Interview Article with Bonzie Colson | The Boneyard

Interview Article with Bonzie Colson

Status
Not open for further replies.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
He is a four year player who knows how to play the game and would fit into UCONN style.

Reaction Score
I'm a big fan of this kid. I'd love to wrap up the early signing period with Hamilton, Colson and Robinson.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I have to admit that I chuckled at the last sentence about him being one of UCONN's top 'big man' targets. 6 '5" guys play center on their high school team not too D1 programs. If we are looking for him as a 'big man', we're in trouble. There are guards bigger than him. A small forward yes, a big man, no.

Reaction Score
I'm just saying...but a little Jeff Adrien name drop could help this kid out.

Reaction Score
I have to admit that I chuckled at the last sentence about him being one of UCONN's top 'big man' targets. 6 '5" guys play center on their high school team not too D1 programs. If we are looking for him as a 'big man', we're in trouble. There are guards bigger than him. A small forward yes, a big man, no.

Jeff Adrien measured 6-5 at the NBA combine.

There are worse things to have than a skilled workhorse with long arms who can do a variety of things well from day one.

Reaction Score
He's being recruited as a PF. He told me that he's still growing a little. Could get up to 6'6".

Reaction Score
Would you consider Adrien a big man??
Think 3 was using big man as in someone who will play the 4 and/or 5, and not referring to stature. Jeff Adrien was a "big man" in that he primarily played the power forward position, which is what Bonzie Colson most likely would do at the college level.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
For someone who does not want to be "too far from home," he is considering offers from pretty far away....FSU, Notre Dame, Miami, Pittsburgh. UConn is the only one that is even somewhat close to home. Temple is still some distance away. .... knock on wood, but my goodness, he should be a pretty good bet.

Reaction Score
Would you consider Adrien a big man??

Well, he certainly wasn't a guard. What else would you possibly call him?

Former Warriors big man Jeff Adrien is expected to sign a one-year deal with the Italian team Benetton Treviso.

During the 2010-11 season, former UConn big man Jeff Adrien used the D-League to better showcase his talents and secure an NBA gig.

Sports Illustrated: Best Big Men in the 2009 NBA Draft - Jeff Adrien, UConn

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Well, he certainly wasn't a guard. What else would you possibly call him?

Former Warriors big man Jeff Adrien is expected to sign a one-year deal with the Italian team Benetton Treviso.

During the 2010-11 season, former UConn big man Jeff Adrien used the D-League to better showcase his talents and secure an NBA gig.

Sports Illustrated: Best Big Men in the 2009 NBA Draft - Jeff Adrien, UConn
On my team? A small forward.

Reaction Score
I'm a big fan of this kid. I'd love to wrap up the early signing period with Hamilton, Colson and Robinson.

Add Purvis and a big, and that's a good UConn class.

Reaction Score
On my team? A small forward.
Jeff Adrien would be a small forward on your team? I have to tell you your team would stink, Jeff Adrien has zero small forward skills.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I would expect Bonzai to have greater problems on defense than on offense. Rebounding shouldn't be a problem.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Jeff Adrien would be a small forward on your team? I have to tell you your team would stink, Jeff Adrien has zero small forward skills.
Amazing how my comment about finding it funny to read that Colson is a top 'big man' target has been turned into me criticizing Adrien, one of my all-time favorite Huskies.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score

You have to wonder how much his rating is held down by his height.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom