Inside The Greatest Collapse In Baseball History | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Inside The Greatest Collapse In Baseball History

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
They had one thing in common. The FO of both teams went to the press to try to diminish their employee to make them look bad.
One of them in response to the player doing the same AND on the record. One out of spite, anonymously.

Reaction Score
Also the Yankees and their fans are not destined for shrines because their biggest rivals had a September.
You're right, it goes a lot deeper than that, obviously. A September was just a symptom of a larger problem.

Reaction Score
They have a hard cap in the NFL, you know that, right ? Whether or not they have the most revenue is no relevant to the total player salaries. And you'll note I listed both salary AND talent. Just because they gave too much money to players past their prime in some cases does not even put them in the conversation for "best" team. By that measure, we should be talking about how the Isaiah Thomas Knicks and their massive payroll as one of the best teams in the NBA, which they clearly were not. We're talking about the on-field failures of teams with the most accumulated talent. Lumping a mediocre team with losing records in with the 2011 Red Sox is idiotic.

And for the record, the Cowboys are often at teh top of the list in salary, if only because of their available revenues. But according to USA Today, for the 2009-10 season, as one example, they come in at #29. I was able to find data back in 2002, as well, when the average team was at $59 Million. Dallas was #4 in the league at $71 Million, so you seem to be confusing the wide disparity in team payrolls in MLB with the NFL where no such disparity exists.

Thanks for the education on the NFL salary cap. Wasn't aware of that. The one thing I am not confused about is that the Cowboys have been mismanaged and have underperformed for more than a decade. They suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman
Top Bottom