Interim UCONN Recruiting Update | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Interim UCONN Recruiting Update

Reaction Score
She does look somewhat familiar. We'll have to get her in the right shade of blue (American Flag) and a respectable uniform number. No hurry, we have almost two full years for that. Can't be National Treasure without American flag blue in your uniform.
Serious question: How long has it been since MN has had a top 10 prospect in girls basketball.

Tayler Hill from Minneapolis South was pretty highly ranked. Angel Robinson (which is her cousin I believe was too). Liz Podominick was highly ranked but I believe she spent most of her college career injured. Nia Coffey was top 25. Minnesota actually has a pretty decent list of WCBB studs... not necessarily top 10 ranked as high schoolers but plenty that ended up doing a lot better than rankings may have indicated. I do think Paige Bueckers has the potential to be the best though.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
She visited Baylor on weekend of 28 October. Won 3 X 3 World Championship with Samantha, Paige, Aliyah (Team Quest) last month. BTW somehow you managed to get both the spelling of her first name and last name incorrect it is Hailey Van Lith.

There's young Kim taking instructions from a leading coach of the day ;).
Now Kim wants to be in the same position to do the same with another undersized blonde dynamo PG (who also wears braids).

Never, ever thought of this pairing (Kim - Hailey) before, but it makes sense (from Kim's perspective)....a strong-willed (and strong) floor general.

1542201087278.png

Last edited:
Reaction Score
can't imagine Hailey Van Lith playing at Baylor.......................then again I've been accused by some of having a limited imagination...............;)

Reaction Score
This is a great summary. Love the notes about the players. Thanks for fixing this up.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Any more info floating around about Haley Van Lithe?
While young Hailey is indeed lithesome, she is not actually Lithe. And yet while she is Lith, she remains lithe. It is all confusing, but I sure hope she comes to UConn and continues to confuse her/our opponents. Btw, your pal Justine returns on Saturday and that should make us all happy. :confused::D

Reaction Score
you mean the Notre Dame Magna Cum Laude graduate Justine? You have to admit it's a bit ironic that she's landed the UConn job with that resume.................

Dillon77

Reaction Score
can't imagine Hailey Van Lith playing at Baylor........then again I've been accused by some of having a limited imagination.....;)
you mean the Notre Dame Magna Cum Laude graduate Justine? You have to admit it's a bit ironic that she's landed the UConn job with that resume.......

I'm confused and/or out of the loop regarding this one. First, I know you didn't mean me once you mentioned the words "Magna Cum Laude" after Notre Dame. :rolleyes: ;)
Could someone please explain the presence of an esteemed Domer in the friendly confines of Storrs?

Charlie...and if that can happen, maybe there is a possibility of Hailey and Kim tag-teaming. (Oh gosh, please no....:D)

Bama fan

Reaction Score
you mean the Notre Dame Magna Cum Laude graduate Justine? You have to admit it's a bit ironic that she's landed the UConn job with that resume.......
More than a bit ironic! I view it as an example of UConn's forward thinking, inclusivity, and the quest for the best to serve the program. Perhaps UConn is more catholic, in the lower case meaning of the word, than our Catholic antagonists. If someone brings excellence to the basketball program, Geno and CD will find them no matter where they are! :D

Reaction Score
Amhiere to SC. Dawn retweeting and liking all her media this morning. Amhiere following all SC accounts on Instagram recently. Couldn’t imagine Dawn doing that if she didn’t pick SC.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Amhiere to SC. Dawn retweeting and liking all her media this morning. Amhiere following all SC accounts on Instagram recently. Couldn’t imagine Dawn doing that if she didn’t pick SC.

Well, you can find out for sure at 6 p.m. tonight, according to the Black Queen herself.
(Wouldn't surprise me at all if Ms. Amihere heads to S.C.)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Should make South Carolina #1 recruiting class with 3 of top 15 players.

Reaction Score
Anyone else super happy Louisville is getting virtually no recruits (yes I know Nyah Green) but they are losing:
Durr
Fuehring
Diop
Carter
all to graduation and not getting and super studs to fill the spots.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Could someone please explain the presence of an esteemed Domer in the friendly confines of Storrs?
I'm very confused as to why ANY explanation would be required.

1542210256223.png

Reaction Score
I'm confused and/or out of the loop regarding this one. First, I know you didn't mean me once you mentioned the words "Magna Cum Laude" after Notre Dame. :rolleyes:;)

Charlie...and if that can happen, maybe there is a possibility of Hailey and Kim tag-teaming. (Oh gosh, please no....:D)

surely you knew that Justine Ward was a highly decorated ND alum and an accomplished Irish dancer? I don't believe that this interesting anomaly increases the odds of Hailey Van Lith residing in downtown Waco for four years................but what do I know.:D

raw.jpg

Justine Ward
Justine Ward joined SNY in 2016 as an anchor and reporter contributing to its sports and entertainment news shows "GEICO SportsNite" and "Daily News Live." Ward also currently serves at the network's sideline reporter for UConn Women's basketball coverage on SNY.
Ward comes to SNY from SEC country where she covered news and sports as an anchor/reporter for KNWA/Fox 24 in Fayetteville, Arkansas. At KNWA she covered breaking news, politics and crime, and the Arkansas Razorbacks, including extensive coverage of the team's bowl appearances after the 2014 and 2015 seasons.
Ward graduated Magna Cum Laude from the University of Notre Dame. From there, she made stops in her hometown of St. Louis and in Los Angeles, where she worked in news while pursuing her journalism career.
Ward is the sister of former NFL fullback Lee Ward. Ward currently resides in Manhattan.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
surely you knew that Justine Ward was a highly decorated ND alum and an accomplished Irish dancer? I don't believe that this interesting anomaly increases the odds of Hailey Van Lith residing in downtown Waco for four years......but what do I know.:D

raw.jpg

Justine Ward
Justine Ward joined SNY in 2016 as an anchor and reporter contributing to its sports and entertainment news shows "GEICO SportsNite" and "Daily News Live." Ward also currently serves at the network's sideline reporter for UConn Women's basketball coverage on SNY.
Ward comes to SNY from SEC country where she covered news and sports as an anchor/reporter for KNWA/Fox 24 in Fayetteville, Arkansas. At KNWA she covered breaking news, politics and crime, and the Arkansas Razorbacks, including extensive coverage of the team's bowl appearances after the 2014 and 2015 seasons.
Ward graduated Magna Cum Laude from the University of Notre Dame. From there, she made stops in her hometown of St. Louis and in Los Angeles, where she worked in news while pursuing her journalism career.
Ward is the sister of former NFL fullback Lee Ward. Ward currently resides in Manhattan.

Well, I must admit this is a different look than, say, Don Criqui, another ND alum turned sportscaster! ;)

Bama fan

Reaction Score
so I guess you're saying that Kara Wolters need not apply to that Notre Dame WBB color commentary job.....:rolleyes:
I do not know , but I did preface with perhaps, so tell her to go for it.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
so I guess you're saying that Kara Wolters need not apply to that Notre Dame WBB color commentary job.....:rolleyes:
I do not know , but I did preface with perhaps, so tell her to go for it.

Well the last WCBB center to be a color commentator was one Ruth Riley. She's now the color commentator for the Miami Heat. So, yes, go for it!:cool: :D

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Justine Ward is a spy for Muffet. That's why we lost to them in the NCAAs after beating them in the regular season. Muffet had three months of Justine sitting in on UConn practices and funneling info back to South Bend.
1542212878688.png

Reaction Score
Would love to have Hailey Van Lith at Baylor. She will be a huge get for whoever gets her.

Reaction Score
She visited Baylor on weekend of 28 October. Won 3 X 3 World Championship with Samantha, Paige, Aliyah (Team Quest) last month. BTW somehow you managed to get both the spelling of her first name and last name incorrect it is Hailey Van Lith.

Yes. I was rushing. I didn’t review spelling.

More importantly. I hope she comes here.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom