Injury/Recovery updates: | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Injury/Recovery updates:

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Sigh. And another - Daphane White, (GS), Jackson State, announced she tore her YKW.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
TCU point guard Jaden Owens suffered a torn anterior cruciate ligament and meniscus in her right knee and will miss the remainder of the 2023-24 season.
!@#$%^&*&^%$#@!

Reaction Score
TCU point guard Jaden Owens suffered a torn anterior cruciate ligament and meniscus in her right knee and will miss the remainder of the 2023-24 season.
!@#$%^&*&^%$#@!
I second that.

Reaction Score
!@#$%^&*&^%$#@!
Darn darn darn! This has to be the worst season for injuries yet.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
In the words of Mars Blackmon, it's gotta be the shoes.
No GIF

Reaction Score
Darn darn darn! This has to be the worst season for injuries yet.
Is it?

We are tracking them in this thread so it really, really looks bad. But I wonder how it compares with previous seasons when we didn’t have a thread tracking it.

I will admit that it looks bad this year but I would like to see a study done that compares seasons. Has there been a steady rise over the last 5/10 reasons? Is this year an anomaly?

The NCAA needs to commission a study

Reaction Score
Is it?

We are tracking them in this thread so it really, really looks bad. But I wonder how it compares with previous seasons when we didn’t have a thread tracking it.

I will admit that it looks bad this year but I would like to see a study done that compares seasons. Has there been a steady rise over the last 5/10 reasons? Is this year an anomaly?

The NCAA needs to commission a study
Clearly my statement is anecdotal based on the posts, but there seems to be more of an epidemic this year.

Agreed the NCAA should examine the issue closely.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
!@#$%^&*&^%$#@!

Dag... and this is her fifth year... hate to see someone's college career end like this :(

Reaction Score
Clearly my statement is anecdotal based on the posts, but there seems to be more of an epidemic this year.

Agreed the NCAA should examine the issue closely.

This is beyond the NCAA and personally, I don't think they'd put the effort in considering which sports bring in most of the revenue.

The data is out there. Question is whether those at the grassroots level (HS, AAU coaches and trainers) are willing to take a step back and review how they do things. If you can help impact how players train and move their bodies as they grow into them, it could go a long way to help minimize some of these injuries.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Boo and hiss to this news. She's had enough knee injuries to last a lifetime and now an ankle requiring surgery. Hate hearing this.
I'm not Liking the news, just that you replied to it and I concur with your statement

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Injury bug strikes another star. Cameron Brink left 6 minutes into the game tonight due to an apparent leg injury. Here's hoping it isn't anything serious.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Boo and hiss to this news. She's had enough knee injuries to last a lifetime and now an ankle requiring surgery. Hate hearing this.
Tweet wont load. Who is this in reference to?

Reaction Score
Injury bug strikes another star. Cameron Brink left 6 minutes into the game tonight due to an apparent leg injury. Here's hoping it isn't anything serious.
She’s my favorite player who’s not a Husky. Love this kid and hope it’s not serious.

Reaction Score
News from Down Under

Former UCLA commit Gemma Porter returning to play in WNBL after two ACL's. Instagram post.

Former Syracuse player Tania Mangakahia update. Website article.
Thanks for sharing these articles. Especially Mangakahia's as I've been curious as to how she has been doing. Glad to see she's found a way to stay in the sport and is fighting. Prayers to her and her family.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom