Injury Updates | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Injury Updates

Reaction Score
FWIW, a player being sore, having a sore ankle or a hang nail is not an injury. Hopefully they are going hard in practive this time of year, so I would expect them the be sore and tired.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Rumor I heard is that training staff thinks it's scar tissue. No structural damage. They are working with surgeon and they are being cautious because kid wants to play through it. Get him healthy.

7j8jZ_s-200x150.gif

C

Chief00

At some point a pattern becomes a problem... We've had a 'freak' amount of injuries the last couple years which have to be traced back to something. Not sure where else to look than S&C, and I'm no medical professional, but this just seems inordinate at this point.

Agreed. A poor S&C program increases your risk of injury as does a poor flow style basketball scheme.

Reaction Score
Rumor I heard is that training staff thinks it's scar tissue. No structural damage. They are working with surgeon and they are being cautious because kid wants to play through it. Get him healthy.
I m a surgeon but not ortho. This sounds right, the scar tissue post op is not that uncommon. Generally improves witn time, needs nsaids n physical therapy. Might get steroid injection here n there. Could also require arthroscopic surgery in the off season to scrap some scar tissue off. Prognsis is not bad at all

C

Chief00

My concern is Gilbert’s activity - driving recklessly into the lane - is not part of a regular shoulder patient post surgery recovery. It doesn’t end well.

Reaction Score
This is ridiculous, I can't remember a stretch of years like this where we have experienced soo many injuries.

Ok, who stole Jobu's rum?!!!
"soo many injuries."
True but the only long term injury that concerns me is Gilbert's. The rest are not season ending like last year.

Reaction Score
"soo many injuries."
True but the only long term injury that concerns me is Gilbert's. The rest are not season ending like last year.

I mean let's be honest they're a much better team with Alterique and it doesn't look good. Another scary situation is Terry, he always seems to be twisting or tweaking something, seems somewhat frail and that is a concern.

Reaction Score
Except for Gilbert this year these injuries are no big deal and are not out of the ordinary. Time to suck it up and move on. Last year was a different story and Gilbert is just a continuation of his same problem.

Reaction Score
My assumption is Gilbert will unfortunately not be a significant contributor at all for UConn at any point ever due to his shoulder. For his sake, I hope I'm completely wrong.

Reaction Score
I m a surgeon but not ortho. This sounds right, the scar tissue post op is not that uncommon. Generally improves witn time, needs nsaids n physical therapy. Might get steroid injection here n there. Could also require arthroscopic surgery in the off season to scrap some scar tissue off. Prognsis is not bad at all
Exactly. Well stated dr.

I’m Still not a surgeon. But not bad.

Reaction Score
Gilbert should have been recruited over.

Only for our program are incoming recruits scared off by mediocre and unreliable players.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom