Interesting Opening Day/Week Games | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Interesting Opening Day/Week Games

Reaction Score
How did the student section look on the broadcast?
Broadcast was hard to watch, constant interruptions. All I noticed were the number of fans for an overmatched opponent. I hope Sam can sign better non conference for future games. I realize our SEC schedule is tough but interesting non conference games should help our recruiting.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Anyone watch the Harvard at Maryland game yesterday? Looking at the stats, how did Harvard get 87 fga in that game? Was there no attempt at defense by Maryland? Harvard took 36 3 point shots and 51 2 point attempts. By the way, Maryland had 67 fga in the game.

Reaction Score
Anyone watch the Harvard at Maryland game yesterday? Looking at the stats, how did Harvard get 87 fga in that game? Was there no attempt at defense by Maryland? Harvard took 36 3 point shots and 51 2 point attempts. By the way, Maryland had 67 fga in the game.
Wow. Now I have to go back and watch because that's crazy.

Reaction Score
Of some interest to those who remember her checkered history, 6'4" Maori Davenport, a highly rated recruit some years ago, is with Arkansas - Pine Bluff now. Formerly of Rutgers, Georgia and Troy.
Pine Bluff takes on Oregon tonight at MKA after playing well enough on Monday to lead Oregon State by 17 at one point before falling by 9 at the end.
An ooc test for the young Duck team.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I was gonna watch Stanford against Hawaii, but the streaming wasn't working to start the game. It finally started for a few minutes, then cut out again. Might be working now but pretty irritated I'd already missed so much of the game by that point (most of the way thru Q2 I think). Looks like Iriafen is having a big game.

Numerous outgoing Stanford transfers are off to a good start. There are at least 3, maybe I'm missing some?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Of some interest to those who remember her checkered history, 6'4" Maori Davenport, a highly rated recruit some years ago, is with Arkansas - Pine Bluff now. Formerly of Rutgers, Georgia and Troy.
Pine Bluff takes on Oregon tonight at MKA after playing well enough on Monday to lead Oregon State by 17 at one point before falling by 9 at the end.
An ooc test for the young Duck team.
Or not so much of a test. Oregon was smarter than OSU and didn't dig themselves into a big hole to start the game.

Reaction Score
I was gonna watch Stanford against Hawaii, but the streaming wasn't working to start the game. It finally started for a few minutes, then cut out again. Might be working now but pretty irritated I'd already missed so much of the game by that point (most of the way thru Q2 I think). Looks like Iriafen is having a big game.

Numerous outgoing Stanford transfers are off to a good start. There are at least 3, maybe I'm missing some?
She’s not there yet but Iriafen’s game has always reminded me of Aaliyah Edwards.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
She’s not there yet but Iriafen’s game has always reminded me of Aaliyah Edwards.
Broadly speaking, yes. I think Edwards bodies her way to the rim more (and collects a fair number of fouls on both ends), whereas I think Kiki has a little bit more finesse to her shooting. But I'd sure love her to bring Edwards' confidence into every game. Up 20 or down 20 Edwards is always fighting and playing to win.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Ole Miss and Oklahoma are squaring off. I'm a little surprised the Sooners aren't ranked to start the season.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
@triaddukefan is North Carolina Central one of your teams? If so I apologize for what my Washington Huskies are doing to them currently. :rolleyes:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Well now. My offensively challenged Washington Huskies found some offense and then some tonight. Pounded hapless NCCU 113-39. First time they've hit triple digits since Plum was there. Starters didn't play much in the second half, none at all in Q4. 2 freshmen led the way w/ 18 points off the bench.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I had one eye on a game I was streaming, but the other eye was watching Iowa-VA Tech. Good game. What a battle between Clark and Amoore. I was impressed with Wenzel. Hawkeyes get the win and Clark dropped 40+. They're gonna be tracking her chasing down the scoring record all year.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
@triaddukefan is North Carolina Central one of your teams? If so I apologize for what my Washington Huskies are doing to them currently. :rolleyes:

They are way down the list... probably around 12 or 13.. ... they are NCA&T's biggest rival.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Clark was amazing yet again and dropped 44 points on what she called a "bad night" lol. Another NPOY incoming for her I think.
Yup, took 31 shots and was 5 for 16 from behind the arc. Amazing.

Reaction Score
I had one eye on a game I was streaming, but the other eye was watching Iowa-VA Tech. Good game. What a battle between Clark and Amoore. I was impressed with Wenzel. Hawkeyes get the win and Clark dropped 40+. They're gonna be tracking her chasing down the scoring record all year.
Was an odd game but plenty of individual firepower.

Had PTSD.

Reaction Score
Yup, took 31 shots and was 5 for 16 from behind the arc. Amazing.
It kind of reminds me of Russell Westbrook his MVP season. Clark's usage is crazy. She played good but I can see why she was critical of her performance. I thought she took a lot of bad shots, especially when attacking the basket.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Mid majors from the Carolinas traveling out west are getting treated very rudely tonight. Utah is thrashing South Carolina St. and just set a school record with 20 made 3s. Still 4+ minutes left.

Washington set a school record against NCCU with a 34 point quarter.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom