Interesting local insiders assessment of Tuck and Loyd | The Boneyard

Interesting local insiders assessment of Tuck and Loyd

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
This is part of why some of us think HoopGurlz has her very underrated (ASGR has her at 4):

"Tuck has a great skill set. What amazes me is how much better she is now than last year," Tucker said. "She won state last year and was good. But she is much better now. She is playing on a team with seven other Division I players and she dominates. She has developed so much.

"The biggest difference is she has gone from more of a post player who played with her back to the basket and rebounded to a player who shoots the three. She can do everything. Is she a top five player? The others have more history. If Bolingbrook wins the state again, since no one has ever won four in a row in girls, you'd have to add that to the mix."

I really like this:

"But I like Tuck way better. She is more of a team player and plays harder." Sounds like a UConn type of player!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
"Tuck is a player who has gotten better each year. She has the ability to play inside and outside. But she has to prove she can play at Connecticut because of her (6-foot-2) size. She can't play in the post at Connecticut. No one pushes her around in Illinois. She has to keep changing her game, depending on where they play her in college."

I guess he never saw Swin, Tamika, Asjha, Maya, Kelly, Jamelle, Kaili, BT or any of the other undersized post players that have worn the UConn uni.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Interesting stuff. I was surprised that there was no mention of Natasha Pointer the pg who starred at RU about 10 years ago, who was from Whitney Young in Chicago.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Interesting stuff. I was surprised that there was no mention of Natasha Pointer the pg who starred at RU about 10 years ago, who was from Whitney Young in Chicago.
Or Cappie Pondexter, the Olympian.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
I don't think that Hoopgurlz has looked at Tuck in over a year. The last evaluation entry is from Dec '10.

Do the eval services tend to spend more of their limited resources on players that have yet to commit?

On edit - I looked at 5 random top 2012 players on Hoopgurlz. The latest eval on any of them is May '11. I wonder if that is one reason why some players don't perform to their ranking (either way)when they hit college.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
I don't think that Hoopgurlz has looked at Tuck in over a year. The last evaluation entry is from Dec '10.

Do the eval services tend to spend more of their limited resources on players that have yet to commit?

On edit - I looked at 5 random top 2012 players on Hoopgurlz. The latest eval on any of them is May '11. I wonder if that is one reason why some players don't perform to their ranking (either way)when they hit college.
I guess the hoopgirls staff has been on a 9 month vacation? Seriously, they are probably focusing on the younger classes, but I don't think that justifies the apparent lack of recent attention to the older classes.

Reaction Score
I don't like HoopGurlz at all, but to be fair, they have a limited amount of resources and have to determine the bet way to utilize them.

Since they've seen most or all of the top seniors, it makes some sense that they'd spend more time focusing on the younger classes. I'm sure they're still in contact with people who are watching these players on a regular basis, though.

Reaction Score
They do go to every USA basketball team trials. I think they concentrate more on AAU and various national tourneys where they can maximize evaluations across the most amount of players. Not sure they can go see to many high school match-ups unless they are extremely high profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom