The all knowing Mick
Reaction Score
Indiana goes just six deep.

Versus Iowa
1648241261649.png

Versus Princeton
1648241331705.png

Notes:
1) Key players are Berger (50% from play) and Cardano-Hillary (41% from play). They take more than 1/2 of all shots.
2) A relatively small team with two players at 6' 3" and everyone else at 6' 0" or smaller.
3) UCONN should clean the boards on the Defensive side and get a major share on the Offensive side.

UCONN by 23

Reaction Score
Indiana is very much like UConn without the elite athleticism..........UConn must hound Hillary and Berger from the tip...........I see Geno giving Nika the assignment of pestering Hillary all over the court but she's got to stay out of foul trouble.......................if UConn shoots well the game might not even be close but if they let Indiana stay in the game early it could be quite a battle........

Reaction Score
Thanks for sharing. Indiana is small but a crafty team. Love watching this team play, especially Mackenzie Holmes. Should be a great game.

Reaction Score
sorry but I have a hard time believing a team of 4+ srs that have played a long time are going to lose by 23. Spread is +8.5 for a reason.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Notes:
1) Key players are Berger (50% from play) and Cardano-Hillary (41% from play). They take more than 1/2 of all shots.
In two games when their offense was struggling, yes. But over the season, their shot distribution is amazingly even. You can't sleep on anyone from Indiana.

Reaction Score
Holmes is still their best player. The only one shooting above 44% out of the entire first 6. They still have a balanced attack though potentially. A 2 game sample size is pretty small.

Big Mick

The all knowing Mick
Reaction Score
The answer is to my query is probably obvious but I don't see it. Why compare Indiana's stats versus Princeton and Iowa?

Aah, ummmm, errr, because Indiana just played them in win or go home games... :)

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Aah, ummmm, errr, because Indiana just played them in win or go home games... :)
Creighton played Iowa while Indiana played Charlotte. The Iowa vs Indiana was for the B1G Tournament Championship.

Big Mick

The all knowing Mick
Reaction Score
With a game in between.

We're talking competitive games here. Indiana won that in-between'er (vs Charlotte) by 34.....and so, everyone gets to feast.

The thing is - when you have to win a close game:

And so, that is where those stats vs Ohio and Princeton tell the real measure of what Indiana brings.

Reaction Score
Somewhere in Indiana they’re looking at three UConn games. Georgia Tech, South Carolina and Oregon. I’m sure some of them think that’s the whole story.

Big Mick

The all knowing Mick
Reaction Score
Somewhere in Indiana they’re looking at three UConn games. Georgia Tech, South Carolina and Oregon. I’m sure some of them think that’s the whole story.

You miss the point: this is about evaluating what Indiana can bring vs UCONN.

If you want to be relevant, give us your take on how it will go.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
We're talking competitive games here. Indiana won that in-between'er (vs Charlotte) by 34.....and so, everyone gets to feast.

The thing is - when you have to win a close game:
And so, that is where those stats vs Ohio and Princeton tell the real measure of what Indiana brings.
Then why did you answer with the following? "Aah, ummmm, errr, because Indiana just played them in win or go home games..." The Iowa game was not a win or go home game.

Reaction Score
You miss the point: this is about evaluating what Indiana can bring vs UCONN.

If you want to be relevant, give us your take on how it will go.
Sure. It means nothing. It’s tournament time. Both teams are talented or they wouldn’t be here. Predictions? Please. Literally so many variables it’s impossible. How many times did UConn lose in the final 4 recently when statistics in some of those seasons showed they could sleep through the tournament.

Anything can happen. Not sure anything would surprise me.

Sorry if that’s not relevant enough. But, don’t really care if it is either.

Big Mick

The all knowing Mick
Reaction Score
Sure. It means nothing. It’s tournament time. Both teams are talented or they wouldn’t be here. Predictions? Please. Literally so many variables it’s impossible. How many times did UConn lose in the final 4 recently when statistics in some of those seasons showed they could sleep through the tournament.

Anything can happen. Not sure anything would surprise me.

Sorry if that’s not relevant enough. But, don’t really care if it is either.

Yup, no opinion: irrelevant

Big Mick

The all knowing Mick
Reaction Score
Then why did you answer with the following? "Aah, ummmm, errr, because Indiana just played them in win or go home games..." The Iowa game was not a win or go home game.

AGAIN - we're talking competitive games here. It was the Big Ten Tournament Final for cripes sakes. Indiana brought their best and it wasn't enough. Them stats don't lie, baby.

Reaction Score
Indiana seems to have the general makeup of a lot of BE teams, but just more talented? I haven't seen them play enough, but is that a good assessment?

Reaction Score
I never preview the opposing team because in the end it doesn’t matter. Every single game is different. Previous games don’t equal what any team will do today, or going forward.

Reaction Score
Indiana seems to have the general makeup of a lot of BE teams, but just more talented? I haven't seen them play enough, but is that a good assessment?
I have seen them play a lot (I’m an alum) and they don’t play anything like a typical Big East team. Holmes is a classic post, Berger’s game is almost totally within the arc and their Spanish point guard loves to drive to the hoop. The 3-pointer is not a major facet of their game; Patberg is their only player who looks for that shot, although Gulbe will shoot it if she is not guarded.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I would say, specifically, that their playing style resembles Marquette's, but as you say, Indiana has more scoring talent. Like Marquette, their offense is mostly inside the arc.

It appears to me that UConn should be able to dominate the boards, including the offensive boards. That should enable UConn to prevail even if the 3's aren't falling.

Reaction Score
I never preview the opposing team because in the end it doesn’t matter. Every single game is different. Previous games don’t equal what any team will do today, or going forward.
couldn't have said it better myself. Also this idea that well "this team beat this team and lost to this team so that means we would beat them" will always make me chuckle. Tournament games are about styles and matchups. Arkansas and Baylor DESTROYED Gonzaga. Why? Because their physicality tore down Timme and Chet.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom