Intelligence or lack thereof | The Boneyard

Intelligence or lack thereof

Status
Not open for further replies.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Is it just my impression, but is there just less hard news regarding the program than we have had in the past? Nothing much about practices, less coverage by the board of news stories, fewer features on individuals, not even monitoring of tweets (of which I disapprove, except when something important happens), less comments from the staff...et al.
Maybe its just me but I crave real news. Am I alone?

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Answering part of my own question; certain players were prognosticated by the press via the staff to assume certain roles in pre-season reports. When that did not work out precisely as planned, the staff decided to shut-up and let the components gel as they will, rather than putting extra pressure on fragile egos.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Another part of it- the kids were restricted from using Twitter from 10/15 until the end of the season.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Newspapers have cut back on staff writers so that you'll often see UConn beat writers covering other things such as high school or pro sports. Some papers seem to have limited coverage of some games (for example, road games) to AP articles. Such is today's world in the publishing industry.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
You can tell how hungry we are for serious news by the ways we devour on-the-scene and in-depth reports from Boneyarders. These days, those are the best things around.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Another part of it- the kids were restricted from using Twitter from 10/15 until the end of the season.

Omigod! That is cruel and inhuman! How are they going to know what their friends are doing? Sheesh. If the word on this gets out, Geno will never be able to recruit another teen phenom.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
When I saw the OP Title I was afraid that we were going to start requiring Stanford-Benet scores for admission to the Boneyard. It could become a very quiet place very quickly.

arty155

Post Poster
Reaction Score
When I saw the OP Title I was afraid that we were going to start requiring Stanford-Benet scores for admission to the Boneyard. It could become a very quiet place very quickly.
Yikes, that does sound scary. Fortunately ‘Yarders would now be able to depend on cardfan for those tough-to-get Stanford-Benet scores, right?

Stanford Benet Scores gif.gif

Reaction Score
Yikes, that does sound scary. Fortunately ‘Yarders would now be able to depend on cardfan for those tough-to-get Stanford-Benet scores, right?

Sheesh - how many times does Stanford play Benet in a season, anyway?

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
It seems everyone has jumped to attention to negate my complaint; Geno, Rich, Nan, HuskyFan. Jim; my goodness, the list is endless; thanks all.

Reaction Score
... Maybe its just me but I crave real news. Am I alone?

Looks like msf22b is jonesing on Husky news. You are alone only in your own unique way. Some of the 'Yarders here crave salmon in spawning season.

brooks-brown-bear_8203.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul