INTERESTING COMMENT BY JOHN A..... | The Boneyard

INTERESTING COMMENT BY JOHN A.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
this morning in the chat he indicated he believes it is down to us and S CAROLINA
for A WILSON very interesting....
He also does read THE BONEYARD lol
IRA post 800 THANKS Eric for reading my posts

He has frequently lifted topics from here.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I would like our chances with that.
I would too but she's from the south and SC is an up and coming program. I'm not sure Geno will be able to pry her away from them. It sucks as fans to be in the final 2 for top kids and have them go elsewhere (Ogwumike, McDaniel, Hammond, etc). Of course we land our fair share too.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Don't like his answer to Sal on Calhoun though. :(

"Not promising, Sal.. too many issues with outside forces, I am hearing"

Reaction Score
I would too but she's from the south and SC is an up and coming program. I'm not sure Geno will be able to pry her away from them. It sucks as fans to be in the final 2 for top kids and have them go elsewhere (Ogwumike, McDaniel, Hammond, etc). Of course we land our fair share too.

I agree ERIC those were my thoughts also THINKING IF SHE DOES commit to S CA we will hear how it was special circumstances that had her staying closer to home lol ughhh
Obviousely we get our share,but always hate losing out.......... IT WILL BE NICE WHEN WE GET OUR NEXT verbal it has been a while
ira

Reaction Score
Well, as I recall, John was someone who frequently had us with the inside track for Diamond, and not for Moriah, and we all know how those turned out. So it just is not clear to me that any of these reporters have a connection to the inner thoughts of 16-18 year old girls. So I'm reluctant to feel too good about us being one of two for A. Wilson, and I'm reluctant to feel defeated about SC having some inherent advantage. I'm just thinking that if our team has more televised games like the one we played against Duke, that talented recruits are going to come to UConn to share in some of that fun, as Kelly described it, for the players. And gosh was that ever fun for us fans. :) How long until the next game!?!

HGN

Reaction Score
Some kids want to stay closer to home ; some want to venture away ; and some want the challenge of a UConn. Kids may shy away from UConn because they think they will not get much PT. Others come for just that challenge of having to play hard to get that PT.

That's why we will lose kids to a South Carolina , the kid see's their chance of getting more PT without having to fight evenly talented kids for it. They may not be that concerned with winning a NC. But just about their own PT. UConn is more concerned with winning multiple National Championships. That's why I love Heather Buck. A big rugged girl like that could have left 2 yrs ago for more PT elsewhere. And would have gotten it. She stayed for the chance of winning a NC. Not for personal glory of PT , but for a Team goal of a NC.

UConn is one program that has a Very High Probability of fighting for a National Championship each and every year. There are probably no more than 4 other programs in the country that can say that every year. When a kid Commits to one of the 5 Programs, they are concerned about Personal goals as well as Team goals................ We want those girls.

Reaction Score
Some kids want to stay closer to home ; some want to venture away ; and some want the challenge of a UConn. Kids may shy away from UConn because they think they will not get much PT. Others come for just that challenge of having to play hard to get that PT.

That's why we will lose kids to a South Carolina , the kid see's their chance of getting more PT without having to fight evenly talented kids for it. They may not be that concerned with winning a NC. But just about their own PT. UConn is more concerned with winning multiple National Championships. That's why I love Heather Buck. A big rugged girl like that could have left 2 yrs ago for more PT elsewhere. And would have gotten it. She stayed for the chance of winning a NC. Not for personal glory of PT , but for a Team goal of a NC.

UConn is one program that has a Very High Probability of fighting for a National Championship each and every year. There are probably no more than 4 other programs in the country that can say that every year. When a kid Commits to one of the 5 Programs, they are concerned about Personal goals as well as Team goals................ We want those girls.

HGN AJAI may very well be one of those kids. All I KNOW IS THAT GENO MUST THINK SHE IS WORTH THE ATTENTION. He just got back from seeing her.
I HOPE WE GET HER.
ira

Reaction Score
Baloney. Remember the "X-Girl?" Up and coming meant nothing. At the last second Xylina chose North Carolina, and now she's getting squeezed by the megaclass led by Diamond DeShields.

Life takes weird bounces. I don't think half the kids in Division I wcbb foresaw exactly what would happen when they signed their LOIs.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Jeff Jacobs well would have run dry long ago if didn't do the same.
Case in point. Take a look at today's column.... or don't. I always have mixed feelings about driving traffic to one of Jeff's columns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom