Interesting Stuff from Fat White Guy on Diaco and Alumni Relations | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Interesting Stuff from Fat White Guy on Diaco and Alumni Relations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Diaco has consistently engaged alumni since day 1.

in fact, at this point a sane person would probably regret reaching out to alumni like he has because he,s not fooling anyone with his bullsh--t anymore, especially alumni through the years that have played winning football at UCONN through the years and competed and won league titles.

but Diaco is not mentally stable and probably doesn't even realize that people think he's full of mularkey

Reaction Score
Because you interpreted my translation of twitter gibberish to paragraph form to have an emotional overtone.
I guess I did - it seemed like you were inferring Lunn hasn't been paying much attention to the program or ventured to UConn games lately.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Here's something from another great alum

Scott Lutrus at Towson University.
23 mins · Instagram ·

Very thankful for these two coaches who played a huge part in giving me an opportunity to play football @Uconn. Now if we can only find a way to get them back to Storrs... #MakeUconnGreatAgain

Not sure how to include pictures.

go back into his instagram and there are more posts referencing the state of the program with lots of comments from former players. Also comments making fun of the ConFliCt lol

Reaction Score
go back into his instagram and there are more posts referencing the state of the program with lots of comments from former players. Also comments making fun of the ConFliCt lol
I follow him on twitter. I see almost everything he posts.

Reaction Score
Not buying the alumni thing - have heard the opposite from too many people.

But in any event, I don't care. Alumni are about the 27,845th problem we have right now.
Please share your opposing views.

Reaction Score

Yep. Comment from Orlovsky from just now. "I'm with it. Get "Donald Brown" on board for the buyout!"

Please Please Please guys.

Reaction Score
I follow him on twitter. I see almost everything he posts.

I know him... barely. My family has some connections to the Brookfield football program so I met him a few times when I was a kid and he was in HS.

Reaction Score
I know him... barely. My family has some connections to the Brookfield football program so I met him a few times when I was a kid and he was in HS.
Based on what I have seen, his twitter handle, he is clearly outspoken and has no problem saying what he wants to say.

Reaction Score
God imagine that headline? "UConn Alumni Buy-Out Bob Diaco"

Yea I mean it is a pretty ridiculous proposition but the fact that our NFL alums are joking about buying out Bobby speaks volumes.

Reaction Score
Based on what I have seen, his twitter handle, he is clearly outspoken and has no problem saying what he wants to say.

tbh I don't follow him on social media. He wouldn't recognize me in person but he knows some of my family members by name and I have friends who are friends with him.

Reaction Score
Please share your opposing views.
I know for a fact that 5 alumni that played for Tom Jackson and Skip Holtz were warmly welcomed by Diaco back to the program after having no contact during the Pasqualoni years. Edsall did a lot and Diaco has done more. These guys are friends of mine so this is first hand info.

Reaction Score
I know for a fact that 5 alumni that played for Tom Jackson and Skip Holtz were warmly welcomed by Diaco back to the program after having no contact during the Pasqualoni years. Edsall did a lot and Diaco has done more. These guys are friends of mine so this is first hand info.
So is there a disconnect somewhere? Or a lie being told? Or some being kept out as opposed to others?

Reaction Score
So is there a disconnect somewhere? Or a lie being told? Or some being kept out as opposed to others?
Not sure...they were all invited to a alumni night and Diaco had them in the meeting room with the team..he made it VERY clear to the kids that the facility's they had were "bought and paid for by those you see here in this room that came before you". Pasquloni never had them on campus...Edsall did similar stuff that Diaco did. If there were ever any alumni to leave out it would be pre-Edsall guys...they all say that all they have access to go watch a practice they just call Baylock. Disco has always been gracious to them.

Reaction Score
Not sure...they were all invited to a alumni night and Diaco had them in the meeting room with the team..he made it VERY clear to the kids that the facility's they had were "bought and paid for by those you see here in this room that came before you". Pasquloni never had them on campus...Edsall did similar stuff that Diaco did. If there were ever any alumni to leave out it would be pre-Edsall guys...they all say that all they have access to go watch a practice they just call Baylock. Disco has always been gracious to them.
Then that is very interesting. Something somewhere is not adding up.

Reaction Score
Not sure...they were all invited to a alumni night and Diaco had them in the meeting room with the team..he made it VERY clear to the kids that the facility's they had were "bought and paid for by those you see here in this room that came before you". Pasquloni never had them on campus...Edsall did similar stuff that Diaco did.

From last year...

>>On strengthening ties with former UConn players:

“That’s a big deal for me. I want to regain a strong relationship with the Husky football alumni. And let them know, they’re welcome back. The doors are open. You’re part of our football family. That’s a big part of what we’re doing. “Some have a little bit of a barrier up, I’m not sure where that relationship kind of went awry. But we’re breaking them down, and guys are coming back to the complex and coming to practice. And that’s so big for the team, because now you can get that Bleed Blue mentality going. When a player is spending time with someone who wore his jersey and excelled at it, what better can you get than that?”<<

The Jerry Martin situation exacerbated some relationships as well.

Reaction Score
From last year...

>>On strengthening ties with former UConn players:

“That’s a big deal for me. I want to regain a strong relationship with the Husky football alumni. And let them know, they’re welcome back. The doors are open. You’re part of our football family. That’s a big part of what we’re doing. “Some have a little bit of a barrier up, I’m not sure where that relationship kind of went awry. But we’re breaking them down, and guys are coming back to the complex and coming to practice. And that’s so big for the team, because now you can get that Bleed Blue mentality going. When a player is spending time with someone who wore his jersey and excelled at it, what better can you get than that?”<<

The Jerry Martin situation exacerbated some relationships as well.
Yes most definitely. I know with my friends it was a VERY big deal. One of them knew Warde and he made him aware of the fact that Martin had been removed as S&C coach for the football program by Pasqualoni and was replaced by Todd Devers who he brought with him from the Cowboys. I wouldn't call them Diaco fans but they have definitely been actively been made part of the program since he has been here. When Pasqualoni was here it was nonexistent.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Rob Lunn has been at games throughout the years, saw him at Homecoming a few weeks ago.

After Diaco started and replaced S&C icon, the late Jerry Martin, with Matt Balis, that decision seemed to not sit well with some former players, including Lunn. Things may have festered after that.

I think we're all on the same page: something needs to change and fast. There won't be anyone for the dance cam to find in the stands during the Tulane game.

Reaction Score
Rob Lunn has been at games throughout the years, saw him at Homecoming a few weeks ago.

After Diaco started and replaced S&C icon, the late Jerry Martin, with Matt Balis, that decision seemed to not sit well with some former players, including Lunn. Things may have festered after that.

I think we're all on the same page: something needs to change and fast. There won't be anyone for the dance cam to find in the stands during the Tulane game.
Martin was replaced by Pasqualoni with Todd Devers...he hadn't worked with the football program since Edsall left. He was still in charge of the S&C program but had no contact with the football team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom