Indiana Uconn 2pm est Saturday | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Indiana Uconn 2pm est Saturday

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
Solid everywhere, not spectacular at anything in particular. They flop, a LOT. Will likely only play 6 so UCONN has a big depth advantage if Geno decides to utilize it, though I expect he'll stick a smaller lineup if it's a close game.
yeah.

well, that would be a disappointing, huge mistake. ... not just short-term, either.

i'm hoping he's feeling well after his bout with whatever has been ailing him and praying he's regained his senses.

Reaction Score
They had the following losses:

Stanford by 3 in Nov.
NC State by 8 in Dec.
Michigan by 15 in Jan.
Nebraska by 17 in Feb.
Iowa (2x) by 5 & 6
Maryland by 3
Iowa by 7 in March.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
They had the following losses:

Stanford by 3 in Nov.
NC State by 8 in Dec.
Michigan by 15 in Jan.
Nebraska by 17 in Feb.
Iowa (2x) by 5 & 6
Maryland by 3
Iowa by 7 in March.
Worth noting-losses to Michigan and Nebraska were without Holmes.

On the flip side, the first Iowa loss really was a blowout but Indy scored a ton in the last couple minutes to make the margin look closer than it felt.

Reaction Score
Worth noting-losses to Michigan and Nebraska were without Holmes.

On the flip side, the first Iowa loss really was a blowout but Indy scored a ton in the last couple minutes to make the margin look closer than it felt.
those 2 loses to Iowa are an outlier, they were not 100% and barely recovering. Indiana all season had to batlte injuries, does that sound familiar to another team?

Reaction Score
Holmes is clearly the best player on that team. She can shoot apparently from anywhere. Interesting that she's from Gorham, Maine. How did we let her get away? I'd make Holmes work defensively as a key part of that game. When they played Stanford they came close but Texas beat Stanford around that time. Stanford could not shoot the 3 then. We should be able to out rebound them and I think our defense is stronger. They are very skilled though and everyone can create their own shot.

Reaction Score
Holmes is clearly the best player on that team. She can shoot apparently from anywhere. Interesting that she's from Gorham, Maine. How did we let her get away? I'd make Holmes work defensively as a key part of that game. When they played Stanford they came close but Texas beat Stanford around that time. Stanford could not shoot the 3 then. We should be able to out rebound them and I think our defense is stronger. They are very skilled though and everyone can create their own shot.
Holmes is the best player, but I think Berger and Cardnano-Hillary are gonna be the one's that are gonna cause the most chaos. I can't recall the last time Uconn faced these quality of guards I'm sure there was at some point this season. I read a lot of comments saying they barely got by Princeton and they should win, but I think Princeton just like Ucf was a great test for that Indiana team. I'm sure some of the things Berube runs coincide with Geno.

Reaction Score
I think it's a great game for our seniors to step up and raise their draft stock. CW probably will have the tough task but hopefully she can slowdown Grace Berger. I'm pretty sure they were in the same HS class. I know she's only 6ft which is similar to most wings, but Berger looks so physically imposing and just has a way of getting to spots. Hopefully CW can use her quickness and strength.
ONO should be able to battle Mackenzie Holmes. She did a great job against UCF and hopefully that was the start of a string of her limiting the talented bigs she may face should we advance in the tourney. It would really cement her as one of the best defensive bigs in the country which I feel like she doesn't get that recognition.
This is sort of random but I actually think an early game kinda helps with the nerves. Of course so much of the team had never been in a game like that or environment like that (the freshmen and sophomores, and Dorka and EW). I'm hoping the team can shoot better than on Monday.

bballnut90

Reaction Score
She was the #53 recruit. Per this article she visited Iowa State, Dayton, Belmont, Boston College, James Madison and Indiana. Probably wasn't viewed as UCONN material coming out of HS.

bballnut90

Reaction Score
those 2 loses to Iowa are an outlier, they were not 100% and barely recovering. Indiana all season had to batlte injuries, does that sound familiar to another team?

Definitely similarities there. They looked like a #1 seed contender prior to Holmes going down. Even with her back they haven't been the same team since.

Reaction Score
A bit of trivia: Cardano Hillary played three years at George Mason. In her Freshman season, 2017-2018, she teamed up with Natalie Butler.

Small world.
Oh that Cardano Hillary........I don't know why she insists on putting her last name before her first name.......:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Should be an up tempo free flowing game. Indiana can put 5 scorers on the floor and they run a motion type offense. Should be a good test for the Huskies.
UConn shoots .483 from two point land vs .454 for Indiana, Uconn shoots .345 from three versus .330 for Indiana.....they also shoot foul shots at .696 vs Indiana's .749.........something as simple as that can make a difference

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
What is Indiana like? Haven't seen them play yet. One of those solid everywhere teams? Will UConn play the regular expanded line-up with more time for Caroline and Nika? Any particular weaknesses to their game?
Their Princeton game is on-demand on the ESPN app. They run good offense with a solid low post player and have a wing (Berger) with a great mid-range game. A three point shooter coming off the bench. I think we match up well down low, CW will probably get the Berger assignment. They've been in the top ten all year, it should be competitive, but we should be okay.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom