Insanity Defined | The Boneyard

Insanity Defined

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Blah, blah, blah doing same thing, expect different results.
Team needs a shake up or tonight's performance will be repeated often for the remainder of the season.
Josh is a slow starter and only gets it in gear occasionally. I like Whaley's energy better. Even if Whaley falls down shooting foul line jumpers.
I like Gaff the game with AG and CV. He can control them better.
I"d shake it up and start Gaff, CV, AG, Akok and Whaley. Polley, Bouk, Adams and Carlton are the bench.
AGis so bad going to the hoop and his over penetration and misses makes for an unbalanced court leading to transition hoops for opponent.
Vital tried tonight but foul trouble was the lim fac.
Akok's block, sprint and alley oop dunk brought back memories of Donyell. That was special.
Bouk played aggressive. Both those floaters in the lane were nice but didn't drop.
One of the assistants needs to be able to get to Hurley. Loyalty to players is an asset and a liability. Dan still has to learn how to walk that line with this team.

Reaction Score
Blah, blah, blah doing same thing, expect different results.
Team needs a shake up or tonight's performance will be repeated often for the remainder of the season.
Josh is a slow starter and only gets it in gear occasionally. I like Whaley's energy better. Even if Whaley falls down shooting foul line jumpers.
I like Gaff the game with AG and CV. He can control them better.
I"d shake it up and start Gaff, CV, AG, Akok and Whaley. Polley, Bouk, Adams and Carlton are the bench.
AGis so bad going to the hoop and his over penetration and misses makes for an unbalanced court leading to transition hoops for opponent.
Vital tried tonight but foul trouble was the lim fac.
Akok's block, sprint and alley oop dunk brought back memories of Donyell. That was special.
Bouk played aggressive. Both those floaters in the lane were nice but didn't drop.
One of the assistants needs to be able to get to Hurley. Loyalty to players is an asset and a liability. Dan still has to learn how to walk that line with this team.

Who is scoring the basket here outside CV? Gaff/Whaley are basically non threats on offense. AG cant shoot the ball well enough to go to him more than some drives when he doesnt turn it over. I love Akok and what he brings but dont think he's at the place to carry the team offensively.

Reaction Score
Who is scoring the basket here outside CV? Gaff/Whaley are basically non threats on offense. AG cant shoot the ball well enough to go to him more than some drives when he doesnt turn it over. I love Akok and what he brings but dont think he's at the place to carry the team offensively.

Did Tyler score? Did he get a shot up?

Reaction Score
We need a point guard that can get us into our offense. So many times Gilbert plays with the ball letting 15-20 seconds off the shot clock and then we are left scrambling. Our pg needs to run the team - I do think we need a lineup change. Akok, Vital, Bouk (with Gilbert and Carlton most likely) should be starting, let Polley come off the bench, maybe it’ll light a fire under him. Tonight was sickening to watch. How can we expect to win these games when we get behind so much within the first few minutes..time for a change.

Reaction Score
Did Tyler score? Did he get a shot up?
Didn’t score. Cinci did a great job of not letting him catch and shoot. He took 3 or 4 contested 3s and was a complete non factor.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't start Gilbert or Gaffney. I would go Adams, Vital, and Book with Akok and Carlton(or Whaley
This is the best starting 5. Adams Vital Book Akok Whaley. Bring Carlton in if Whaley struggles with his man, but I've never been so nervous watching a player dribble the ball than when Carlton is trying to make a post move.

Reaction Score
Didn’t score. Cinci did a great job of not letting him catch and shoot. He took 3 or 4 contested 3s and was a complete non factor.

They did but he was never coming off a pick, ever. Can we run something for him once in a while? And Bouk too when in instead of watching him go one-on-one all the time? Run some set plays for our shooters please, we don't have many!

Reaction Score
They did but he was never coming off a pick, ever. Can we run something for him once in a while? And Bouk too when in instead of watching him go one-on-one all the time? Run some set plays for our shooters please, we don't have many!
I agree on Bouk. Run some baseline screens like JC used to run with Rip and Lamb. Other than an occasional alley oop, DH never calls plays for Bouk and that’s just not acceptable. If it’s not catch and shoot, Polley’s value is essentially nothing.

Reaction Score
I’m watching Marquette and Creighton knock down open shots. We don’t have a single player that you know will hit it if open. Polley is the closest to that, but he has no idea how to get open.

That is why we have to rely on lock-down defense to win games and when the defense doesn't dictate this we are screwed. Defense tonight was ok, but not good enough to offset the offense.

Reaction Score
Rebounding is a mindset and a commitment that starts before the ball goes up fighting for position.

Yep, he doesn't have mindset to be a good rebounder. And that mindset, passivity, gets in the way of him getting position or demanding the ball.

pj

Reaction Score
I wouldn't start Gilbert or Gaffney. I would go Adams, Vital, and Book with Akok and Carlton(or Whaley

Ouch. Turnover city.

Gaffney and Bouk have a lot to work on starting with defense, so you can't just hand them a full load of minutes, but they should be steadily ramped up in minutes and responsibilities.

Then let Polley, Vital, Gilbert, Adams fight it out for the other perimeter minutes.

Not much we can do on the interior, we only have 3 players so they all have to play. Just try to coach them up.

Reaction Score
Rebounding is a mindset and a commitment that starts before the ball goes up fighting for position.
I strongly agree! Boxing/Blocking Out starts just before or right after the ball leaves the shooter's hands. This is one concept that our guys cannot seem to grasp.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Makes it even crazier huh? Like the kid and I know he's thin but there's a lot of thin tough people out there who like to scrap, need him to be one of those. He's long too rebounding should be fun for him, just timing and hitting first.
Roscoe was almost as skinny, but he had the knack for the boards. That kid could scrap with the biggest of them.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Roscoe was almost as skinny, but he had the knack for the boards. That kid could scrap with the biggest of them.

Roscoe, Marcus White and Adrien were the three most natural rebounders in past 15 years. Akok is going to join that group. Akok not only has a nose for the rebound, he is quickest off his feet to high point the ball.

Reaction Score
I strongly agree! Boxing/Blocking Out starts just before or right after the ball leaves the shooter's hands. This one concept that our guys cannot seem to grasp.
EXACTLY! Carlton is absolutely HORRIBLE at this. If he simply used his size and feet appropriately he'd be good for 10 boards a game. He has size but lacks athleticism but he tries to play like hes an athletic big when he should be playing like a big bruising big man. I think it may just be hes too soft. DuJuan Blair anyone? Bill Curley? Those guys were terrific bigs who lacked athleeticsm but had some skills and were tougher than a two dollar steak.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom