Indiana blows | The Boneyard

Indiana blows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So do Maryland and BCU. I can't get excited yet. These 3 teams blow and they beat a very depleted UF team that will be much tougher in Jan.

Reaction Score
So do Maryland and BCU. I can't get excited yet. These 3 teams blow and they beat a very depleted UF team that will be much tougher in Jan.

The same depleted UF team who sandwiched their loss to us with wins over Florida State and Kansas?

Look, I get that our body of work isn't incredibly impressive right now. But the Florida win was impressive then and will look even more impressive later in the season. Florida started four seniors against us, and took an undefeated Wisconsin team to the wire in their own building minus Wilbekin and Finney-Smith. Walker is the type of player that will take them to the next level, but that was a Gator team on the path to a two or three seed with or without him.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Indiana is a freshman-sophomore dominated team...hence, they will be inconsistent. I didn't see the whole game but apparent Indy played okay early on but played like a pile of garbage during winning time.

Reaction Score
I get that, it will be a quality win, but we squeaked by at home with a last second play, so not like we dominated that game even though they are down 2-3 key players and their best guard didn't play a good portion of the 2nd half.

Close wins over BCU, IU, Maryland, all of which could have been losses is not impressive whatsoever.

This team will go as far as the front court allows. I think team is built for at least a S16 run and to get further needs a more balanced attack and improved interior defense.

The same depleted UF team who sandwiched their loss to us with wins over Florida State and Kansas?

Look, I get that our body of work isn't incredibly impressive right now. But the Florida win was impressive then and will look even more impressive later in the season. Florida started four seniors against us, and took an undefeated Wisconsin team to the wire in their own building minus Wilbekin and Finney-Smith. Walker is the type of player that will take them to the next level, but that was a Gator team on the path to a two or three seed with or without him.

Reaction Score
I get that, it will be a quality win, but we squeaked by at home with a last second play, so not like we dominated that game even though they are down 2-3 key players and their best guard didn't play a good portion of the 2nd half.

Close wins over BCU, IU, Maryland, all of which could have been losses is not impressive whatsoever.

This team will go as far as the front court allows. I think team is built for at least a S16 run and to get further needs a more balanced attack and improved interior defense.

Funny stuff, "could have been losses" - they weren't........ 9-0 however IS impressive!!

Still find a bitch though.......:rolleyes:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

I don't think UConn'll be blowing good teams out this year. Not this kind of team. But with their ability to stay in games and keep grinding out wins, They've got as much of a chance as anyone.

There's a lot to be said about a mentally tough team. And they've shown to be just that.

Reaction Score
I don't think UConn'll be blowing good teams out this year. Not this kind of team. But with their ability to stay in games and keep grinding out wins, They've got as much of a chance as anyone.

There's a lot to be said about a mentally tough team. And they've shown to be just that.

This is +1,000,000......BINGO

Reaction Score

In that respect, think back to our first title team in 1999. They had these same qualities and knew how to win the tight games down the stretch. Not comparing the two teams talent-wise...too early for that...but from a grittiness standpoint...very similar. Everyone loved Duke that year in the championship game...because they were blowing teams away all year. Their weakness was exposed in that game, as they didn't know how to win the close game down the stretch!

Reaction Score

Wilbekin got injured with 2 minutes and change left and they basically scored on every possession after he went out, step up your troll game, you're looking like a flunkie out here.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

This guy is the most miserable f--- this board has ever had to endure.

I'd be shocked if you can find even one post from this guy that doesn't just suck the life out of whatever thread it's in.

pj

Reaction Score
In that respect, think back to our first title team in 1999. They had these same qualities and knew how to win the tight games down the stretch. Not comparing the two teams talent-wise...too early for that...but from a grittiness standpoint...very similar. Everyone loved Duke that year in the championship game...because they were blowing teams away all year. Their weakness was exposed in that game, as they didn't know how to win the close game down the stretch!

Of course, playing a ton of tough teams in the Big East really helped build mental toughness. We won't have the same advantage in the AAC. But, I like this team's mental make up. Improve the defense and rebounding and they'll be in good shape.

Reaction Score
Classy, Fishy. A guy who posts a bunch of useless prattle. The first insightful sports post you post will be the first. We're all waiting...

If you think the BCU win was a quality win good one

This guy is the most miserable f--- this board has ever had to endure.

I'd be shocked if you can find even one post from this guy that doesn't just suck the life out of whatever thread it's in.

Reaction Score
2 point win over BCU, let's celebrate

Funny stuff, "could have been losses" - they weren't........ 9-0 however IS impressive!!

Still find a bitch though.......:rolleyes:

Reaction Score

This... We are not the most aesthetically pleasing team. But we've got Bazz and they don't and we battle like few others. Simply b/c of this we will win most of our close games and there will be many of them.

Reaction Score
LEARN HOW TO FLUNKING QUOTE A POST THE RIGHT WAY AT LEAST DEAR LORD

Reaction Score
I can tell you here in Bloomington right now, many worry about IU making the NCAAs. I think they'll probably get in this year, but IU definitely is not the team it was last year. Too much to replace--losing Oladipo and Zeller.

Reaction Score
Uconn has a March strategy. They spend most of the first half trying to build confidence in guys like DD and Omar. Bazz is our insurance. We're preparing for the long haul not blowing out teams. I wouldn't want to face this team in March if our offense is running on all cylinders. We will be scary once we get some consistancy from DD, Omar, and Boat. I believe confidence building is top priority...thats why Omar starts! We're in a very good place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom