Ines playing for Portugal’s U20 team | The Boneyard

Ines playing for Portugal’s U20 team

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

Majic Hands

https://www.neumi.com/jkvetter
Reaction Score
Ines is playing for Portugal’s U20 team. Today, they take on Sweden.

Thank You!

Haven’t opened the link yet to get specifics. But, I will. Hopefully, I’ll get to see the kid play a few minutes or maybe a lot of minutes . :)

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Thank You!

Haven’t opened the link yet to get specifics. But, I will. Hopefully, I’ll get to see the kid play a few minutes or maybe a lot of minutes . :)
The game is in the middle of Q3. Sweden is supposedly a very good team and has 6’6” NC State signee Tilda Trygger playing center

IMG_3087.jpeg

Majic Hands

https://www.neumi.com/jkvetter
Reaction Score
Ines now has the second most rebounds for Portugal. She still has that UConn mindset :)
Caught the last part of Q3. Looking up the team saw her number is 8. Quick Look at the stats didn’t sparkle.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I think any of the top 10 U.S. high school squads could beat either one of these teams. So many dreadful shots

Ines was on the bench while I was watching

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Ines was the most active and energetic player on the court, IMO. She made a couple goofy plays but some terrific ones, too. Sweden was guarding her pretty closely so Ines must be considered one of the better players. It’s unfortunate Portugal made that furious comeback to lose by 1 point

IMG_3089.jpeg

Reaction Score
Yes. I only saw the last quarter. But when Portugal were behind and trying to catch up, Ines played well and almost helped them get there. Without her energy and a few really good plays, I don't think it would have been that close.

Reaction Score
Yes. I only saw the last quarter. But when Portugal were behind and trying to catch up, Ines played well and almost helped them get there. Without her energy and a few really good plays, I don't think it would have been that close.
Didn't IRELAND play in a tournament just prior to the current competition with a game
against SWEDEN?? If so, that bodes well for IRELAND in the "B" Division losing in
a Prep game to Sweden, which is playing in the "A" division, and just squeak by
INES and the Portugues team. It does not pay to get into a big hole... But a great
effort by Ines and TEAM PORTUAL. It appears that they ganged up on INES and
that Gandy also was double and tripled team.. Later games will tell the tale of TALENT!
Some good basketball ahead!!

Reaction Score
May someone remind me what school is Ines going to next year. I really give her props choosing to play at Uconn in the first place. I genuinely wish her the absolute best on her next chapter.
She's going to Gonzaga. My niece is there and I've told her Ines is fun to watch, so there will be at least one member of the Dog Pound cheering for her.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
One thing I noticed in the game against Sweden is that Inês’s teammates weren’t always ready for her passes. On a few occasions, she’d drive and look for a teammate to cut and instead they’d run towards her, or they’d move to set a screen and find the ball in their hands. I think this is just an artifact of not having had a lot practice time together. Inês was playing a more sophisticated offense than her teammates seemed to be ready for. I suspect they’ll have gotten the message next game. If they can play up to Inês’s level, Portugal can be formidable.

One other observation, Clara Silva has a nice midrange game.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
One thing I noticed in the game against Sweden is that Inês’s teammates weren’t always ready for her passes. On a few occasions, she’d drive and look for a teammate to cut and instead they’d run towards her, or they’d move to set a screen and find the ball in their hands. I think this is just an artifact of not having had a lot practice time together. Inês was playing a more sophisticated offense than her teammates seemed to be ready for. I suspect they’ll have gotten the message next game. If they can play up to Inês’s level, Portugal can be formidable.

Clara Silva was a UConn player of interest at one point

Reaction Score

I will have to see if they have the game on YouTube, but I am sure once they get use to each other's patterns, things will get worked out. It is kind of like a pickup game at the local park or YMCA, 3x3 or 5x5 setting, you just have to figure out your role on the team.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I will have to see if they have the game on YouTube, but I am sure once they get use to each other's patterns, things will get worked out. It is kind of like a pickup game at the local park or YMCA, 3x3 or 5x5 setting, you just have to figure out your role on the team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackruy1

Top Bottom