Indiana Fever 2020 | The Boneyard

Indiana Fever 2020

Reaction Score
So the “7” players that the WNBA announced tested positive would be Briann January & Natisha Hiedeman from the Sun, Sydney Colson (Sky), Wheeler & Cox (Fever), Megan Walker & Asia Durr (Liberty) I’m assuming.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
What I heard was she was self quarantined due to contact tracing. Can't confirm that though. But I agree, would really be sad if she did come down with it. Diabetes is one of the underlying conditions that is often mentioned. And she has Type 1 which is more rare and unpredictable than Type 2.

Reaction Score

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
What I heard was she was self quarantined due to contact tracing. Can't confirm that though. But I agree, would really be sad if she did come down with it. Diabetes is one of the underlying conditions that is often mentioned. And she has Type 1 which is more rare and unpredictable than Type 2.

Thank you.

Reaction Score
Not sure how Stanley's plan for a stretch 4 is going to work with Dupree and Anchonwa. Vic moved Vivians to the 4 her senior year to accomplish what Stanley is attempting. Maybe Dupree has spent the time to raise her 3pt %, but career numbers usually don't lie.

Reaction Score

The Indiana Fever announced Friday that point guard Erica Wheeler will not join the team this season.

The reigning All-Star game MVP has missed every game this season in medical protocol after testing positive for COVID-19 in July.

In a corresponding move, the Fever signed third-round draft pick Kamiah Smalls. Smalls was the 28th overall selection in April's draft. The two-time Colonial Athletic Association Player of the Year from James Madison was cut before training camp.

“Erica is following the WNBA Medical Protocol and we will continue to go through the necessary steps to help her during this time,” Vice President of Basketball Operations and General Manager Tamika Catchings said via news release.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Season is officially over for the Fever. A pretty disappointing short season, all things considered. Started out the season 5-7 before losing 9 of their last 10 and missing the playoffs for a 4th year in a row post Catchings.

Individually I thought the 2 big standouts were rookie Julie Allemand and Kelsey Mitchell. Allemand was efficient, a good distributor and could score when called upon. Excellent numbers for a rookie and she looked very composed all season. Definitely should be on All-Rookie.

Mitchell really elevated her play this year. Took better shots, was a more efficient scorer and it seems she's found her groove as a pro. Glad to see she's made the jump after a rocky first 2 seasons.

McCowan's underwhelming season is a head scratcher to me. She looked a lot more fired up and assertive as a rookie, especially during the latter half of 2019. She still averaged 11/7 but I thought she would've locked down a starting spot and established her dominance more than she did. Offensively she's still very much a work in progressive, as she struggles to make moves on her own and finish when defended. Lots of upside for her still.

If Indiana can get healthy next year, I think they could be really good. They'll likely get a top 2 pick next year in a weak draft, but most importantly they'll have a healthy Lauren Cox and a healthy Victoria Vivians, and Wheeler back. All 3 should be huge difference makers next year for Indiana. Aside from that, not really a whole lot else to say, kind of a meh season from the Fever.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom