Interesting Geno tweet | The Boneyard

Interesting Geno tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

UCONNfan1

I was following the twitter feeds for Ray Kasongo on the men's side and came across this... Let the speculation begin!

Jim Fuller@NHRJimFuller
23m
UConn's Geno Auriemma said he was in 14 cities in 20 days recruiting and was one of most productive 20-day stretched of his career

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Cool. Maybe he can do what UNC probably did and find a way to fit those 14 kids, even with only 15 schollies.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Geno never or rarely would say anything he doesn't think- So this is encouraging!

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
It was important for Geno to connect with 2015 and 2016 recruits this September because he's not going to be around much next September and he obviously heard the complaints about how his USA job will hurt recruiting. He explained:

"My whole month, my August was August, most of my Augusts are the same no matter what but in September I was in 14 cities in 20 days including (Xapala) Mexico," said Auriemma befoire the Jimmy V Classic dinner and charity auction at Gotham Hall in New York. "I don't think I was ever in the same city two days in a row. I was doing my part for UConn because that was my No. 1 focus, that is my job and that is my first and foremost responsibility and I enjoyed it. We made a lot of inroads and we got a lot done because next September I am not going to be around and I am not going to be here next September, I am going to be in Istanbul so I don't want one of these kids to go'well Coach Auriemma is not here' and have some of these other coaches go 'I am here and Coach Auriemma isn't.' Well the reason he is not is because he is coaching the best players in the world trying to win a gold medal so I just wanted to make sure I made some contact with all of these kids so I got to know them personally and they got to know me so in that respect it was maybe one of the best 20 days I have spent in a long, long time."

http://elmcitytoeaglevillenhr.blogspot.com/2013/10/last-month-has-been-whirlwind-for-geno.html

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Don't know if this was brought up in another thread, but the FIBA America's Championship for Women was held in Xapala Mexico Sept. 21-28. Kia Nurse's Canadian team was there.

BTW, the name Carla Cortijo from Puerto Rico kept popping up in various articles. Wonder if she's on anyone's radar?

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Don't know if this was brought up in another thread, but the FIBA America's Championship for Women was held in Xapala Mexico Sept. 21-28. Kia Nurse's Canadian team was there.

BTW, the name Carla Cortijo from Puerto Rico kept popping up in various articles. Wonder if she's on anyone's radar?

Do you have the name right? The Carla Cortijo I know of from Puerto Rico played at Texas, and then transferred somewhere.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Do you have the name right? The Carla Cortijo I know of from Puerto Rico played at Texas, and then transferred somewhere.

I thought it was a U-something team but it's National Teams. It is the Carla Cortijo that went to Texas. So, I guess she's off the radar :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom