Independent Scheduling | Page 16 | The Boneyard

Independent Scheduling

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It's absurd to schedule Syracuse and Rutgers in the beginning of the season when they are in the OOC portion of their schedule?

yes. neither of those schools would ever make a deal to come to east hartford.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
ill meet you back here when if they actually play that season but your fantasy is lol absurd
You're beyond a pessimist. If UMass can make an independent schedule in a year so can we.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
like i said. we can come back and laugh at your fantasy if there is a football team in 2023.
LOL So UMass can schedule a home and home with Missouri but we can't schedule a home and home with Rugters?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
But Purdue just did.

im sorry purdue made a deal to play in east hartford after uconn went independent?

seriously - come back to earth. look at the schedules independents play.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
im sorry purdue made a deal to play in east hartford after uconn went independent?

You think Purdue didn't have an idea UConn was doing this? They scheduled days before UConn made the announcement.

shizzle787

Reaction Score

Army chooses to play a crap schedule to grab wins. UMass has no brand name at all and scored a home and home with Missouri. New Mexico State has no brand name. Liberty is new to FBS. Notre Dame is Notre Dame. Our closest comparison is probably BYU but they get a better slate of home and homes for the first 5 weeks and don't do pay day games.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Army chooses to play a crap schedule to grab wins. UMass has no brand name at all and scored a home and home with Missouri. New Mexico State has no brand name. Liberty is new to FBS. Notre Dame is Notre Dame. Our closest comparison is probably BYU but they get a better slate of home and homes for the first 5 weeks and don't do pay day games.

yeah uconn is just like byu without the heisman winners, a national championship and an entire religion that follows the program.

you can barely tell them apart

shizzle787

Reaction Score
yeah uconn is just like byu without the heisman winners, a national championship and an entire religion that follows the program.

LOL The first two were 4 decades ago. Either way, the program will exist into the future. The state is not going to let hundreds of millions of dollars of investment go down the drain and Benedict will come up with an ugly schedule for the next two years and then decent ones from then on. We will get regional home and homes from local rivals like Syracuse and Rutgers and the B1G still considers us a P5 opponent.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
LOL The first two were 4 decades ago. Either way, the program will exist into the future. The state is not going to let hundreds of millions of dollars of investment go down the drain and Benedict will come up with an ugly schedule for the next two years and then decent ones from then on. We will get regional home and homes from local rivals like Syracuse and Rutgers and the B1G still considers us a P5 opponent.

i love ya shizz but you should put down the crack pipe

uconn eliminated themselves from recruiting. the last thing any local p5 is going to do is bring them back to life.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
i love ya shizz but you should put down the crack pipe

uconn eliminated themselves from recruiting. the last thing any local p5 is going to do is bring them back to life.
I don't agree with that. Also, there is a pool of about 15 non-local P5 schools that would schedule us home and home.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I don't agree with that. Also, there is a pool of about 15 non-local P5 schools that would schedule us home and home.

lol sure there is. whats the hold up on the schedules with 15 p5 schools willing to come to east hartford.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
lol sure there is. whats the hold up on the schedules with 15 p5 schools willing to come to east hartford.
In 2022 and beyond? Nothing. We could get Maryland, Vanderbilt, Kansas, Iowa State, Virginia, UNC, Purdue, Oregon State, Wake Forest, etc.

Reaction Score
Maybe Mike Anthony can give us an update on whether he still believes that what he originally heard about our sked is still coming to fruition.
What was that 3 months ago?

Reaction Score

THIS is whalers best post, EVER

Reaction Score
Maybe Mike Anthony can give us an update on whether he still believes that what he originally heard about our sked is still coming to fruition.
What was that 3 months ago?

End of July (7/26)

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I assume Benedict laughs himself to sleep reading these threads.

He spends more time practicing for interviews for his next job than he does looking for games for his zombie program.

The athletic department couldn’t sell space heaters to eskimos - but sure they can put together a BYU level football schedule.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
I assume Benedict laughs himself to sleep reading these threads.

He spends more time practicing for interviews for his next job than he does looking for games for his zombie program.

The athletic department couldn’t sell space heaters to eskimos - but sure they can put together a BYU level football schedule.
You don't read well. I said we can schedule 6 P5 schools a year. I said they would NOT be of the caliber BYU plays though.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
I just want to call dibs on saying “you just got nelsoned”
Everyone said I was on the crack pipe four years ago when I suggested going independent and back to the Big East when I first came on the site and Fishy put a gag order on me.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Everyone said I was on the crack pipe four years ago when I suggested going independent and back to the Big East when I first came on the site and Fishy put a gag order on me.

plenty of people said kill football to put basketball in the big east. im not sure anyone else has your delusions of scheduling grandour tho.

Reaction Score

Gag order...did chief just slip up here?!?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I think what Shizz is over looking is the limitation other programs have with their OOC scheduling. The P5 (and G5) schools have just 3 OOC games to book per annum after they schedule their annual FCS cupcake game. I think very few P5 schools will want to allocate one of those precious OOC slots to us more than say 2 - 4 times per decade.

I would be stunned if we managed to get a schedule with more than five P5 games per year regularly.

We have a lot of calendar to fill.

1-FCS
5-P5 (two home / three away)
1-AAC
2-Indy
3-from balance of G5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors