Insult to Pat | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Insult to Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Her response to go public is heroid and is exception and is different. Vast marjority of people chose to keep their illnesses private and this goes for famous and nonfamous people alike.

There is nothing you can do or say to knock her down. give up your being so selfish you are truly embarrassing yourself with the idea that her going public is somehow insulting to herself lol.

Going public is not heroic, it is a function of necessity. As the disease progresses it's presence will be more and more obvious. It was already obvious to some. It is the nature of the beast. I have watched families try to hide it and it rarely if ever is successful and is less likely to be so for one visible in the public arena whose act is noticed.

What is heroic is the battle she engages in everyday to maintain her dignity, but the same is true for every person and household touched by this disease. In other words Pat is no different in this regard from hundreds of thousands of others. I offered the example of three families I know who currently battle dementia. She has the opportunity to keep common bond with all these people.

The CBS piece like the ABC piece previously done by Robin Roberts overly focuses on Pat's battle unlike Jimmy V and Kay Yow who used their battle and publicity to focus the light on others in their battles. That is not Pat's fault but it is something she can ask others to avoid. if Pat does that for Alzheimer's she may well do something that impacts the lives of others on a scale greater than even her impact on WCBB.

Reaction Score
Going public is not heroic, it is a function of necessity. As the disease progresses it's presence will be more and more obvious. It was already obvious to some. It is the nature of the beast. I have watched families try to hide it and it rarely if ever is successful and is less likely to be so for one visible in the public arena whose act is noticed.

What is heroic is the battle she engages in everyday to maintain her dignity, but the same is true for every person and household touched by this disease. In other words Pat is no different in this regard from hundreds of thousands of others. I offered the example of three families I know who currently battle dementia. She has the opportunity to keep common bond with all these people.

The CBS piece like the ABC piece previously done by Robin Roberts overly focuses on Pat's battle unlike Jimmy V and Kay Yow who used their battle and publicity to focus the light on others in their battles. That is not Pat's fault but it is something she can ask others to avoid. if Pat does that for Alzheimer's she may well do something that impacts the lives of others on a scale greater than even her impact on WCBB.

is heroic to come forward because of people like you.

who will just brush it off as 'necessity' or her drawing attention to herself.

Its not as easy being famous as you think it is.

there are haters all over the place.

your judging her different then everyone else, maybe you could share why. Kay Yow did what different then summit has?

Reaction Score
What did kay yow do for cancer awareness that Summit hasn't done?

every game she coaches raises awareness

Reaction Score
Cusefan, I guess I was fine with every single word you said until you decided to psychoanalyze a fellow Board member and reached a conclusion that he hates Pat Summit and is dihonest. Now, perhaps you know the guy. Maybe you've hung out with him, hoisted a beer or two, have really gotten inside his head. In that case, I guess you can honestly say what you want about him. It might be painful and hard to take, but you're entitled.

However, I suspect this is not the situation, in which case you're simply leveling a personal attack against someone you don't really know at all in a rather pathetic attempt to bolster your argument. It's as if you really could come out on the winning side if you claim that the other guy not only hates Pat Summit, but is dishonest as well. Not so.

You know, I think I basically agree with the point you are making, but I would not give you two cents for the way you made it. You need to think a little before you wrap a serious, legitimate topic -- which this definitely is -- is a shroud of controversy and personal attack. It's over the top and will cause many people on this board to think less of you.

Reaction Score
i encourage them to think less of me

just shows a lack of perspective

icebear totally out of line...........but its the syracuses fans problem/fault

everyone who is a reasonable person agrees with me that summit in no way is taking from the struggles of millions of americans by people talking about her lol.

then there is the other 1% who see her and see red and it doesn't matter what she does it will never be ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom