Indiana/FSU | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Indiana/FSU

Reaction Score
We beat Florida, was one basket from beating Xavier in 2OT and blew out Miami. We should not be an underdog and Indiana should not be the favorite.

Yeah, let's only look at one team's performance so far . . .

Reaction Score
Indiana's Green is listed as "bench"....but he scored 30 points...he was on fire. 5 of 7 from 3 point territory...

FSU's 16 free throws vs Indiana's 38 made a big difference...

Reaction Score
Gilbert on Green we will be fine, he will drive him nuts just like most everyone thus far he's guarded. The thing they do well that scares me the most is crash the boards. They're not big but they hit's from the wings and score off of misses. Polley needs to rebound in this game, has to or at least keep his man away. Very athletic team but so are we. Akok will be huge also, not sure about Carlton who's he going to guard?

Tough matchup but our defense is better than most they face.

For now I'm nervous about Iona need to make this happen tonight before we concern ourselves much with IU.

Reaction Score
Indiana on fire from 3 shooting 60% from the field and 57% from 3. Up 34-22 at the under 4 time out in the first half.

The game was on Indiana's home court. Tough to match those numbers at MSG which should have good UConn energy. They have been playing well and should be confident but the same can be said of us. I suspect they will be favored by, maybe, two to five points

Reaction Score
FG made: FSU 25 IND 25

3PT made: FSU 7 IND 7

Free throws: FSU 16 IND 38..........................................

That is the game....22 more free throws.

Of course Nole guys will gripe about the officiating....

Playing five games in 11 days (vs Indiana's three in games in 9 days) and the third on the road against an Indiana team that has not left home may have contributed to some tired playing.

FSU's scorers sat out much of the 1st half after getting two quick fouls called on them. Ham sits guys after two fouls...even if they are the scorers.

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
Take care of business today and coaching staff and players will have 6 days to prep for this game. Arguable the biggest game of the season so far but every game is equally important now.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Although Indiana won the game and looked really good, I came away strongly believing we can win our game against them. They aren’t a matchup nightmare like a Memphis is going to be. It’s going to be hard for them to replicate getting to the line 40 times or hitting as many long range contested threes.

Reaction Score
Gilbert on Green we will be fine, he will drive him nuts just like most everyone thus far he's guarded. The thing they do well that scares me the most is crash the boards. They're not big but they hit's from the wings and score off of misses. Polley needs to rebound in this game, has to or at least keep his man away. Very athletic team but so are we. Akok will be huge also, not sure about Carlton who's he going to guard?

For now I'm nervous about Iona need to make this happen tonight before we concern ourselves much with IU.
Agreed that rebounding might be the biggest concern. On the broadcast last night, they said it's Archie Miller's goal that IU "kill their opponent on the glass" every game. We haven't rebounded well all year and going up against a legit high major team that rebounds aggressively is going to be a challenge.

Reaction Score
Just to note that Indiana has to play at Wisconsin this weekend, their first road game and always a tough venue. Win there, and they will be ranked, undefeated and looking a bit much for UConn at this point in time. Lose to Wisconsin, and they will be an unranked team that has yet to win away from home -- piece of cake.

Reaction Score
Just to note that Indiana has to play at Wisconsin this weekend, their first road game and always a tough venue. Win there, and they will be ranked, undefeated and looking a bit much for UConn at this point in time. Lose to Wisconsin, and they will be an unranked team that has yet to win away from home -- piece of cake.
I hope they beat Wisco and become ranked. UConn should aim to beat the best, and it would become another quality win.

Reaction Score
The game was on Indiana's home court. Tough to match those numbers at MSG which should have good UConn energy. They have been playing well and should be confident but the same can be said of us. I suspect they will be favored by, maybe, two to five points
Green is a NYC kid. Played in Long Island. He’ll want to put on a show at the Garden. Was also a starter on PSA Cardinals AAU, in front of a guy we know by the name of Vital. Those two, for the last time at MSG, will be a good one. If CV wanted to play well against old teammate EJ, he really wants to get a W against the Green kid.

Reaction Score
Indiana will be a challenging game for sure. One thing not a lot of people are talking about...Indiana had 18 turnovers the other night. I think this will be a key to the game. Getting them to turn it over 15 times or more should be our goal.

Can't let them shoot 38 FTs.

Reaction Score
Indiana is ranked 16th in the CBSSports Top 25 and 1. It's updated daily so they're usually ahead of the curve on a team's ranking. I think Indiana will definitely be ranked on Monday in the new polls. These are the type of games UConn needs to win if they're going to make the NCAA Tournament.

16 team logo
Indiana
Devonte Green came off the bench and scored a career-high 30 points in Tuesday's 80-64 win over Florida State. The Hoosiers are 8-0 for the first time since the 2012-13 season.

Reaction Score
Not directly related but I had a 6 team parlay going, and the only game I missed was Florida State beating Indiana. Would've paid out +7500 on a $5 bet (so $375). Watching Indiana get the line every possession was literally torture.

C

Chief00

Agree.

C

Chief00

Agreed that rebounding might be the biggest concern. On the broadcast last night, they said it's Archie Miller's goal that IU "kill their opponent on the glass" every game. We haven't rebounded well all year and going up against a legit high major team that rebounds aggressively is going to be a challenge.
Leading the nation in rebounding for many years and winning national championship are not a coincidence.

Reaction Score
Indiana will be a challenging game for sure. One thing not a lot of people are talking about...Indiana had 18 turnovers the other night. I think this will be a key to the game. Getting them to turn it over 15 times or more should be our goal.

Can't let them shoot 38 FTs.

Indiana currently has the #1 FT rate in the country. Not sure if that is due to a limited sample size and that one game being an outlier, but either way that is where they currently stand. Their FT% is average and UConn's opponents FT rate is in the middle of the country. It will be critical to prevent that from happening again and forcing turnovers (UConn top 50 in the country in TO% by opponents).

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Gilbert on Green we will be fine, he will drive him nuts just like most everyone thus far he's guarde
At 6'3" 185 he may be a bit much for Al. CV and BA alternating and even Tyler Phommachanh once in a while would be my choice.

Reaction Score
At 6'3" 185 he may be a bit much for Al. CV and BA alternating and even Tyler Phommachanh once in a while would be my choice.

Good news is he's not 6'3 but he's bigger than Al, most are. What Al brings to the table to other guys don't is he will keep himself between Green and the basket as well as get through many of the picks. He's our best on man defender and he's low too giving the other guard some nerves in putting it on the floor. He did a great job on a much bigger Scruggs for much of the time in the X game. If Green goes on a run it will not necessarily be because he isn't being defended anyway he starts firing from deep when he's confident and hot, tough to guard there and be sure you keep him from getting to the lane. No matter who's guarding him we can only hope he's not having a special night because he becomes unconscious and there's not a lot you can do.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Indiana’s beat writer says that we’re not a high major. “Indiana won’t play another game this season not against a high-major opponent — if we can make an exception for UConn at Madison Square Garden — with the Badgers, Huskies and Cornhuskers up next, followed by Notre Dame in Indianapolis on Dec. 21 and Arkansas in Bloomington on Dec. 29.”

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
IU getting slapped by Wisconsin at the half

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member