Ines playing for Portugal’s U20 team | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ines playing for Portugal’s U20 team

Reaction Score
I will have to see if they have the game on YouTube, but I am sure once they get use to each other's patterns, things will get worked out. It is kind of like a pickup game at the local park or YMCA, 3x3 or 5x5 setting, you just have to figure out your role on the team

I will have to see if they have the game on YouTube, but I am sure once they get use to each other's patterns, things will get worked out. It is kind of like a pickup game at the local park or YMCA, 3x3 or 5x5 setting, you just have to figure out your role on the team.
I agree about the passing "mismatches" between INES and her teammates (i.e. they needed more time playing together to prepare).
I saw quite a few teammates mishandling very fine passes from INES, and many "assists" that INES never got because of
failed "bunnies" and other makable conversions. On another line of thought I believed that INES would be one
of the IRISH's primary Point Guards . not so in the first two games. I'm curious how GONZAGA will use INES
next fall.

Reaction Score
fyi Only FIVE Undefeated teams left in the TOURNAMENT. GROUP A: IRELAND and CZECHIA BOTH 2 -0 WITH 4 POINTS
GROUP B Ukraine 2-0 4 points GROUP C Belgium 2-0 4 points and Group D Netherland 2- 0 4 points.
Top team in GROUP A (after tomorrow 's games) plays the second ranked team in GROUP B, My guess is that will be Iceland or Bulgaria
This will be the " easiest " pathway for IRELAND, but they need to Beat Czechia to do it! If Ireland loses they still will be
the second best team in GROUP A, but they must then play the "best" team in GROUP B, which will be designated the " B1 "
opponent, I'm confident that Ukraine kills Austria in Group B tomorrow and therefore Ukraine will be the B 1 team in the next round.
SO... tomorrow is not just a game, it is a BIG game for the next level of seeding. Win or Lose Ireland will be in
the TOP (preferred ) side of future matchups. But, the better chance to get to the MEDAL round is to WIN .. TOMORROW.!

Reaction Score
Portugal has a pretty scrappy team. Montenegro got some height! If those players stay with it and keep improving, I can see a few of them playing D1 ball.

Reaction Score
fyi Only FIVE Undefeated teams left in the TOURNAMENT. GROUP A: IRELAND and CZECHIA BOTH 2 -0 WITH 4 POINTS
GROUP B Ukraine 2-0 4 points GROUP C Belgium 2-0 4 points and Group D Netherland 2- 0 4 points.
Top team in GROUP A (after tomorrow 's games) plays the second ranked team in GROUP B, My guess is that will be Iceland or Bulgaria
This will be the " easiest " pathway for IRELAND, but they need to Beat Czechia to do it! If Ireland loses they still will be
the second best team in GROUP A, but they must then play the "best" team in GROUP B, which will be designated the " B1 "
opponent, I'm confident that Ukraine kills Austria in Group B tomorrow and therefore Ukraine will be the B 1 team in the next round.
SO... tomorrow is not just a game, it is a BIG game for the next level of seeding. Win or Lose Ireland will be in
the TOP (preferred ) side of future matchups. But, the better chance to get to the MEDAL round is to WIN .. TOMORROW.!
Of course I got my Tournament confused! This was for Ireland, Gandy Malou-Mamel and the B division! GO "A" division Portugal and INES!

Reaction Score
Of course I got my Tournament confused! This was for Ireland, Gandy Malou-Mamel and the B division! GO "A" division Portugal and INES!
With so many tournaments going on at the moment, it is totally understandable where the confusion would come into play. I am wishing Ines and her Portugal team all the best. Hopefully their coach can learn to relax a little out there. All that yelling and hand gesturing. Jeez.

Reaction Score
I agree about the passing "mismatches" between INES and her teammates (i.e. they needed more time playing together to prepare).
I saw quite a few teammates mishandling very fine passes from INES, and many "assists" that INES never got because of
failed "bunnies" and other makable conversions. On another line of thought I believed that INES would be one
of the IRISH's primary Point Guards . not so in the first two games. I'm curious how GONZAGA will use INES
next fall.
We must remember that Ines has had two years of coaching at Uconn I expect far above that of her teammates

Reaction Score
The match against Spain is on Youtube now.

A tough match for Ines and the whole Portugal team, against a Spain team of a much higher standard. According to the FIBA tournament website, Spain has 4 players in its ranks who play in the USA in div.1, #7 Carla Brito, #12 Marina Asensio, #17 Judith Valero, who are with USF as well as Daniella Ikponmwosa with Wichita State.

Reaction Score

A tough match for Ines and the whole Portugal team, against a Spain team of a much higher standard. According to the FIBA tournament website, Spain has 4 players in its ranks who play in the USA in div.1, #7 Carla Brito, #12 Marina Asensio, #17 Judith Valero, who are with USF as well as Daniella Ikponmwosa with Wichita State.
Spain is just a tough squad period!

Reaction Score
A lost for PORTUGAL playing against Lithuania in Vilnius, Lithuania.
Ines led her team in minutes, points, and efficiency.
Stats for INES: Playing time: 36 minutes17 SECS with 20 POINTS ON
50 % FIELD GOAL SHOOTING 7/14, SHE
WAS 4/6 FROM 2 POINT RANGE (66.7%) AND 3/8
ON SHE THREE POINTERS (37.5 %), and THREE FOR FOUR
ON Free throws. Three rebounds, four assists,
3 personal fouls, three turnovers, and three steals
with an of 19... A busy day for our girl!
Unfortunately, after outscoring the Lithuanians
21 to 14 in the third and a lead of 62 to 54 at
6 minutes and 37 seconds in the fourth ... KABOOM!
The home team had a 4th quarter ending run of
22 to 6 to win 76 - 68. Lithuania was determined,
Portugal could not buy a basket. Ines made two
free throws late to close the gap to
70 - 68 and then .... that was that... a TOUGH,
Tough LOSS!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads