Inside the gym w/Evina Westbrook | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Inside the gym w/Evina Westbrook

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
The NCAA decision denying Collins's petition raises an interesting question. Has the NCAA ever ruled differently on players' waiver petitions from the same school. I seem to recall the NCAA did that with Oregon transfers and perhaps Florida State. One would hope the NCAA would decide each case on its own merit.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The NCAA decision denying Collins's petition raises an interesting question. Has the NCAA ever ruled differently on players' waiver petitions from the same school. I seem to recall the NCAA did that with Oregon transfers and perhaps Florida State. One would hope the NCAA would decide each case on its own merit.
Presumably the school the player is leaving matters. Does the school the player is moving to make a difference? Other than Notre Dame, of course. ;)

Reaction Score
At Oregon, I believe Anneli Maley, Sierra Campisano, and Mallory McGwire all transferred from Oregon after the 17-18 season, Maley was a freshman and Campisano and McGwire were sophomores.

Maley recevied immediate eligibility at TCU (but quickly left), while I don’t believe either McGwire or Campisano applied for waivers, I’m not 100%.

I know at Ole Miss, one of the players who transferred to Troy (where she was from) recevied a waiver, while Promise Taylor’s to Mississippi State was denied.

I definitely think/hope they look at them on a case-by-case basis.

Reaction Score
Collins never requested a waiver.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Collins never requested a waiver.

I questioned that myself as I don't recall seeing confirmation that she had.

The Baltimore Sun reporter seems to think she had and it was denied. Are you saying he's assuming too much?

Reaction Score
I questioned that myself as I don't recall seeing confirmation that she had.

The Baltimore Sun reporter seems to think she had and it was denied. Are you saying he's assuming too much?
Further confirmation she at least planned on doing so:
“Collins has three seasons of eligibility remaining. She plans to seek a waiver from the NCAA that would enable her to play for Maryland immediately. Without the waiver, Collins would need to sit out the 2019-20 season.”

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
“Collins has three seasons of eligibility remaining. She plans to seek a waiver from the NCAA that would enable her to play for Maryland immediately. Without the waiver, Collins would need to sit out the 2019-20 season.”

Yes, I did see those stories. That's why I (and others) assumed she did petition for a waiver

Reaction Score
I have 1st hand knowledge that Collins did not request a waiver it was decided months ago that she would redshirt. Where does it mention in the recent article that she was "denied" a waiver.

Reaction Score
Remember when TN helped deny Te’a Cooper of her waiver. Wouldn’t be shocked if the same thing happens here.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Remember when TN helped deny Te’a Cooper of her waiver. Wouldn’t be shocked if the same thing happens here.

Cooper’s circumstances were very, very different.

And I’d argue that Collins’ and Westbrook’s circumstances are different.

Be patient and vilify them when it’s time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom