Indiana Uconn 2pm est Saturday | The Boneyard

Indiana Uconn 2pm est Saturday

Reaction Score
If anyone was curious when the next game was on. Will be on Espn, but imo they missed an opportunity to have this game on Abc.

Reaction Score
What is Indiana like? Haven't seen them play yet. One of those solid everywhere teams? Will UConn play the regular expanded line-up with more time for Caroline and Nika? Any particular weaknesses to their game?

Reaction Score
What is Indiana like? Haven't seen them play yet. One of those solid everywhere teams? Will UConn play the regular expanded line-up with more time for Caroline and Nika? Any particular weaknesses to their game?
It’s Indiana. Basketball the way it was taught decades ago. We’ll see some physicality but certainly not what we saw last night.

Reaction Score
Should be an up tempo free flowing game. Indiana can put 5 scorers on the floor and they run a motion type offense. Should be a good test for the Huskies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Other game at noon or four?
ND/NC State...both are looking good in the tourney.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Indiana is another experienced, well coached team. They play an entirely different style of basketball than UCF, involving motion offense and man-to-man defense.

The Hoosiers struggled mightily with Princeton yesterday before finally prevailing. IMO, UConn is more athletic and talented than Indiana.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Other game at noon or four?
ND/NC State...both are looking good in the tourney.
ND vs NC State is the early game, starting at 11:30 am.

Reaction Score
The ND who had 60 points at halftime last night and scored over 100 for the game is the same team that, quite recently, was down 41-4 in a game at home. Can't extrapolate too much from one game, anything can happen on any given night.

Reaction Score
Very physical and really good team basketball, not like Ucf who takes 30 seconds to decide to shoot. They are kind of a pest, but I mean that in a respectful manner. Caitlin Clark was definitely annoyed by one of their defenders this past season lol. I expect another close game and this was a tough matchup to predict. I thought before the season Indiana was a final 4 contender, but the injury to one of their best players they looked bad in the month of February. She looks healthy so it's definitely going to be interesting this game definitely excites me.

Reaction Score
Hoosier's rotation was 6 players and one player (Waggoner being # 7 with one minute)
Usually four players in double figures: Berger 15 ppg, Glube 12 ppg, and Cardano-Hillary
and Patberg at 11. 7 ppg. Most significantly they are mature squad = two graduate players =
Cardano Hillary and Patberg and Berger and Gulbe are seniors. Mackenzie is the POST and
is a Junior. She is 6'3 . Gulbe is also 6' 3".
Generally speaking, in big games, you have to contain Grace Berger. a 6' 0" Guard , # 34.
So IMO UCONN wins if they defend Berger well and win the Boards with our
greater height 6' 5" 6' 5" 6 ' 3" and 6' 2" ( you know who they are !)
I'm working on my Prosnostication! GO HUSKIES! Z

Reaction Score
ugh the ESPN viewing experience leaves a lot to be desired. But at least we can watch it I guess
We had the same terrible broadcast team for the ABC and ESPN games. I'm afraid we're stuck with them. I wish they would assign Doris Burke.

Reaction Score
ESPN definitely has its shortcomings when broadcasting these games. But ESPN does deserve some credit for scheduling all 8 games on ESPN & ESPN2 with games on each channel 2.5 hours apart. No ESPNU or ESPNews & very little chance of games overlapping with this widespread schedule.
Unfortunately, nothing can be done about the nonstop chatter overlapping the play by play. That's too much to ask!

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score

Solid everywhere, not spectacular at anything in particular. They flop, a LOT. Will likely only play 6 so UCONN has a big depth advantage if Geno decides to utilize it, though I expect he'll stick a smaller lineup if it's a close game.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
A bit of trivia: Cardano Hillary played three years at George Mason. In her Freshman season, 2017-2018, she teamed up with Natalie Butler.

Small world.
That is a good bit of trivia. Looked up their stats and Butler averaged 19.2 points and 16.6 rebounds, Cardano-Hillary averaged 17.8 ppg (though on 34.7% Fg). Looks like George Mason took a big dip once Butler left, and then completely plummeted once NCH left, going 3-19 in 2020-21.

Reaction Score
A well coached Princeton squad held Indiana to 56 points. We should be a little tougher to score on I would think. I am optimistic that we will be able to muster up a score somewhere north of 70. Just a few made layups would get us there also I would be shocked if Dorka gets another 0-fer.

Reaction Score
This would seem to be a great game to use our depth. It's tough to shoot the ball in the 4th quarter when you are exhausted. I hope they do play all 9 in the rotation this game. I think it probably works. They have 5 one thousand point scorers on that team. Gotta guard everyone. Very skilled. A veteran team with one player having played 7 years now. Got to extend the defense to the 3 point line but if we do they have lots of players who have skills to score in the paint. They will exploit our defense better than many teams. They are not as intense defensively as some teams we have faced but who knows what they will do. They've been there before. Got to put them away and defense will be the key if we do.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
A well coached Princeton squad held Indiana to 56 points. We should be a little tougher to score on I would think. I am optimistic that we will be able to muster up a score somewhere north of 70. Just a few made layups would get us there also I would be shocked if Dorka gets another 0-fer.
Dorka will probably help with the scouting report. She knows these guys.

Reaction Score
just saw Grace Berger presser, she definitely looks focused with her game face on. Whoever has to guard her has their work cut out.

Reaction Score
Sure Indiana has 5 1,000 point players. ...... but consider: all five have already played 4 years of
college ball and two have played 5 or MORE (Patberg) years. They are good, but
that statistic alone does not concern me. If we win the battle of the backboards, get our
fair share of " bunnies" , and shoot our norm ( or better ) from 3 point range.... we
will earn the " W". Go TEAM!!!

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
This would seem to be a great game to use our depth. It's tough to shoot the ball in the 4th quarter when you are exhausted. I hope they do play all 9 in the rotation this game. I think it probably works. They have 5 one thousand point scorers on that team. Gotta guard everyone. Very skilled. A veteran team with one player having played 7 years now. Got to extend the defense to the 3 point line but if we do they have lots of players who have skills to score in the paint. They will exploit our defense better than many teams. They are not as intense defensively as some teams we have faced but who knows what they will do. They've been there before. Got to put them away and defense will be the key if we do.
One aspect of this game that Geno likes is that IU has not played UConn this year or in recent history (or ever?). They might be shocked initially if UConn starts well. Also, if they are primarily, or exclusively, a man-to-man team, that augers well for UConn.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I saw a bit of the Princeton game. I'd be disappointed in any thing less than an easy W.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom