Interesting boatshow read. | The Boneyard

Interesting boatshow read.

pj

Reaction Score
He was such a great Husky. Wish we could give him another three inches!

Reaction Score
Graduated with Boat. The toughest player to come through that program during my tenure there, played his damn heart out every game. Wish him nothing but the best.

I had a friend on the team tell me that Boat was the 'hoodest person he's ever met.' I always laugh thinking about that description.

Reaction Score
Wish we could give him another three inches!

Hey, man, keep your fantasies to yourself.

In earnest, he's an all-time Husky great who went through tremendous personal growth during his time here, maybe more than anyone else who's passed through. Hopefully the program can carry on his legacy of toughness -- wish he got to spend more time with the current players.

Reaction Score
Graduated with Boat. The toughest player to come through that program during my tenure there, played his damn heart out every game. Wish him nothing but the best.

I had a friend on the team tell me that Boat was the 'hoodest person he's ever met.' I always laugh thinking about that description.
Boat is pretty hood. If he never had basketball, it'd be hard not to end up on the wrong path. Always felt like he used his potentially angsty background as a swagger when he played.

Reaction Score
All the best to him. I sometimes shake my head watching the NBA and wonder how a guy like Boat didn't really get a chance when I see guys he abused in college playing. Sometimes it's all about timing - hopefully Boat's time will come!

Reaction Score
Boat is pretty hood. If he never had basketball, it'd be hard not to end up on the wrong path. Always felt like he used his potentially angsty background as a swagger when he played.
Wow

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Play him next to Ben Simmons in philly or wih Greek freak in mil. Two good fits imo

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Or he might have been fine. Had some good mentors and a tough-as-nails, committed mother.

Reaction Score
Boat had two things working against him
The NBA height bias was one but that had potential to be overcome if he had great PG skills to go along with his other incredible gifts.
He was a just an okay passer and really never saw the court in the way theKAs, Kembas, Bazzes and Adams do. A must of a 5'9" guy.
He probably never really had to acquire those skills because of his other attributes.
Watching film of him now, it seems he has come a long way in those areas.
I believe if he ever gets a shot he has a great chance of sticking.
In the meantime he is making very serious money and with his game he will be popular wereever he goes.
His move against Ky where his man totally lost him will forever be in my treasured memories. I think that move intimidated the Cats and except for some UConn foul trouble would have led to a blow-out.
His quote about Cuse leaving the Big East with a bad taste of UConn in their mouths is also classic.

Reaction Score
My favorite player of all time. The D he played during the title run was absolutely fantastic.
Boat flipped a switch late in that year. I always felt his willingness to finally play the role of Robin is what fueled that teams run in March. And yes, his defense during that tournament was nasty.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
He'll go down as an OG in the story ill tell.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
Can someone explain to me why Isaiah Thomas is in the league and Boat isn't ? I never saw Isaiah in college so was he a better player than Boat?

Reaction Score
Can someone explain to me why Isaiah Thomas is in the league and Boat isn't ? I never saw Isaiah in college so was he a better player than Boat?
Yes Isaiah has been a killer since high school, but I still think there's a place in the league for boat

Reaction Score

I've never seen video of IT in college, but with the caveat that stats are not the be all, end all here is how they compare in their last seasons (IT Junior Year vs. Boatright Senior Year)

IT: 16.8 PPG, 44.5 FG%, 34.9 3P%, 71.9 FT%, 6.1 APG, 1.3 SPG, 3 TO/g
Boat: 17.4 PPG, 42.3 FG%, 41.1 3P%, 85 FT%, 3.8 APG, 1.4 SPG, 2.4 TO/g

Someone else here mentioned it but it may have been the APG i.e. his ability to distribute that hurt him initially. I don't recall Boat ever getting much of a fair shake in the league but someone should be willing to give him a shot this summer given Boat is an excellent shooter, quick, and tough as nails.

As for the height comparison, DraftExpress had Isaiah at 5'9" w/o shoes at the Nets Workout and Boatright at 5'10" w/o shoes at the NBA Draft Combine.

Last edited:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

I mean, I hate to say it, but IT is a flat out better player.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I mean, I hate to say it, but IT is a flat out better player.

An All-NBA player is better than someone who couldn't stick with the worst team in the league?

Crazy talk.

You don't get 2 seasons playing 25 minutes a game as your chance. That's not how sports work.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom