Instead of First Night... | The Boneyard

Instead of First Night...

Reaction Score
Why no first night anymore?
Are you new here? :D Just this year due to roof replacement. School probably does not want to use the XL Center due to cost and not wanting to charge admission to fans because it is always free at Gampel.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I loved MM/First Night. The format never made a difference. It was a chance to see the new players and how they interacted with their team mates. The hour and a half drive each way was always worth it. Plus it gave me an opportunity to hit Reins Deli on the way.

The only regret with moving out of state is the difficult of going to this and games.

C

Chief00

Yes I don't believe this is happening but for the ceiling replacement...I would expect it to return to form next season...tarps in gampel were still up as of yesterday..

The coaches must be relieved this year, they don’t have this distraction and side show. But, I do agree the casual fans love this event, so it’s a balancing act.

C

Chief00

I loved MM/First Night. The format never made a difference. It was a chance to see the new players and how they interacted with their team mates. The hour and a half drive each way was always worth it. Plus it gave me an opportunity to hit Reins Deli on the way.

The only regret with moving out of state is the difficult of going to this and games.

Reins Deli is definitely a tie breaker in a decision. What state did you move to?

Reaction Score
Probably just nostalgia, but I liked the original Midnight Madness format a lot better. I have (vague) memories from the late 90's and early 00's, when I was still in school, of going to Ted's and getting quite lubricated before heading over to watch at Gampel.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Reins Deli is definitely a tie breaker in a decision. What state did you move to?
NC via SC. Making my way back.:cool:

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
As per Chief’s request

F̶i̶r̶e̶ ̶C̶o̶a̶c̶h̶ ̶M̶i̶l̶l̶e̶r̶
F̶i̶r̶e̶ ̶T̶r̶a̶v̶i̶s̶ ̶I̶l̶l̶i̶a̶n̶
̶G̶e̶t̶ ̶r̶i̶d̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶F̶i̶r̶s̶t̶ ̶N̶i̶g̶h̶t̶
Hire Bunkey to replace Calhoun as Program Advisor

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Probably just nostalgia, but I liked the original Midnight Madness format a lot better. I have (vague) memories from the late 90's and early 00's, when I was still in school, of going to Ted's and getting quite lubricated before heading over to watch at Gampel.

I liked it too actually. I could do without the coed scrimmage, not for some Chiefian hurts-the-team agenda, but simply because it's not that fun to watch.

I liked things kicking off at midnight, mostly just drunk students looking to get loud.

C

Chief00

Yes, the coaches must be relieved to not have to deal with this great recruiting event this year.

FYI - The Recruiting of the last month was better than any period in the last few years.

So maybe it’s not the great recruiting event that you think it is.

Reaction Score
Yes, the coaches must be relieved to not have to deal with this great recruiting event this year.
Serious question...have we ever signed a recruit that we hosted at First Night?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I just love that nobody knows what "Blaze" means and that whenever someone asks, Chief says he explained it in a thread that he claims the admins deleted.

To recap for interested parties: Chief is pretending he got lunch with Raphael Chillious at Blaze Pizza and "refined" a recruiting strategy with him over a pie.

Pathetic.

Last edited:
C

Chief00

I'm pretty sure Drummond and Enoch attended First Night.

Drummond committed in August - about 10 months after First Night (if he attended that year - I can’t recall since Chief doesn’t go), hardly a catalyst.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom