Interview Article with Bonzie Colson | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Interview Article with Bonzie Colson

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Dimitri Hill, third time is a charm. That game will always piss me off, "the meat hook" killed us and then the missed free throws.
Oops. Dimitri "Da Meat Hook" Young was a Major League Baseball player in the 90's

Reaction Score
Colson has tremendous offensive skills based on all info available. I will be absolutely stoked to get him. Instead of talking about swinging and missing on Abu, lets start talking about why Bonzie is a great fit for us. The guy can get up and down the floor, create his own shot and has some meat on his bones. He is a great complement to the multi talented, high flying group we will have.

Abu isn't walking through that door, lets hope Bonzie is. Besides, who doesn't want a guy named Bonzie?

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score
..and you saw these games when and where? The bottom line is Jeff is power forward because that is the position he plays and where his skillset has placed him. I've watched alot of Jeff in the NBA and in NBA Summer League and he never played anywhere but PF.

I hate myself for responding to this, but all gtcam is saying is 'calm the heck down, brosephus. we're all UConn fans here. If you don't like someone's assessment of where BC should play, so be it. move on. it's not worth getting so worked up over. let the kid have his opinion.'

caw

Reaction Score
Colson looks a bit more fluid than Adrien, who was a pure four. I would probably compare Colson to Freeman more than Adrien.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
How did Colson's visit to Florida State go?

Reaction Score
Colson has tremendous offensive skills based on all info available. I will be absolutely stoked to get him. Instead of talking about swinging and missing on Abu, lets start talking about why Bonzie is a great fit for us. The guy can get up and down the floor, create his own shot and has some meat on his bones. He is a great complement to the multi talented, high flying group we will have.

Abu isn't walking through that door, lets hope Bonzie is. Besides, who doesn't want a guy named Bonzie?
I do love his name. Does anyone know if that is pronounced like the Japanese tree? There's a player called Bonzi Wells that had a long career in the NBA. But his first name was pronounced BON-SE. I like the idea of everyone yelling BON-SAI when he shoots and scores.

On a serious note, if he's a better fit for UConn than Abu, I'm all in...Bonsai!!!!!

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Amelia Rayno@AmeliaRayno 2h
Just talked to Bonzie Colson's HS coach, Michael Hart -- he said Colson is deciding between UConn, Temple and #Gophers for last official.
I'm not reading too much into his decision if he doesn't pick UConn for an official since he already had an unofficial, but if he picks UConn as his last official then we should be in good position.

Reaction Score
I like Colson a lot. He's got the Adrian Dantley sorta thing going on. He's not overly athletic but he seems to have a high bb-iq and he knows how to make the most out of his abilities. Undersized 4's are quite successful on the college stage b/c they outsmart their more athletic counterparts. We've been killed by a myriad of undersized 4's over the years b/c they knew how to use pump fakes and generally outsmarted our bigger, more athletic players. And we've had great success with KFree, Adrien, Tim Coles, Selvie, etc.

Reaction Score
AmeliaRayno
I talked w/ Bonzie Colson last night. He still hasn't planned that 5th official. It seems #Gophers could be waiting on Josh Martin decision.
9/24/13 11:47 AM

Reaction Score
AmeliaRayno
I talked w/ Bonzie Colson last night. He still hasn't planned that 5th official. It seems #Gophers could be waiting on Josh Martin decision.
9/24/13 11:47 AM

Well, if that's in his thought process at all.... NEXT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member