Inquiring minds want to know... | The Boneyard

Inquiring minds want to know...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
...why does everyone top out at 590 trophy points? Seems kinda low...

AND, can I use them to buy things at HSC.com?

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
That's to keep us all in line, prevent bragging and protect everyone's self esteem.
I've heard the mods have a secret trophy point report they share only among themselves and with the government.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Of course, if it's your brother you give him extra trophy points. ;)

arty155

Post Poster
Reaction Score
-Wait.
-I thought Trophy Points were like Original Sin. Right?. I mean...
-We got them for just showing up.
-We got them even if we’ve never even touched an apple (being PC won’t save you here).
-And now just look at yourself… you can’t deny your frailty; it is you, and you alone, who daily yields to temptation to visit here, wondering aimlessly, typing with idle hands...
-Genesis of the Boneyard? Oh, sure I admit I’ve never read up on it,... but you’ll never, never convince me the Boneyard didn’t originate during the Fall (‘cuz that’ starts football & BB season, right?) Coincidence?!?? :confused:

[Bottom Line: So, please, somebody tell Rev IceBear contemplating even a temporary hiatus/hibernation thing so far just isn't working so out well for guys like me. Come baaaaaaaaaack......]

Last edited:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I"m glad we don't actually earn points...life is very hard as it is....good to have one place where we don't have to "compete" against each other.
Oh we're competing alright. There's a list (rankings). Very few know about it, but there's a list. And no I've never actually seen the list but I have heard you get points for: posts, likes, using sarcasm, using humor, artwork, making fun of TN, welcoming new posters, praising mods, posting in a game thread, providing links, having a cool avatar.
You lose points for: missing sarcasm, correcting Tony's spelling, supporting TN, falling for one of UconnHenry's pranks, pissing off mods, pulling a Shan, being responsible for sending threads to the Cesspool.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Oh we're competing alright. There's a list (rankings). Very few know about it, but there's a list. And no I've never actually seen the list but I have heard you get points for: posts, likes, using sarcasm, using humor, artwork, making fun of TN, welcoming new posters, praising mods, posting in a game thread, providing links, having a cool avatar.
You lose points for: missing sarcasm, correcting Tony's spelling, supporting TN, falling for one of UconnHenry's pranks, pissing off mods, pulling a Shan, being responsible for sending threads to the Cesspool.

Sorry to be obtuse, what is pulling a Shan?? (If that is okay to ask...)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Sorry to be obtuse, what is pulling a Shan?? (If that is okay to ask...)
Shan was a lovely TN poster from years ago that used to come on here about a week after we had "discussed" some topic to death and start a new thread with some "new" "just found out" information. For instance, if he was around today he'd probably be starting a thread "USA Women Win the World Championships".

Reaction Score
Oh there's more points. You just haven't reached that level yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom