's not it. DB is running out of funds and he needs a good litigator to sue the pants off of Defilippo and Boston college for dissing UCONN and voting us out of the ACC. He wants to discuss working on a contingency basis. Figures a couple Heinikens and heavy horderves will reel you in for the task.

This is definitely it.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
One of your best posts Carl!

Reaction Score
But it would be one sweet retirement job, wouldn't it?

Depends on the level of hotel they would let me stay on while on the road. I have my standards after all these years.

Reaction Score

O.K., that's it. I'm fine with Spackler saying I'm so naive it's not even my fault I'm naive. I'm fine with Rich and Kolombo just thinking I'm a schmuck (which isn't hard to believe since I act that way to them). I'm even fine with West thinking I went too soft on San Diego Orange. But there is one thing I won't stand for AND THAT IS BEING CALLED A LITIGATOR. Them's fighting words boy.

Reaction Score
BL, just go and enjoy yourself.

To be clear, this is a printed card. Many folks most have gotten this. I was just curious if anyone knew what this was about. I guess I'll have to call the number and ask. (but there is no way I'm watching a football game from inside on a late summer night for very long, without being a part of a crowd. That's the whole point of going.)

Reaction Score
O.K., that's it. I'm fine with Spackler saying I'm so naive it's not even my fault I'm naive. I'm fine with Rich and Kolombo just thinking I'm a schmuck (which isn't hard to believe since I act that way to them). I'm even fine with West thinking I went too soft on San Diego Orange. But there is one thing I won't stand for AND THAT IS BEING CALLED A LITIGATOR. Them's fighting words boy.

BL, I remember DB commenting about the coffee mug you were toting at your tailgate at last year's UCF game! Not only does he get Lashlee to take a $300,000 haircut but gets his legal affairs taken care of with Mozzarella sticks! Brilliant!

IMG_0439.JPG

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom