Instead of moving the West Harford campus to Hartford, why not to East Hartford??? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Instead of moving the West Harford campus to Hartford, why not to East Hartford???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I'd point out that the recent Marist campus expansion has done wonders for Poughkeepsie.

If any of you think that Applebees' on Route 9 gets built without Marist, you are all crazy people. I mean, by God, they built a little tunnel under the road that goes straight to the restaurant!

The link between higher education and affordable fried foods has been proven.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I'd point out that the recent Marist campus expansion has done wonders for Poughkeepsie.

If any of you think that Applebees' on Route 9 gets built without Marist, you are all crazy people. I mean, by God, they built a little tunnel under the road that goes straight to the restaurant!

hartford has a popeyes and a longjohns, we could recruit georgia players like florida recruits tits.

Reaction Score

What is a Marist?
Shouldn't you be touting Vassar?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
It's relatively close by - I live in Dutchess County.

Our nine-year old is on a swim team and we're at Vassar or Marist weekly.

Reaction Score
It's relatively close by - I live in Dutchess County.

Our nine-year old is on a swim team and we're at Vassar or Marist weekly.

Graduated from Arlington HS played football for Tom Jackson 84-88

Reaction Score
hartford has a popeyes and a longjohns, we could recruit georgia players like ****ing florida recruits tits.

It would be a recruting boon if they put a Chik-Fil-A franchise on campus in Storrs!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
1) That's funny - I graduated from Arlington in '89. I live pretty close to the high school now.

2) Vassar kids dream of the day they can eat at Applebees. For whatever reason, there aren't a lot of food options around the Vassar campus - two very good restaurants right alongside campus, but you never see the kids there. Too expensive, I'd imagine. (Their best option is Billy Bob's BBQ, which dents the stereotype of the typical Vassar student.)

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
move the campus to pk. students can order tjs all night and get hammered at the dub. problem solved.

Reaction Score
1) That's funny - I graduated from Arlington in '89. I live pretty close to the high school now.

2) Vassar kids dream of the day they can eat at Applebees. For whatever reason, there aren't a lot of food options around the Vassar campus - two very good restaurants right alongside campus, but you never see the kids there. Too expensive, I'd imagine. (Their best option is Billy Bob's BBQ, which dents the stereotype of the typical Vassar student.)

Grew up in Scenic Hills right off of Noxon rd near Titusville rd. We ate at Tony's and there was adinner at the end of main st were 55 and 44 met.

Reaction Score
I worked in Harford in 89-90. Civic Pub was always packed with UConn students. Same faces I would see at Huskies and Ted's. Then somehow, a rash of stupidity took over. They replaced the Civic Pub with something useless. Replaced the 80's New Wave bar above it with something useless. Then they shut down Challenges, which was always crowded.
I don't mean to be the fact-checking police, but the Civic Pub became the enlarged Black-Eyed Sally's with a bigger better music stage and is still rockin, the bar upstairs became the Pig's Eye Pub which is still crowded with college kids and the only reason Challenges closed was because a bigger better Coach's Sports Bar opened two blocks away which I designed in 1993 and had a good 15 year run.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

I thought the Applebees was built for the crowds that come for the Walkway Over the Hudson.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I thought the Applebees was built for the crowds that come for the Walkway Over the Hudson.

No, they built the Walkway to cater to the crowds who come to Applebees.

The people from Highland were trying to swim across the Hudson to get to there, so we built a bridge because they were drowning at a pretty good clip - especially in winter.

pj

Reaction Score
Good think KO was given a contract, we kept Fishy from switching to the Marist board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom